BLW - Baby led weaning support thread

LOL i'm lucky as all of the ladies at my groups are lovely and we always have things to say to each other - but i have been going to them since Daisy was about 8 weeks old if not younger and we have done all the classes together - baby massage, weaning, we often see each other swimming etc etc so we all have a bit crack on about that stuff and a bitch about our HV's LOL :D

oh and guess what.......

Lol. How many weeks will Daisy be when you start then? Sorry I am rubbish with working out weeks from months!! :dohh:

24 weeks and 1 day :) was gonna try and wait till 6 calendar months but she's been swipng food off me loads so i figured that now was the time:)

Lol I just noticed you've even got a ticker for it :rofl:
I thought I was excited when we started but you take it to another level haha :haha:

It's great, she should love it if she sees that you're enjoying it iygwim?

And Violet is definately taking less milk now..!! Can't remember the last time she finished all the bottle just before bed and she's not waking up any earlier for it so something is keeping her full! She's leaving at least 2oz's of that one (Sat night she left half :wacko:) and it's hit and miss whether she'll finish her day ones or not.

wow u have a ticker sara! at least its not long til u start...me and kian have aaaaaaaages to wait til the food fun starts!!

Kian has started joining us at the table for meals. He sits in his highchair and plays with a spoon and some toy food (i know its sad and i i know he can't really tell the difference between toy food and other toys but i bought him some knitted food so it felt like he was joining in with us! :p). i'm really surprised how good Kian is with a spoon. He gets it straight in his mouth the right way up and everything. I put some water on the spoon the other day and handed him it and he got in his mouth without spilling it (but then he left his mouth open so it all tipped back out!). He's also v good at picking his toys up off his highchair tray and getting them straight in his mouth...so far no eye poking! He does quite often ram things down his throat too much tho (he does it with the spoon alot and his tooth brush) and makes himself gag! weirdly enough tho i think he likes it...he does it with his fingers all the time then smiles?! weird little boy!

on the subject of baby groups n sure start centres...my local centre does some really cool stuff. I've been to baby massage, bounce and rhyme, baby and bumps, OH has been to a dads group and in jan we're going to baby signing. Sure start is great...its def worth contacting ur local sure start (theres a website where u can search for ur local group) also theres a toy library near me which runs coffee mornings...thats cool too.
although i completely know what u mean abt feeling weird talking to random people. OH and i went to baby massage together and i've always gone to other mum and baby stuff with a friend. i'm really talkative but i never know what to say to people to start up random convos (other than 'erm, nice baby'!) i also really struggle with the whole 'chav' thing. There r alot of mums at these groups that fit that stereotype and i'm really aware that they often find me judgemental or 'snobby' coz i sound quite posh (i'm actually not in the slightest bit posh tho...i'm prob more 'skank' than 'posh'! :p i just have a posh-ish sounding voice?!) and because i tend to have very little in common when it comes to parenting techniques etc. i'm definately in a minority at baby groups with things like BLW and AP etc...so i tend to keep quiet. its nice to get out the house tho and there is a fairly alright mix of people at my local group.

wow that was a much longer post than i meant it to b! sorry 4 the essay!

Oh don't be sorry Purple Socks, I always like to read what you have to say! :)

I'm exactly the same about the posh thing. I would no way call myself 'posh' but do have a pretty well spoken accent. Add that to being a bit shy and reluctant to speak to new people unless they've made the first move, and people assume I'm a snotty cow :(

It sounds like you're doing a great job involving Kian at mealtimes and the toy food is a great idea!

Ruby's new highchair has arrived! I never thought I would be so excited about a highchair, I'm a right saddo these days. Just need OH to come home and put it together as I am useless at such things :)

Oh don't be sorry Purple Socks, I always like to read what you have to say! :)

I'm exactly the same about the posh thing. I would no way call myself 'posh' but do have a pretty well spoken accent. Add that to being a bit shy and reluctant to speak to new people unless they've made the first move, and people assume I'm a snotty cow :(

It sounds like you're doing a great job involving Kian at mealtimes and the toy food is a great idea!

Ruby's new highchair has arrived! I never thought I would be so excited about a highchair, I'm a right saddo these days. Just need OH to come home and put it together as I am useless at such things :)

thanks! and i'm with u on the 'saddo' thing:...i get v excited over various baby gadgets! i have no life anymore!!! me and OH ended up having a 'folding up/ setting up' the push chair race when i was pregnant! it was the highlight of my day!:haha: and last night i sat working out how to play 3 blind mice on Kians christmas present (an octotunes!)...sad! sad! sad!:dohh:

Lol! I was even telling my friends the other day that i couldn't afford something because I'd spent all my money on a Stokke highchair. They had never heard of it and were not remotely impressed! Thank God for BnB :)

Ha ha, beat this, the nappy we use at night time has inserts and boosters that pop together, me and OH time each other to put it together...I usually win of course :rofl:

It's his turn tonight...:rofl:

Lmao I'm glad it's not just me that has no life anymore :haha:

Sounds like you'll have no trouble when you start with Kian, Purple socks.. Sounds like he's so interested already! I agree with Claire about the toy food - it's a fab idea!

i continuously get told i have a posh accent. Someone even told me that I don't sound black on he phone...ummm what.

i continuously get told i have a posh accent. Someone even told me that I don't sound black on he phone...ummm what.

OMG! How can you sound black anyway?
I'm continuously told by clients at work (and people on here, lol) that I don't look how I sound. What do they expect, a 40 year old in a brown cardigan?!!

i continuously get told i have a posh accent. Someone even told me that I don't sound black on the phone...ummm what.

OMG! How can you sound black anyway?
I'm continuously told by clients at work (and people on here, lol) that I don't look how I sound. What do they expect, a 40 year old in a brown cardigan?!!

That is ridiculous, people are so stupid.

Lol Claire, it's even sillier that people say that on here, do you type how you sound?! Weird.

I'm the 'posh one' at work because I went to Uni, nevermind that most of them are capable of going and never got round to it, because I have a degree and don't have a strong Derbyshire accent (not from here) I get all kinds of rubbish!

It's all mad. As you said earlier Claire, people also think I'm stuck up or something because I'm too shy to speak to them. I wish people wouldn't assume that.

Oh and I love the sound of knitted food PS! I saw some soft toy fruit and veg with little faces on a site and was going to get them, but they turned out to be £6 each :shock: so I never bothered. Lol. Looked cute though :).

I wish I sounded a bit more "posh" on the phone.... I sound like a 10yr old little girl and it's quite hard to be taken seriously sometimes :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->