BLW - Baby led weaning support thread

I could have done a few 'She's redecorating the kitchen AGAIN' threads.....:dohh:

I'll join you in those Lisa. Only mine will be 'decorating the dining room carpet AGAIN'!!!!

:rofl: not sure why I'm looking forward to my while walls being covered in food!!! x

Dont you just love the fact that everyone that follows BLW is so excited about weaning and their los love everything they try. Theres no threads of 'hes stopped eating' 'he wont eat this or that'. Its great! Im excited too Laurie, Meadows 11 days younger than Deri so we should be starting at the same time.

I totally agree (Sam isn't it?)! Babies who are BLW'd don't seem to have the issues that the babies who are given purees do.

And yes, all the mums who are either currently BLW'ing or about to start are so excited about it and enjoy meal times (why would you want to have a fight at the dinner table everyday?). Don't get me wrong, I bet there is plenty of food thrown around BUT a happy baby!! :baby:

How is Meadow getting on? Have you got a highchair yet?

Lisa and Kat - is it that bad with food getting everywhere????? Ha ha - I can just imagine...no need to comment! Deri made a right old mess with the broccoli the other night :dohh:

x

Dont you just love the fact that everyone that follows BLW is so excited about weaning and their los love everything they try. Theres no threads of 'hes stopped eating' 'he wont eat this or that'. Its great! Im excited too Laurie, Meadows 11 days younger than Deri so we should be starting at the same time.

I totally agree (Sam isn't it?)! Babies who are BLW'd don't seem to have the issues that the babies who are given purees do.

And yes, all the mums who are either currently BLW'ing or about to start are so excited about it and enjoy meal times (why would you want to have a fight at the dinner table everyday?). Don't get me wrong, I bet there is plenty of food thrown around BUT a happy baby!! :baby:

Lisa and Kat - is it that bad with food getting everywhere????? Ha ha - I can just imagine...no need to comment! Deri made a right old mess with the broccoli the other night :dohh:

x

It's not tooooo bad. As long as you're prepared! Oliver gets stripped off and we put a ma down to protect the carpet. I bought a shower curtain from the pound shop, which I cut in half. So no. Not that bad really.:argh:

x

It's not tooooo bad. As long as you're prepared! Oliver gets stripped off and we put a ma down to protect the carpet. I bought a shower curtain from the pound shop, which I cut in half. So no. Not that bad really.:argh:

I was reading about putting a mat down (or using a shower curtain!) but we have tiled floor so easy to clean thank god but obviously if Deri threw ALL his food on the floor I wouldn't be able to give it back to him so think I will do this too.

I also plan to strip Deri off (as long as it's warm enough to do so)....

I gave Deri just cucumber tonight in his highchair (as all he seems to do is look at the food, attempt to pick it up and drop it) and it just kept slipping from his fingers....any tips on this?

x

We also use a cheap shower curtain - much quicker to clean than mopping the kitchen floor all the time. We also have trouble with slippery food-saw a suggestion about rolling slipper stuff in crumbs to give it some grip.

We also use a cheap shower curtain - much quicker to clean than mopping the kitchen floor all the time. We also have trouble with slippery food-saw a suggestion about rolling slipper stuff in crumbs to give it some grip.

Oooo - I remember reading that too...thanks hun! What type of crumbs would you use?

x

I know I'm not weaning yet buuuuuut could it just be that picking it up that much is all he needs to do at the moment? Isn't blw really recommended from around 6 months? Hope you don't mind me posting that - I'm reading all about blw at the moment and that's what it seems to be suggesting x

Hebe picked up and put stuff to her mouth quickly but didnt 'eat' for a while.

This time of year is great for BLW - we had scrambled eggs in the garden this week and the dogs and the birds clean up! :D

I know I'm not weaning yet buuuuuut could it just be that picking it up that much is all he needs to do at the moment? Isn't blw really recommended from around 6 months? Hope you don't mind me posting that - I'm reading all about blw at the moment and that's what it seems to be suggesting x

You're right hun and I agree but Deri is nowhere near eating anything yet! He just attempts to 'pick' food up. I just wanted to start inlcuding him at mealtimes and to let him explore/play with the food. He is not co-ordinated enough to actually feed himself yet but he is happy sitting at the table with us and he's not bored if he's got food to play with too :baby:

I was only asking about the crumbs so I knew what to use ready for when Deri is 6 months x

Hebe picked up and put stuff to her mouth quickly but didnt 'eat' for a while.

This time of year is great for BLW - we had scrambled eggs in the garden this week and the dogs and the birds clean up! :D

It's lovely for sitting outsde with the lovely weather, isn't it! Good idea having scrambled egg in the garden too!

x

This morning Niamh has mashed avocado on toast, yogurt and watermelon for her breakfast :)

When did you guys start giving scrambled eggs?

Around 5 months its good to include them in mealtimes, and let them explore with food so a lot of it is touching, mashing, throwing...basically making a mess :lol:

It's a messy one!! :lol: Just put a few pieces on to start with and add more so the lot doesnt end up on the floor!

I fancy scrambled egg now! Yummy - might have it for lunch on toast!

Just a quick question as I haven't finished the 'bible' yet....is it best to give babies white or wholemeal bread?

x

Thanks Lauriech:D That makes total sense and answers my question - I was wondering why he needed to actually get them to his mouth when he's not five months yet and if I should be doing something now! Is Deri able to sit up unaided? My plan is to wait til Elliot can sit up on his own so he can sit in his high chair and then I was just going to give him his cup maybe with a tiny amount of EBM in so at least he'd get a little reward if he managed to use it properly!!!

I thought I'd leave actual food until he's six months as he's putting everything he holds in his mouth at the moment and I wouldn't want him swallowing anything before his digestive system is ready for it. I'm only going on what I've read though and it seems to be suggesting that at six months babies then start playing with the food and probably won't eat anything for a bit?

He does watch us eat now... Just want to check I'm not missing anything!!! I'm reading the Gill Rapley book - is that the 'bible'?!

Thank you x

:hug:

eta. sorry rafwife - only read your post after I'd written this, wasn't completely ignoring your post, still not sure as above though! x

I fancy scrambled egg now! Yummy - might have it for lunch on toast!

Just a quick question as I haven't finished the 'bible' yet....is it best to give babies white or wholemeal bread?

x

I've only ever given wholemeal and I don't eat white myself due to the sugar content. Just watch it's plain, not nuts.

I actually give Niamh oatbran wholemeal superfoods bread. Can get it from Tescos.

x

Havent bought a highchair yet because we dont have the space at the min. I was going to use the bumbo at first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->