BLW - Baby led weaning support thread

Niamh gets Yeo Valley organic, natural yogurt :) I found it to have virtually no sugars compared to other brands!

ye thats what i use, sun valley lol where did i get that from lol, its got a green label

we try and eat together but i because i havent got a dining room table rhys eats in the kitchen before us we eat breakfast and lunch together and i eat my tea in the kitchen when i can, but there's no way i'm bringing the food thower boy into my nice clean lounge lol, we only decorated 4 months ago haha

Fajitas for tea tonight! Hebe had a bit of a chilli sweat on....she swigged loads of water after!! :lol:

https://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i119/moogsmum/04082009071.jpg

https://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i119/moogsmum/04082009070.jpg

https://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i119/moogsmum/Picture002.jpg

https://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i119/moogsmum/Picture003.jpg

NOTE: Glass dining tables and BLW are not a great mix.......

mmmm fajita's i love mexicany foods, do you leave the spice out or just do it how you have, i have to leave the spice out for rosie but i dont want to get rhys into the habit of eating different.

does everyone feed lo's satsuma's rhys absolutely loves satsuma's he only has about 4 pieces but someone told me they cant have them because of the acid, but he drinks water with every meal but only a few mouth fulls

she had them the same as us but I put extra creme fraiche and no hot salsa. We get the smoky seasoning so they aren't mega spicey but they have a nice bite.

what spice s that then, i get through a bottle of cajun spice a week haha. i keep saying we should try another, having enchilada's for tea and i have to leave it out for rosie the fussy madam.
teacher asked rosie what her favourite food was the other week, she said CRESS :shock:. i refuse to have another fussy child. she doesnt like mushrooms this week, last week it was bread :grr: i ignore her :rofl:

:rofl: @ Rosie and her cress!!!

We get that old el paso smokey bbq sachet stuff coz Keef's a chilli poofter....:dohh:

haha chilli poofter,

i have got to tie my hands behind my back i cant help my self and i keep spoon feeding rhys lol, esp his porridge in the morning and we had curry the nite before last and curry last nite so he had one of those oranix fruity chicken pots and i practically spooned that in.

well. 6 poop nappys later i have learnt my lesson :rofl: he does have a spoon in his hand too but i he's rubbish with his aim, and i dont want to see him go hungry and after an hour sat there he gets tired and fedup.

has anyone else come across boredness in the highchair, maybe i should try smaller snacks in the day rather than 3 meals, he did sit and eat a peach around 3ish yesterday,

what do you think

Chilli poofter lol

Meadow is 5 months and 2 weeks now. Need to think about starting soon! Im so nervous about it!

We offer 3 main meals but lots of snacks as well. Breakfast always starts with cheerios then he has some fruit then a bagel or some toast. I don't put it all on a once cos he loves bagels and will just eat them. The cheerios also distract him long enough for me to get the rest of breakfast organised - mini shredded wheat (soaked in milk) are also good - they also help loads with the eye hand coordination which might help his spoon aim. I give my LO a loaded spoon and he just scrapes all the food off with his finger and chews on the spoon - great for teething but it doesn't really get breakfast down him! Mealtimes don't usually last much more than 30-45mins for us unless he's clearly enjoying himself, any longer than that and he gets a bit fed up. If I offer him something he struggles with then I keep offering it for the next 3 days until he gets the hang of it. Bananas took ages to master without smooshing! How about making some breakfast pancakes - then you won't be tempted to spoon it in!

We used BLW with both our girls and will with this baby too. It's great to see so many people interested in it :thumbup:

Hey everyone, another BLW wannabe here, i have just spent the last 3 days reading this thread and you have all made me so excited to start!

Jacob is only 4 and half months old though so were not quite ready yet, but i see there are some other ladies gearing up for BLW here too already which is great. :)

Jacob hasnt shown any signs of interest in our food yet though he does pay alot of attention to our coffee cups - particularly the one with Elvis on it!! I gave him a green bean to test him out but he couldnt care less! so for now we are just going to eat with him on our laps and keep a look out for those grabbing hands!

Funny I have been a member of BnB througout my pregnancy but i actually stumbled across BLW through googling about weaning a few weeks ago, having no idea that BLW was even an option, i just loved the logic and knew straight away that this was the way forward for us, so i ordered the bible started reading and then found this forum! im chuffed to bits that there is support here!

im looking so forward to travelling this awesome journey with you mums!

:yipee: Hello Twinkles!!! If you haven't got a high chair yet I highly recommend the cheap ones at Ikea (less than £15 for the chair & tray) - I stuck mine in the garden last night and poured a load of hot water over it to clean it :D

TMI!!! -
Elliot is doing so well with food! He had his first 'solid' poo yesterday!! And there was no identifiable food so I'm thinking that's good?!

I got some natural greek style yogert which just seems to be yogert and nothing else. Elliot likes it. I got a big tub so I'm not wasting too much if he's not into the idea of eating but that hasn't been the case yet. I'll get some Yeo Valley ones next time to give him some variety :D

I've not heard anything about satsumas Helen. Elliot had one yesterday. I think he's better with orange though (cut into segments with the skin on).

Doing pitta bread pizzas tonight x

Hi all, Kaitlynn has been doing really well with BLW and has been trying everything I give her until today! :nope: Today she just wasn't interested and even pulled a face of disgust when she put the banana by her mouth and had a little taste and usually she loves banana!!!

Had a similar thing happen with Elliot tonight Julie - I'd made lovely little pizzas with pitta bread and tomato puree etc, roasted some sweet potatoe and cooked brocolli and he pushed them about a bit and went all fussy. He did have a taste of a few things when he was sitting on my knee but ate nowhere near as much as yesterday.

I've realised that tea ended up being a bit later than it has been so he was tired and he hadn't had any calpol all day and his teething really seems to be bothering him.

I enjoyed tea anyway!!!

x

I think it's quite normal for them to have "off" days, where they aren't all that interested. It's nothing to worry about, they may have teeth bothering them or just not feel the need for anything but milk. Turning down something they have eaten previously doesn't mean they don't like it any more, just that they don't need anything from that food today. Just remember to trust them.

Do their off days always happen when you've spent ages cooking something :lol: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->