BLW - Baby led weaning support thread

:howdy: joeyjo + george:)

thats great Kirsten :) bless Freya and WTG theakston :) Faille...i would just let her keep going till she is full - unless she is eating a really silly amount i dont see there being a problem, so long as its healthy etc then i would follow her lead :thumbup:

well dinner was much nicer than lunch !!LOL (it wasnt a particularly hard act to follow tbh!!LOL) we had Pie chips and peas (daisy only got one chip!LOL) and she wolfed it all down i was soo soo impressed :) she was really funny with the peas tho he he she was properly chasing round the table and attempting to get them in a modified pincer grip!!! she has also started using two hands to guide things that she cant manage with one - she didnt pick up a piece of pie properly so used her other hand to steady it and shoved it in her mouth!!!LOL

when she finished that all off she wasnt really showing any finished signs so we gave her some raspberrys as a dessert and she loved them !:) (they were really tasty - not sour at all) shoved a few of those in her mouth (and swallowed)and then started yelling at rob to go get her more :rofl: it was quite funny bless her i was so so so pleased with her, things really seem to be clicking into place now :thumbup::cloud9:

ok....bragging over :blush:

sara

xxxxxxx

Thanks Failie - It seems to be more whatever we have that he wants!! He has things to chew that crinkle, soft, rough, ridged, cold etc etc

we've resigned ourselves to "picnic" lunches and late dinners - I'm not too worried about offering things like veggies early as I suspect he'll just play. To be honest a plate of veggies and humous suits me anyway.

He started to really object a couple of weeks ago if we left him on the floor or inhis bouncer at meal times so he has to be at the table and once he's there all he wants to do the last few days is grab our stuff and at the mo everything he grabs goes in his mouth!

Lol Sara, if we have chips, V only ever gets one (or two if they're small) :lol:
So glad to hear that Daisy is doing so well! Violet hated raspberries when I tried them, her face was a picture :lol:

We had that issue too joeyjo, she'd scream blue murder if we left her to play whilst we ate. We had to have her sitting up next to us just to quiten her down a little!

If you offer veg, just remember not to give too many which are gassy to start with! Lol.. Sounds simple enough but it's things like that, that I always forget :haha:

yeh..Naughty things like that she only gets one !LOL i dont wanna not give her them cos i know if i do that she will only want more ....:dohh: the Raspberry's were quite sweet.. i was waiting for the :sick: face but she loved them :D - i love bitter things too tho so she could have that liking too maybe ???:shrug:

back to the chocolate thing, Daisy's uncle (OH's side) got her a stocking and put some small teether toys etc in it and 4 bags of choc Buttons :dohh: she's not even 7 MO ffs!!! when he left OH said to his mum don'tn tell P that we'll have to eat the Buttons - she gave the blankest look ever... he explained we werent giving choc till 2 AT LEAST ... she repeated what he said... he said yes ....... her face was an absolute picture!!!!!! i was so waiting for a lecture etc but she just got up and walked away...whoops !!! :dohh: i also got the whole you had choc when you were little speech from my nana the other day ....i was fuming..... just cos i had it doesnt mean i HAVE to give it to Daisy and it obviously has done me harm as i eat WAAAAAAY too much of it !!! :grr:

ok rant done:)

Halen had a couple segments of orange tonight at about 8pm and he's just woke up and projectile vomited everywhere??? Could the orange of curdled wirth milk in his stomach? Its the only thing he's actually eaten today (I think anyway) everything else he just played with. I'm also thinking now that I may have read somewhere to hold out on citrus fruits? Argh what have I done!

I would wait to do citrus again for at least a few weeks. I don't think you have done anything wrong, hon. This is trial and error for each baby -- what one handles fine, another might have trouble with at first.

Hope Halen feels better soon! :hugs:

I didn't think they were allowed citrus under a year. Is that not the case?
Sapphire had roasted vegetables with oregano and thyme yesterday and loved it :)
She also loves pear and managed a quarter yesterday by chewing the flesh off the skin!
I'm so glad we decided on BLW. She's really enjoying herself. It's just a pain when I have to keep explaining myself to everyone. I'm so sick of 'Oh, aren't those pieces too big for her?' and 'Shouldn't you mash that up?' Gggrrrrrr

I thought citrus was one of those things to be careful with, we waited 'til 7 months, but Freya has orange now and LOVES it, infact she loves all things that have a bit of a sharp taste, orange, tomatoes, raspberries, onion, strange baby. My mum is always telling me she needs bland foods and that these things will hurt her little stomach, well they haven't done yet, lol.

