BLW - Baby led weaning support thread

Load the spoon Helen, hold it out to him so he grabs it, then guide it in. The squeezing stuff in their fists doesnt last long but Heebs definitely went through that and I was wondering if she was getting enough. TBH that's why I dont get her weighed at the moment. I'm going off how she seems to me. :) I still help her eat anything that needs a spoon but I let her get on with the rest. :)

Aren't our little men getting heavy Helen?! I haven't had Elliot weighed for about a month but he's definitely heavier!!!

We're giving blw'ing a rest for a few days as Elliot is ill and I don't want him having to use energy trying to digest food which isn't really going to give him much benefit. He's six months on Sunday so I'm hoping we can have a special half birthday tea with loads of food he can throw around :D

xxx

so i ditch my spoon then and guide his more, sounds like a good plan, i dont want to get into a habit of feeding him and then him get lazy and expect it, i'm presuming eating gets easier for them when they get teeth and food is easier to chew.

he's just devoured a piece of toast and i nipped upstairs to get his clothes and he's fast asleep head on te tray so he's not hungry is he lol.

party food sound good to me, rhys loved us on sunday giving him lots of new stuff to try lol, he was in his element, he even tried chocolate fountain on strawberries lol, not alot obviously

so i ditch my spoon then and guide his more, sounds like a good plan, i dont want to get into a habit of feeding him and then him get lazy and expect it, i'm presuming eating gets easier for them when they get teeth and food is easier to chew.

he's just devoured a piece of toast and i nipped upstairs to get his clothes and he's fast asleep head on te tray so he's not hungry is he lol.

party food sound good to me, rhys loved us on sunday giving him lots of new stuff to try lol, he was in his element, he even tried chocolate fountain on strawberries lol, not alot obviously

Bless him, I wish Meadow fell asleep that easily!

Aww Helen bless him! Yeah him being more active will have an effect too and he might be waking a bit if his teeth are getting ready to start. :)

so i've started giving him the spoon and he decorated his face lovely lol

https://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq307/rosiehelen32/th_025-1.jpg

x

:rofl: Hebe just tried climbing up the laptop and started squealing at Rhys....I think she remembers him! :lol:

x

He's doing really well Helen! Blody good start Id say!:thumbup:

:rofl: Helen!! He knows what to do with that spoon doesn't he! Looks like great fun :D

What sort of yogert is best? Would natural yogert with fresh fruit / fresh fruit puree be best for now? I don't want to start giving stuff with refined sugar in for a bit which I would imagine yogerts have in them.

Elliot's legal tomorrow!!! He's had a few days off after having some dodgy looking nappies but we're back blw'ing now. For tea he had carrots, banana, cucumber, celery, bread and potato. He liked crunching on the celery best :D

x

rhys likes any yoghurt,but a mainly buy natural yoghurt, the supermarket home brands have less sugar in them than the petit filous ones etc.

it was great tonight we went to a wedding and rhys sat in his bumbo with a ham sandwich and chunks of tomatoes he's a whizz at eating them now he bites down and pulls the flesh off with his gums. he mesmorised everyone sitting around us.

he kills me when he picks something up he'll slowly inspect it brushing it against his lips before he start munching it hehe.

yay elliot for being legal lol
x

I think plain yoghurt is ok elm. Hope the nappies don't go dodgy again!

I think the nappies have been through teething - especially as his first tooth has cut through today!!!

He's been gagging on fruit today - doesn't bother him at all and I'm being really good!!! Gave him a little bit of water that he poured over the high chair tray :D

xxx

Sorry, thanks for the yogert tip Helen :friends: I'll get some tomorrow x

What does everyone do at dinner tea? Do you all eat with your babies? I really want to do this but I dont usually eat till 8pm. I dont think I could have dinner at 5/6pm

Sorry, thanks for the yogert tip Helen :friends: I'll get some tomorrow x

i think its sun valley natural plain yoghurt about 29p each rhys dips his strawberries in it.

i bought a sucky thing for the bowl ad put his melon and strawberries in it, rhys still managed to end up with it on his head. he;s just wasting so much food atm, he just loves throwing it around, i have a thing about wasted food.

rhys gaggs aswell Elm he has his days where he does it more than otheers, i try to stick to melty foods, i still worry that he's getting bored and tired of eating food before he's actually filled up, but he refuses his milk more often than not after so he must be ating something.

Niamh gets Yeo Valley organic, natural yogurt :) I found it to have virtually no sugars compared to other brands!

Hebe has her tea at 4-5 ish which is roughly the same as us so we eat together when we can :)

If I ate tea at 4/5pm I would have to have another meal by 9pm!

I think because we are all home from school/work by 4.30 and me and OH usually dont get lunch we are ready to eat the dogs when we get to 5pm! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->