• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bleaching teeth?

mamawanabe21

Pregnant with #2
Reaction score
A random question, I know, but does anyone know if it is safe to bleach teeth at home whilst pregnant? I stopped during my first trimester, but I feel like my teeth are really starting to yellow already.

I use the Plus White 5 Minute speed whitening gel, and I cant see anything on the tube about using whilst pregnant, and I no longer have the box - d'oh!

Any advice without having to visit my dentist (huge phobia) would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• 2013-02-24 11.56.57.jpg
    2013-02-24 11.56.57.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 0
A random question, I know, but does anyone know if it is safe to bleach teeth at home whilst pregnant? I stopped during my first trimester, but I feel like my teeth are really starting to yellow already.

I use the Plus White 5 Minute speed whitening gel, and I cant see anything on the tube about using whilst pregnant, and I no longer have the box - d'oh!

Any advice without having to visit my dentist (huge phobia) would be greatly appreciated!

This was on the what to expect app the other day:

Teeth Whitening During Pregnancy
Sorry, but you may have to wait until after you deliver your million-dollar baby to debut a new million-dollar smile. While there are no proven risks to tooth whitening, it's a procedure that definitely falls into the better safe than sorry category. Be sure to keep your teeth clean and well flossed, though. In between cleanings, chew sugarless gum or snack on nuts or cheese to help reduce plaque buildup. Your supersensitive gums will thank you for the attention, plus you'll increase your chances of having a healthier pregnancy (believe it or not, poor dental care has been linked to premature birth). And isn't having a healthy mouth more important than having whiter whites?

I personally have stopped whitening mine. Just using whitening toothpaste x

Thank you! I'll give it a miss until baby is here I think.
I've just switched from Colgate Sensitive to Oral B Pro-Expert a month ago and noticed a huge difference in whitening, so fingers crossed it will kep my teeth somewhat pearly white and a little less yellow until the summer!

Hi im a dental nurse and we dont whiten/bleach peoples teeth when they are pregnant. I stopped doing mine in my last pregnancy and same this time round x

The tickler below is very old my little girl is now 20months old :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->