Birthing Options- Also posted in natural and home birthing

mamawannabee

Natural Mama/WTT #2
Reaction score
We are currently planning on a birth center birth, but found out today that we will still have to transfer to the hospital for a 48 hour stay. This is not something I am willing to do, and our decision will come down to home birth or checking out against medical advice. My question would be, to US ladies specifically, are you allowed to check a newborn out AMA? I am afraid they will try to hold the baby even if they do let me check myself out that way. I will ask the birth center but my next appointment isn't for a week and a half. I should add that we would have a visiting nurse come the first and second day, and would be seeing the pediatrician a week later. I have contacted a home birth midwife and she is more than happy to work with us, however that would not be covered by insurance, and I would rather avoid the extra bill if possible.

I'm not sure, but why do you have to transfer to a hospital if using a birthing center?

It depends on your state... In CO they req a 24 hr stay and will not allow you to AMA out a minor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->