Big boy's bed!

sweetlullaby

Reaction score
Has anyone ever started the big boy's bed at naptime instead of bedtime?

I went to put LO down for his nap in his cot and he kept shaking his head for no and pointing to the big boy's bed so I thought why not and put him in it and put the extra duvet and pillows on the floor at the top end where there's a gap from the bedrail (it's a wooden one that screws into his bed so can't go right up at the top and his cot is right beside it at the bottom blocking the gap there.

He fell asleep instantly with no tears or bouncing all over the bed etc so fingers crossed! I wasn't expecting to do this anytime soon I thought he wasn't ready but he decided he wanted to go into his big boy's bed instead of the cot :rofl:

Will update tonight and in the morning as to how bedtime goes!

I haven't done this but what a good idea! You have inspired me!

Yes, this is how I transitioned my little one, naps first. Got my fingers crossed for you for tonight, hope it goes well x

Did you just do naps at first then bedtime or nap then straight into bedtime that night?

I've just went and checked on him again and he's still zonked out :rofl:
He had a really long day yesterday with no nap and a really late bedtime so must be shattered today!

Update -

Im just about to go back into his room for the 8th time in the last hour to put him back into the bed. (he's just started knocking the door :rofl:)
He isn't falling out of it just climbing out and playing in the corner behind the door with his teddies :dohh:
If I have to keep going in to put him back into bed I'll move him back to the cot

edit to add - he can climb out perfectly but can't climb back into bed :rofl:

I hope he stays in bed for you! lol xx

I did naps only in the big girl bed since 9 months. Then bedtime in the bed at 18 or 19 months. I did the naps only because I had to transition her out of the swing for naps. She always napped in her bouncy seat or swing. Never in her cot. But she slept in her cot at night.

He's sound asleep in his big boy's bed :) Took nearly two hours at bedtime think it was the sheer novelty that he can easily get out and play in his room :dohh: But hopefully it'll go well over the next few days and nights and the novelty of getting out will wear off.

Seriously did not expect to be moving him out of his cot today :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->