Black Friday Sales

Luckybug

Preggers
Reaction score
Is it too early to buy things? Probably, I know this. But some of the baby items I want are going to be 100+ dollars off. We're going to wait to find out the gender anyhow, so the items would be gender neutral.

I can't decide if it's crazy to buy things just yet, or crazy to pass up these deals.

All that being said, I live in Germany far away from family so it's nearly impossible for them to buy me any baby items directly, especially with APO shipping being so tricky. If they do purchase me anything it would be small items, they have also had a bit of financial trouble so I don't expect much.

We can easily foot the bill for the items later on, but the prices that I'm seeing would save us hundreds and that could be potentially more money to put into it's 429 plan later.

I'm not buying a crib, but things like a pack and play and travel system. And no clothes yet.

If I leave the items in the boxes for easy return would that be so bad?

If you think you should buy them in the sale, go for it!

I already have alot of the electrial stuff cause i have a 1 year old and we never got rid of it all ! so the old wives tales about it being bad luck are out the window xD

(Many old ladies tell you its bad luck, but then again they tell you if a bird poops on you its good luck! so i wouldnt put much trust in that! Or if you wanted to believe them you could store the stuff in a friends house!)

Can you return them if they where on sale? suppose you could sell them on :S then again its more probable your gonna use it for your little baby :D

It might be crazy to buy things so early, who cares, we are pregnant, we are allowed to be crazy! or well prepared :)

I plan on sitting in on black friday, maybe some internet shopping lol but i hate crowds and get mega road rage ( aka u walk infront of my buggy and stop one more time... im gonna run you over! hehe ) cause people are seriously rude, they walk into your buggy, there bags have actually hit my kids head! cause why should they look down or care about anything!

i think i went off topic, im getting good at that lately lol erm.. yeah, go for it, enjoy the sales, personally im waiting for 1st scan cause id a mc last month so im all floopy, but with my 1st kid my gran bought him a swing for £200 when i told her i was pregnant ( i was in 1st tri when she paid for it! ) and that worked out well :)

Although it's personal choice, I wouldn't buy anything too "big". It all depends if you have a safe zone to buy after in case things don't go to plan (it sounds cruel as hell but it happens). I'm not buying anything until after Christmas for money reasons. And I'll be well over 12 weeks x

There's really two things that I want, the pack and play and travel system.

If something happens I could always send them back, but my intention was to buy them then store them in the attic until after 12 weeks. I'll make the decision tonight, I suppose. :S

I think go for it. I don't believe in the not buying until 12 weeks thing.

I think buy things when you want. There is no "safe zone" anyway. Not to sound harsh, but there isn't. It is all a crazy theory. lol

I waited a long time to buy with my first pregnancy and we lost the baby at 30 weeks. I know people (through support groups) that lost the baby at 40 weeks. It is less common, but it happens.

So, buy when you want to just know somewhere there is a risk with then either having the baby stuff around the house or having to return things which isn't easy emotionally.

I wouldn't wait though just because you want to wait for 12 weeks "safe zone".

You have more chance of (sadly) losing a baby during the first trimester.

Yes that's true but buying won't change the outcome. I've had many first tri loses and two late loses (36+6 and 24+3) and they all hurt no matter what. So I try not to stress about things that are beyond my control and enjoy this pregnancy for what it is right now. The op should do so too :)

Gonna go for it! :)

Hope everyone has a great turkey day. :)

I'm glad. Enjoy the moment and enjoy the bargains.

I wish we had thanks giving here. I want turkey :haha:

If there was things I needed then yes I would certainly be buying them in the sales! I still have everything from last time round tho may treat myself to a new sling

Last time I bought my travel system at 16weeks as it was a deal that I just couldn't pass up on, much to my MILs disagreement! She had to keep it round her house and wasn't going to give it back until after LO was born until I pointed out I needed the car seat to bring him home from hospital with!

Go for it!! We bought a crib even before we were pregnant. There was a misprint and a Crib reg 350$ was suppose to be on for 199.99$, but it was printed in the flyer for 99$! How was I going to pass that up?!. I don't get this whole " buying stuff before certain time" ... It doesn't jinx you....buy whatever you'd like :)... And honestly, if it doesn't work out.. It sucks wether you have a travel system or not... But it will be all good.. So I say shop away! :)

It's nothing about jinxing or superstitions, it's about buying things too far in advance when something could go wrong at early stages.

I definitely say go for it! Seriously it's not like you're putting your life savings in building a nursery or anything. And if things didn't work out, you can either return them or keep them if you guys plan on trying again. Buying things in advance will do absolutely no harm.

I say go for it! With both of my previous pregnancies, I bought a few things. Even after I lost the babies, I didn't regret it (although hubby quickly put everything away).

Now I'm pregnant again with an already-painted nursery and a few big-ticket items. I got some great deals and might buy some more things in the Black Friday sales. There's never a guarantee either way.

I buy bits and bobs to spread the cost. Plus it's fun and helps it feel real and so helps bonding, for me anyway.

I buy bits and bobs to spread the cost. Plus it's fun and helps it feel real and so helps bonding, for me anyway.

I agree with the bonding. With my 1st and this pregnancy it was/is hard for me to connect. Buying things helps it feel 'real'

I bought my DD's buggy when I was 9 weeks lol. With my first tri loss I bought a few bits of clothing but just kept them in a drawer and now in expecting again. Currently 13 weeks and got more clothes but nothing "big" although if the buggy I want was in the sale I would definetly get it.
Bad things can happen at any time quite frankly, I just try and enjoy the moment.
:) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"