Blighted ovum(empty sac) or too soon?

Take a look at the Wiki page here;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fetal_pole

According to that it is quite normal to not see a fetal pole till 9 weeks. Was there a yolk sack visible at all?

The gestsational sac (black looking sac) was there and tiny..Nothing else..is that the yolk sac??? UGH... :cry:

Thanks for the link..it does make me feel the slightest bit better, but why no pg symptoms?/ Maybe levels dropped/ I have nothing to compare them too so IDK..:shrug:

The yolk sack is normally inside. Did they say how big the sack was?

Don't panic yet sweetie. I know it's hard when you've had different results previously, and have seen things earlier. But there are a large number of women who don't see things till later. It doesn't always mean a positive outcome but you are not out yet. Stress isn't good for you right now, you need to try and keep your mind off all of this till you know for sure.

Last thing I wanted to add hunny is that with a blighted ovum most women still 'feel' pregnant, because the body doesn't know that there is no baby. The hormones still build up and so you would get all of the normal symptoms. So the fact that you don't feel symptoms isn't an indicator that there is a problem-don't take that as a bad sign x

The tech didnt give me a measurement..said no visible fetal pole..Idk,so confused..I love the fact that I have you ladies here though..I am lost..I want to sleep these next 6 days away couldthisbe..I really do!:cry:

I know what you mean hun. I had some bleeding early on with this LO, and then pain in the right side that pointed to an ectopic. It's all so very scary! And the worst is that it is all out of our hands, there's nothing we can control.

Keep tweaking photos in the preg tests forum, it'll keep your mind off it ;)

Its my fav thing to do at work while I pass time waiting for my scan..I know how exciting it is to see the first hint of any line so I get excited when I can point it out to someone! :hugs::hugs: so glad you and your lo are doing fine!:thumbup:

hey hun, sorry to hop in here but didn't want to R&R. to me it does sound from your Ov dates that you could have been out by a few days and implantation can take a few more days after Ov day, so baby could have possibly been a late impanter??
you really are not out of the game yet and please dont take no symptoms as a bad thing. i never had any symptoms with my previous pregnancy neither this current pregnancy now. every person, every baby, every pregnancy is different and your HCG levels sound reassuring!
i know this has probably been said to you a 1000 times over but just wanted to try and send you a little bit of reassurance.
hope the next few days fly by for you and you get to see your bubba on the scan.
will be thinking of you :hugs:
x jo x

jmb,

Thank you so much..I am sitting here sobbing in tears at your signature ticker and photo..OMG..You are one strong woman! Congrats on the new pg and I hope this is a happy and healthy ending. I am so sad for you..How do you go on? I feel so selfish ranting on and on about my situation when you and others have endured such losses. I am truly sorry and embarrassed.

I thank you for reassuring me..I will be updating my threads as I know any news.. :hugs:

hun you have no reason at all to feel embarassed! a baby is a baby no matter how small and it is your baby you are potentially grieving over not meeting!! tbh we have to go on dont we. we are faced with these situations to make us stronger and better people i believe and to realise how precious life really is, i dont believe to the full extent that they happen for a reason for our babies because they we're sick or because they have been taken to a better place. dont know if that makes any sense?
please dont give up hope just yet, i know how hard it is to think positive but you have to, once you know you have or you haven't got a baby in there then start grieving ( i know that sounds harsh but its not meant to sound how it came across) if it came across as insensitive. but you have to stay strong. your health is your babies health.
always here hun xxx

:hugs:jmb, I do not take your words as harsh at all..Just honesty..which I do appreciate! Thank you! Yes, everything does happen for their reasons and sometime we never quite know what those reasons are!! I am so glad to have found BNB and its wonderful ladies or I would be lost..I am trying to be stress free but very hard..I have a lot to deal with aside from this potential grief..I have been grieving since June 1 when I had myfirst scan.....

BNB has been my life line, i think without this place well....... i dont know where i would be or what i would do, i dont know anyone in RL who has been throught the same situation as me and i know ours is different but there is always someone here, going through or gone through the same as us and will always be someone to talk to or get advice from, it's just "nice" to be able to talk without being looked down upon or judged. or just to have a "friend" here.
i really will be keeping my fingers crossed for you and hope to see a great outcome for you very soon x :hugs:

thanks jbm..I truly hope I do have some form of good news...I truly do...YES, WE AL HAVE EACHOTHER!! :hugs::thumbup:

Good morning! I just saw your update and your levels. How far along should you be by now (if you were say, 6+2 ish at your last scan)?

How was your weekend, were you able to distract yourself?

couldthisbe,

My one and only scan was May 25th (I go back in 2 days)..Not sure..last period was 4-13 but I did not ovulate until May 2nd (late in that cycle).
:cry::hugs:
My update: went to hospital Saturday! They wouldnt scan through the emergency room but they checked my cervix and it is closed. The did a HCG test and it went up to 35000 (it was 25800 last week Sunday)..So idk? Is this normal? My cervix is closed so thats good.. My scan is in 2 days.. : ( My OH left me..packed and moved..I am better off either way though it hurts!

If you look at the chart here your HCG falls within normal levels. https://www.fertilinet.com/hcg_ levels_in_ pregnancy.htm

I know it's not doubled but it doesn't when it gets higher, the rise slows down. Are you having more problems hun? Cramps or something that sent you to the A&E?

I think that you have hope until you know otherwise. I wouldn't give up on this baby-take care of yourself and look after it-you're going through a lot right now. Two more days and you'll have an answer either way!

its been tortureous! I am a mess..cannot stop sobbing my damn eyes out couldthisbe..when will this end?? :cry::hugs::shrug:

Wednesday you'll have an answer to one problem. Beyond that.... people say it takes at least half as long as you were with the person get over them. In my experience it's not far wrong. It'll hurt for a long time, but just remember how badly she treated you, and look forward to finding someone who will treat you right. Once Wednesday has been and gone, focus on the baby, and all the fun stuff that you have to look forward to. It'll give you something to take your mind off other stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->