BLW - Baby led weaning support thread

I dont like Olivia's high chair, it seems to be too high for her to reach the food. I really want a tripp trapp chair but dont have the funds for one yet. Might try Olivia eating in my lap tom but I just worry about the mess! x

Yeah, that's our problem exactly. Plus there's a big kind of 'lip' surrounding the tray that makes it impossible for Ruby to get at the food easily. Plus all the patterned cushiony bit is distracting Ruby, she pays it more attention than the food. I think we'll sell it and buy a basic wooden one, espec now she's confident sitting unaided for long periods. I sooo want a tripp trapp too, but we don't have the funds either :(

Have you had a look on ebay? There are loads of tripp trapps on there. Ours was my sisters when she was a baby (10 years ago) so thankfully we didn't have to buy it. Hope you both find something that works for you. :)

Have you tried putting them in the highchairs with just toys and not food to try and get them used to it or do they just not like it point blank?

You could always pad the seat so that they can reach the tray better.. Violet can't reach the tray unless we pad the seat - it's right underneath her armpits! (and she's a long baby lol)

She also didn't take much interest in the food on her tray until we padded the sides of the chair as well as she'd keep 'losing' her hands down the side of it and slumping to one side (don't get me wrong, she can sit and support herself but I think she was concentrating too much on trying to support herself that she couldn't concentrate on the food).

I hope that might help and saves you having to muck about and fork out trying to find the 'perferct chair' when in fact it might just be a case of they're still a little too small for the one you've got x

Ruby is ok in her highchair for about 5-10 minutes, playing with toys. Well, banging them very hard on the tray anyway!
But she always 'loses' her hands under the tray too. I've put a towel under her which made it a bit better but it's still no good really. Plus I bought one with a stupid 'busy' pattern on the cushiony bit which distracts her. Think we might just sit her on our laps for now, you;re right, a quest to find the 'perfect chair' could be a bit expensive and pointless!

Laps are definitely underrated, you can't go wrong really!

Another suggestion, we bought a phil and teds portable clamp on chair for when we go away places, we have used it quite a lot so far and love it, they are not expensive, loads of places do them and they fit most tables. Might be a good idea 'til you find one you like then you could use it for out and about too. :)

Right, that sounds good! I will have a look for one of those. I'm a fan of Phil and Ted's stuff in general :)

Ruby just had soldiers of bread dipped in dhal, and loved it! She really is swallowing now, only little bits, but it's progress I guess! Unfortunately she got tired, covered her face in dhal then rubbed her face into me.

ruby just had soldiers of bread dipped in dhal, and loved it! She really is swallowing now, only little bits, but it's progress i guess! Unfortunately she got tired, covered her face in dhal then rubbed her face into me.

lmao!

Just tried Olivia with Marmite on toast and she loved it! She nearly finished a full slice off which is great seeing as normally after a few mouthfuls she become bored. I did only spread the marmite on really sparsly though as it has quite a high salt content.

dex seems to have gone backwards. he is refusing any food by firmly shaking his head. ive been just leaving him in his high chair and he eventually just plays with the food, he used to down rice cakes but now nothing. He is just generally unhappy at the moment, I think this gastro bug he had and cold that he has is having a big effect on his mood. I also think he is teething again. :-(

Mmmmm, broccoli, plum, baby sweetcorn and yoghurt...all together...

https://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab231/freya100509/yoghurt006-2.jpg

That's one messy but happy baby!! :thumbup:

Sounds like Dex is just feeling a bit off generally the poor mite. I'm sure he'll be back at it in no time when he's feeling better :hugs:

Yeah, I really think there is a lot of 'one step forwards, two steps back' with BLW. Ruby is the same. She is also teething. I am trying to stay relaxed about BLW but keep worrying when I see other people saying how much their spoon fed LOs are eating - it feels like Ruby going to be like 12m+ before she eats those quantities.

I feel the same, my SIL has a baby 7 weeks younger than Freya, and he weighs quite a few pounds more and has been weaned for a few weeks now. He is on three meals a day and I get a lot of comments on how much better than Freya he is doing. They seem to think Freya is not capable of eating for some reason. I just can't wait til she is eating properly and can show them how BLW works.

I keep having to re read the 'Bible' to get my confidence back.

My friend's baby is about 5 days younger than Ruby and only has 2 bottles a day, Ruby has 5!

I keep having to re read the 'Bible' to get my confidence back.

I have just re read mine too. One thing that keeps me going is how amazed my MIL was when she saw Olivia take a bite from a piece of apple, then chew and swallow :thumbup: (My MIL thinks I am a mean mummy in many ways but not that day!!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->