OK cool. Thanks for that. A piece of late Xmas satsuma for Saf today then :)

Oh, also, Freya got loads of chocolate for Christmas too!! Some of those Lindt Santas, some buttons and some little foil wrapped things. Needless to say Jake and I had eaten them within about 5 mins!! :rofl: I don't think I am going to tell anyone she isn't having chocolate til she is 2 then I can keep eating it all for her :rofl:

hi all :hi: im planning on trying blw with my twins. they will be 6 months old in a cpl weeks ans i was just wondering how do i start. theyve had a little taste of things like the juice from pears and the taste of chicken on my finger but how do i introduce food to them properly, shall i give them baby porridge in the morning to start off with? im lost lol

We started on citrus fruit at about 6 months too and it was fine, I just don't do it too often because I can't stand it with any of the white stuff on so I spend ages peeling it all off for her and it's way too much work!

:hi: Hi Fsmummy, welcome!!! I'd probably just start off with finger foods like roasted veg etc. Just sit them down with you when you have a meal and offer them something. Alot of us do porridge in the mornings with LO having control of the spoon but you can also offer fruit etc for breakfast instead. Have you got the book by Gill Rapley? If not, I'd really recommend it as a starting place.

Way TMI coming up I'm afraid. We had cottage pie the other night and I used those frozen baby carrots in it. In her nappy yesterday there was an entire baby carrot which she obviously hadn't even attempted to chew, she just swallowed it whole! :shock: I guess it didn't do her any harm but she's one greedy baby, can't even be bothered to chew now! :lol:

Lu that made me laugh! Bless her that must of been a bit of a hard one to push out :rofl:

We started on citrus fruit at about 6 months too and it was fine, I just don't do it too often because I can't stand it with any of the white stuff on so I spend ages peeling it all off for her and it's way too much work!

:hi: Hi Fsmummy, welcome!!! I'd probably just start off with finger foods like roasted veg etc. Just sit them down with you when you have a meal and offer them something. Alot of us do porridge in the mornings with LO having control of the spoon but you can also offer fruit etc for breakfast instead. Have you got the book by Gill Rapley? If not, I'd really recommend it as a starting place.

Way TMI coming up I'm afraid. We had cottage pie the other night and I used those frozen baby carrots in it. In her nappy yesterday there was an entire baby carrot which she obviously hadn't even attempted to chew, she just swallowed it whole! :shock: I guess it didn't do her any harm but she's one greedy baby, can't even be bothered to chew now! :lol:

thank you for replying! i ccant wait to see what they are like with porridge. aimee is the little piggy so i think shes going to love it. ive read a few times on here that ppl recommend the gr book so i might have to invest in it seeing as ive got a cpl weeks yet to read it (plus ive just finished reading my current book so will fill the book void :thumbup: lol) is it easiest to get it online or do u think waterstones or somewhere like that would have it?

I haven't seen it in the high street, I think most of us got it from Amazon

:hi: FsMummy

As Lu said, Gill Rapley book is definately a great place to start.

If you don't already, you could start now by just sitting your LO's up at the table with you whilst you eat and start getting them 'involved' with meal times, just not actually offering food first.

TBH, I wouldn't say start off with porridge as they can't really do that themselves - it requires you to load the spoon for them and if their hand - eye coordination isn't very good, it's going to be extremely messy!

Definately start at a time of day where they are most relaxed. We started with dinner as both OH and I were there and she's always happy at the same time every evening so seemed like the best time for us. We started with bits of fruit and veg - I always have a side fruit salad or some veg with my dinner so she literally had a bit of mine.

Lu, I'm the same with citrus fruit, I hate the white stuff so spend god knows how long peeling that off :lol:
I haven't actually tried Violet with any yet, I'm not a huge fan of citrus fruit though tbh.
And ouch! Her poop must have hurt, the little piggy :rofl:

Violet done so well with lunch today.. She had beans on toast, which she hasn't had for ages. She ate a whole slice of toast and managed to pick up and eat a lot of the beans too :thumbup:

He's still being sick, not like last night, it was watery n projectile, today it'd thick n dribbles :shrug: he's had satsumas twice before, the first by accident (he stole some from OH lol) then as he liked them I didn't see much point in not offering them as he didn't have a reaction from it. Ahh I dunno lol won't be givinv him morr though

Oh, also, Freya got loads of chocolate for Christmas too!! Some of those Lindt Santas, some buttons and some little foil wrapped things. Needless to say Jake and I had eaten them within about 5 mins!! :rofl: I don't think I am going to tell anyone she isn't having chocolate til she is 2 then I can keep eating it all for her :rofl:

Halen had loads! 2 milky bar selection boxes, lindt santa and reindeer, a chocolate snowman the size of barbie, chocolate button selection box. It tasted lovely :rofl:

I'm so jealous. not one person got Violet chocolate so no extra for me & OH :lol:
I thought everyone would be eating loads around her but they didn't. I was fully expecting her to end up having a taste over xmas but she didn't, was no need to :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->