BLW - Baby led weaning support thread

Have you ladies seen these?
https://www.tesco.com/superstore/xpi/9/xpi59490739.htm
They're like mini bananas! Found them today and Oliver loves them!!

ETA: Just realised it's a bit difficult to see the size of them - probably the length of your index finger!!

I was watching her eat scrambled eggs and thinking she needed to be more delicate with it. She shoves it in but doesnt know what to do with the bits she doesnt get in first time. :dohh:

How big are the toast strips you give your little ones? Do you just cut it into long strips. or do you cut it in half again? Thomas seems to suck the toast then a big bit will come off into his mouth. is that ok? He hasn't actually eaten any yet though..

How big are the toast strips you give your little ones? Do you just cut it into long strips. or do you cut it in half again? Thomas seems to suck the toast then a big bit will come off into his mouth. is that ok? He hasn't actually eaten any yet though..

I buy the tiny loafs of bread for her. She gets a slice cut into triangles in half.

I just cut it into 4 slices. Or quarters. Or triangles! It doesn't really matter as long as he can hold it! Oliver tears chunks off, then chews or sucks it. It takes them a while, but they get there in the end!

I think it's going to be scrambled egg for lunch Kat....:lol:

She did loads better today. I think she's just a bit heavy handed....that's from her dad.....:lol:

This weather is great coz we can sit outside and the birds/dogs clean up for us!!

She had strawberries, grapes and pineapple after her eggs and she's fine with them. I think the eggs being so soft is the thing. We'll get there! :)

Rebecca loves scrambled eggs or a cheesy omlette but my god the mess was unreal :rofl:

Rebecca is due to go into hospital on Friday to get her stoma reversed :happydance: and we should be in there for about 5-7 days and need ideas for food to take in. :help:

We have access to a fridge, microwave , toaster and a kettle!!!!! Hubbie will be going home each night so will be able to bring things in each morning.

Hospital food is kinda crappy and isnt really suitable for BLW.

Dont want her living off toast and dried fruit

Lots of fresh fruit. You can do scrambled in the microwave. Pre steam some veg battons and you can warm them in the microwave. Breadsticks. Pitta bread with hummous.

Lots of fresh fruit. You can do scrambled in the microwave. Pre steam some veg battons and you can warm them in the microwave. Breadsticks. Pitta bread with hummous.

I am such a pleb :dohh: I never even thought of pre steaming veg battons, thats what I do at home!!!!

erm...... how do you make scrambled eggs inthe microwave? I always make them on the hob :blush:

Get your eggs in a bowl and whisk well. Add a drop of milk and grated cheese if you like - thats just my way....:blush:

It depends how powerful it is as to how quick they cook. I did them at my mums today and I started putting it on for 30 secs. Take out and stir. Keep doing that and it will start to form around the edges. Each time remove and stir/chop up the egg as it forms. It kind of puffs up. You can do it 10 secs at a time as it gets towards done. Just repeat till the eggs are done! :D

Edit - mine does it in about 1 min 30 and my mums which is not as powereful did it in about 2 mins ;)

Great thanks honey :hugs: This warm weather seems to put her off eating though - apart from the strawberries! :lol: Do you find that with Rebecca too? Good luck for the next hospital stay honey - we'll be thinking of you xxx

Yup, Rebecca only wants to eat melon just now, which is good for mummy as I have a very bad habit of snacking on her dinner too:dohh:

Thanks, starting to get worried, its the last big hurdle we have to get over and it just doesnt seem real IYKWIM? We have been waiting on this to happen since she was 2 days old. Only problem is that her wee bum has never had poo on it so we have been warned that the nappy rash can be similar to 3rd degree burns :cry:Hospital is giving us some special paste ( in the hope it helps!) Hopefully it should only last for a couple of weeks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->