BLW - Baby led weaning support thread

My OH's grandma tried to give Halen a mr kiplings french fancy :nope: oh and some formula :growlmad:

^^ Ditto!!! :huh:

DH put loads of choccie in Otter's stocking for Xmas - not sure why as he didn't actually intend for Otter to eat it. :shrug: I told him he just should have put it directly in his own stocking! :haha:

So what, if any, poo changes did you guys notice in early days? Other than the bits coming out? Did anyone have trouble with diarrhea or constipation? Or any other adjusting issues?

Otter is struggling with constipation right now, but I can't figure out why. I only half think it is solids. He had it last week, then I cleared him out and held off on any solids until he got regular again. So he only had breastmilk for a couple of days... but is immediately constipated again. :dohh: I'm sooooooo confused. :confused:

Because she has no trust or respect in my parenting views? Lol I don't know :shrug:

TL, I'd say the choc went in Otter's stocking so he wouldn't feel guilty for just buying it for himself, men!! :lol:

Aisling was a bit constipated to start but it's all pretty loose now which I think is down to teething? :shrug:

^^ Ditto!!! :huh:

DH put loads of choccie in Otter's stocking for Xmas - not sure why as he didn't actually intend for Otter to eat it. :shrug: I told him he just should have put it directly in his own stocking! :haha:

So what, if any, poo changes did you guys notice in early days? Other than the bits coming out? Did anyone have trouble with diarrhea or constipation? Or any other adjusting issues?

Otter is struggling with constipation right now, but I can't figure out why. I only half think it is solids. He had it last week, then I cleared him out and held off on any solids until he got regular again. So he only had breastmilk for a couple of days... but is immediately constipated again. :dohh: I'm sooooooo confused. :confused:

We haven't had constipation but we have had a looong stretch of watery poop (sorry TMI) and I didn't know whether it was teething or weaning (started weaning, switched to follow on and she started cutting a tooth all at the same time so was very confused!).

I think it was her teeth though as now they're both through about half way, she's started having "proper" poops and omg it smells like proper poop now too :sick: :sick: Bring back the newborn poo :rofl:

What did you do for her consptipation in the early days? I keep trying to give him pureed prunes, but we both HATE the purees. :hissy: I would rather do something else, but can't count on him actually eating anything that isn't pureed. :dohh:

How much water is getting hun?
If it's not very much you could always try offering more and that might help x

I don't give him any water as I don't want to fill him up on that instead of breastmilk. I thought breastmilk was hydrating enough. :shrug:

It is but you can offer him water with s meal, Halen has a doidy cup and I offer him water a couple of times in a meal

Yeah I would suggest water with a meal, or you could try prune juice instead of the puree? I buy tinned prunes for Freya, put the juice in a cup and then let her eat the prunes whole. Some gets in her anyway!

She gets a bit constipated, I just give her as much fruit as I can, the prunes and lots of water.

Thanks, Ladies. Will be trying the water and prune juice to see if that helps. :)

i bought the book! went to whsmith and got it. very interesting read so far and makes a lot of sense, cant wait to read more once the kids are in bed

i bought the book! went to whsmith and got it. very interesting read so far and makes a lot of sense, cant wait to read more once the kids are in bed

I got so much more excited once I'd started reading it lol

As for constipation, I found in Boots tonight that they do laxatives for babies :wacko:!

Halen hasn't eaten today :( he had one organix apple rice cake this afternoon, he didnt want his pasta tubes and tuna, he threw them on the floor for the cats, he didnt eat his dinner, he just cried in his highchair :( I need to get him a new one but with xmas I've not sorted it out, he's just been eating sat on the settee or in his bumbo if he will sit in it for long enough

I just got my BLW book from amazon am planning on doing it from 6months+ though my HV said if shes showing signs at 5 1/2 months then so be it. Am looking forward to it (i know its early buy i like to be prepared lol)

Whats the easiest way of explaining BLW to people who dont do it? Iv already had the "give her some rice to get her to sleep through" and when iv mentioned BLW i get this blank stare back

Yeah, we get the blank stare alot! I say it's skipping the puree and mashed stage altogether and it's us sitting down as a family eating the same food at the same time with LO feeding herself. And then the blank stare appears again! :lol:

Errm....

Get used to the blank stares. Seriously.

I have yet to figure out the "easy way" that makes the "understand." They just don't. No amount of explaining seems to make it click. The only way that it starts to make sense is after they SEE it in action and how well LO eats.

And get used to the baby rice thing. :roll: I still get it all the time. Especially as I have a big baby (5 months, 25 lbs) that still isn't sleeping through the night.

Basically, get used to saying "This is what I am doing, end of sentence." Or something close it. And shrugging off all those that think you are a nutter. :haha:

It is great though!

Re: baby laxatives -- I know!!! :shock: I saw those when I was looking for other things to help him. Didn't dare try it though. :nope: I don't want anything that harsh in him. I had to take laxatives after my section due to the pain meds -- no choice. Just that gave him a terrible belly ache for a day. I felt so bad! :cry:

Best way to explain BLW...? I think Lu pretty much summed what I say up :thumbup:

Either that, or get them to read the bible too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->