Birth options/preferences

Cheshirista

Reaction score
At what point do you get asked/should you raise these? I have midwife appointments in December and January - will it be then? I have some ideas of what I want but I don't know when these things are put in place.

my mw said she will go through a birth plan with me a bit closer to the time i assume it goes in your notes, im planning a home birth and told her that at my booking app, i think i will make a list of all my preferences and shove it at the first mw i see when i go into labour, have also briefed my husband on everything so if i am not able to he will be my voice

I never discussed it with anyone until I was in labour with my son. I had a very comprehensive birth plan & they were excellent at following that. I had a waterbirth but since you can't "reserve" the pools as long as you are in somewhere with birthing pools you can just tell them that's what you want when you call to tell them you're in labour/coming in, although I wouldn't have thought they would start running it till id been examined anyway.

No harm talking to your MW about it though. Maybe I just had a rubbish one!

X

When I was having DD nobody discussed it with me at all. In the end she was breech and I had an elective c-section so there was no need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->