BLW - Baby led weaning support thread

dex still wont eat, spoke to my mum today and apparently I wasnt interested in food and my oh was the same. booo

Ruby won't really eat either, don't worry. Some days she eats a tiny bit, but mostly she's not interested :nope:

Olivia is the same, some days she will eat lots but most days she has a few bites then just isnt interested xx

I can't believe how quickly Sofia's skills have developed! Yesterday she was eating pasta and I suddenly realised she couldn't even pick the pieces up last week. She can pick up really small pieces now, haven't tried with peas yet though. She's chewing, at first I couldn't figure out what she was doing as she was sat there with a funny look on her face and making a lot of noise and I thought she'd finished and wanted to get out... then she opened her mouth to put more in. She doesn't always chew with her mouth closed though and needs to hold bits in.

She's learnt how to hold the skin and suck the flesh off some things, like baked sweet potato.

She loves green beans, she sucks the little beans out and then chews on the pod, hee hee. Today we had beef and roast potatos, beans and mushrooms.

It's funny how certain foods will never be dropped on the floor, like beef, broccoli and cheese. Little monkey!

Oh, and today she stood up in her highchair. Eeeeek!

Sara - I was cutting fruit and veg in sticks but she found them slippery and got frustrated. So I cut apple in rings, which she finds much easier. With cooked carrots I cut a zig zag along half the stick to make them more grippable. I cut small pears in half, scoop out the pips so there's a thumb grip and take a bite out the side to make it easier for her.

Her first "tastes" were mashed potato, then butternut squash soup and then aubergine puree that she filched from my plate! First things she really liked and got into was broccoli and roasted pepper strips.

Oh, and we still have some days she doesn't eat much! Normally she'll eat the most a lunch each day. Sometimes she'll eat breakfast too but refuse tea, so normally at tea time I'll just give her fruit, veg and cheese sticks. Today she had some gnocci too which went down well.

Sorry for my huge long post.

It's good to hear Sofia is doing so well, can't believe she stood up in her highchair though!

It's good to hear Sofia is doing so well, can't believe she stood up in her highchair though!

I know! She has a stokke one and it's got a solid foot rest that she can push up on. I didn't realise they were meant to come with a harness (there wasn't one in the shop) until I was looking at them online. We got one the other day but it doesn't really keep her in so looks like we have to get the EUR30 Stokke one. Grr.

Glad to hear everyone's doing so well! (even if it isn't every day lol)

I've kinda given up making Violet pick up things like mince and rice etc with her fingers and just load a spoon for her, which she seems to prefer and eats lots more that way! (but it's still on her tray if she decides she wants to use her fingers)

I've also stopped leaving the skin on bananas as she'd always pick them up the wrong way and try eating the pointed end of the banana. So now I take off the skin and if she struggles picking it up, I pick it up for her and she'll take it off me and then eat the pointed end. She seems to like that end :lol:

She hasn't been as interested in her food the last few days either, shes also been leaving 1-2ozs of her milk so I think she might be teething again poor mite

Henny, we have just put our footrest really low down as I was worried about Freya doing that! We don't have a harness either :blush: I need to get one.

Henny, we have just put our footrest really low down as I was worried about Freya doing that! We don't have a harness either :blush: I need to get one.

Doh! Didn't think of that... Now I just need to figure out how to get the bloody thing out!

:

She hasn't been as interested in her food the last few days either, shes also been leaving 1-2ozs of her milk so I think she might be teething again poor mite

I guess that might be why Ruby's interest is so variable..she is teething. Her first tooth has cut through but only a little bit of it.

Faille I've stopped leaving skin on bananas too, she always made such a face when she put it in her mouth the wrong way. She has no problem picking it up now and loves banana, whereas she used to just throw it on the floor.

Has anyone tried the egg free French toast recipe from the babyworld site? It's absolutely divine! I had to make a second batch for Mummy :blush:

Ooh, I'll have to give that a go! Tried normal french toast which she hated but might give it a go again.

We have the dan baby chair which doesn't have a harness with it. I wasn't going to bother to be honest because it has a wooden bar going across it...

Which book is the BLW weaning "Bible" you all refer to?? I'm thinking of trying it. :)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Baby-led-Weaning-Helping-Your-Baby/dp/0091923808

:)

Yeah, the Stokke has a bar too, Sofia is just a little pickle! She loves arching her back, that's why I couldn't put her in the bumbo for long as she would push herself up with her feet and out the back of the bumbo!

The no egg french toast is basically bits of bread dipped in a banana smoothie and then fried, wonderful!

I am going to try that bread idea! I have found a whole load of wheat/gluten free bread which is great as I though with not giving wheat for a bit longer we would miss out on all those nice toasty meals! :D

I don't eat eggs either so maybe I will make some banana toast for me too! Yum.

I am going to try that bread idea! I have found a whole load of wheat/gluten free bread which is great as I though with not giving wheat for a bit longer we would miss out on all those nice toasty meals! :D

where did you find the load of wheat/gluten free bread? do you know if it is milk free too?

you know what dex is teething too still. He has two teeth now and they came through a month ago so the next ones are due. It is probably why he wont eat as well that and the illness'. He had stopped putting his hands in his mouth and then a few days ago it started again. He is very irritable too. Everytime he puts something in his mouth he just does his yuck face. haha.

where did you find the load of wheat/gluten free bread? do you know if it is milk free too?

Yeah it is milk free, we're not doing dairy either.

Get one loaf from Tesco and one from Holland and Barrett - they are both the same brand - DS (Dietary Specials) one is brown and one is white. I will only be getting the brown one in future I think, it's the one from Holland and Barrett. It has a tiny bit of sugar and salt in, but she only eats about 1 finger of a slice anyway, so I figure there's not much in that bit. Lol.

We accidentally picked up a DS lasagne before but it was actually quite nice! (but now we just make our own lol)

We picked up our 6month bounty pack a couple of weeks ago and I've been sat there thinking it'd be such a waste not to use the jars of food from it... So this morning I tried Violet with rice krispies mixed with the apple and pear jar. It went down a treat :thumbup:
I was a bit hesistant at first but figured it's not that different to yogurt, which she usually has with the rice krispies anyway.. And she still held and controlled the spoon herself.

I hope all these nasty teeth stop giving our LOs trouble soon! Violets been teething since about 3 months but still not any have cut! She's been very clingy this morning which is so unlike her, hope she's not getting my cold :sad1:

On a seperate note, is anyone else really excited about xmas dinner?? Dunno why but I'm really looking forward to it. Probably because she'll be that much older and (hopefully) eating that much better/more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->