BLW - Baby led weaning support thread

Yeah same here, The only time I went I was too scared to talk to anyone else and they all seemed to know what was going on. I don't go to any mum and baby groups or stuff like that.

Yuk at the babybel! How could he eat all that wax! :dohh:

Oh forgot to add that Sat Violet eat infront of in laws and last night infront of my parents. And she eat loads both nights!

I was sitting there thinking ha, that shows you all who doubted us!! My mum still makes a fuss if she gags though.... It's not even proper gagging, it's just one tiny little gag. It's like "for god sake woman she's fine!" :lol:

:lol: Well done Violet! My mum and sister were over yesterday but Freya didn't really eat much in front of them, just sucked on a bit of parsnip then almost fell asleep. :dohh:

We all seem to be the same with cliquey baby groups, it's a shame we don't live closer together or we could set up our own baby group! :D

There must be loads of people out there who don't go to that sort of thing then, there seem to be enough on here! It's a shame really as I would love to have some friends with babies and Freya loves playing with other babies too. Most of the mums round me seem rather chavvy anyway, I'm not sure what we would even talk about :dohh:.

I know what you mean, there are loads of chavs round here too. I am very lucky to have one friend with a 16 month old who does things similarly to me, but she works part time so is very busy! There is no point IMO of going to a place where everyone does stuff really differently to me because I'll end up a) offending people with my opinion or b) sitting there saying nothing.

I know what you mean, there are loads of chavs round here too. I am very lucky to have one friend with a 16 month old who does things similarly to me, but she works part time so is very busy! There is no point IMO of going to a place where everyone does stuff really differently to me because I'll end up a) offending people with my opinion or b) sitting there saying nothing.

Yeah that's what I think! There should be places for people like us! The only thing we do is go swimming on a Friday, the people I go with seem nice enough, and one is doing BLW with her 10 month old but I have only spoken to her once, as it's more of an in and out kind of thing! I wish I was more outgoing though and better at talking to people!

My mum, and non-mum friends say I have to 'make myself' talk to people I like the look of. But how? I feel like an idiot and don't know what to say after paying them some sort of compliment, and asking 'how old is your baby?' etc.

I'm going to try Ruby with some soup on bread, and baked apples now. Or rather, 'Ruby is going to throw soup and baked apples on the floor now'. lol!

i think i am lucky were i live, loads if baby groups and no charvas (chavs) at any of them, newcastle is really friendly too. ive made quite a few friends. i went to a pre pregnancy group and i have about 15 friends from there alone. I do find it really easy to talk to people though. I attached myself to this woman the other day at a baby social. we ended up going to town together, i lent her £50 (which she gave back) as she left her purse at the baby group and we had lunch together and did some shopping. haha.

dex is ill again so i think that is why he has been feeding so much. last night he woke up every hour just crying all i had to do was shush and pat his back to get him back to sleep, which isnt normal as he usually wakes up crawling but he was quite limp. I am feeling ill too

We are moving house next week (very short notice on our part) so I am feeling very stressed already :-(

My mum, and non-mum friends say I have to 'make myself' talk to people I like the look of. But how? I feel like an idiot and don't know what to say after paying them some sort of compliment, and asking 'how old is your baby?' etc.

I'm going to try Ruby with some soup on bread, and baked apples now. Or rather, 'Ruby is going to throw soup and baked apples on the floor now'. lol!

Exactly how I feel!!
I don't even know where to begin talking to new people. I've got huge issues making friends anyway, I'm so shy it's unreal. It takes me months to feel comfortable around new people to even feel ready to start making random conversation. :dohh:

I feel guilty though because Violet is sociable and she loves being around people and other babies. I don't feel nervous or anything, I just don't know what to say and I'd rather sit on my tod than try making conversation and end up looking like a prat :lol:

It's a shame we don't have BnB mum & babies groups, they'd be awesome lol

i think i am lucky were i live, loads if baby groups and no charvas (chavs) at any of them, newcastle is really friendly too. ive made quite a few friends. i went to a pre pregnancy group and i have about 15 friends from there alone. I do find it really easy to talk to people though. I attached myself to this woman the other day at a baby social. we ended up going to town together, i lent her £50 (which she gave back) as she left her purse at the baby group and we had lunch together and did some shopping. haha.

dex is ill again so i think that is why he has been feeding so much. last night he woke up every hour just crying all i had to do was shush and pat his back to get him back to sleep, which isnt normal as he usually wakes up crawling but he was quite limp. I am feeling ill too

We are moving house next week (very short notice on our part) so I am feeling very stressed already :-(

Aww poor Dex, he's having a rough time lately isn't he?
Hope he feels better soon the poor mite x (and you of course!)

Poor Dexter :( Hope he feels better soon.

I wonder if the north / south difference has anything to do with the friendliness / lack of friendliness in these groups. My OH is from Liverpool and when we go there, strangers just seem generally more inclined to be friendly / chatty with each other.

Faille - I feel the same as you, Ruby is very sociable too and is in her element when around other people. She's totally fascinated by people and loves making new 'friends' when we're out. But I am crap!

Ruby has been putting a bit more food into her mouth since Saturday. I have discovered she likes apples. Whoever suggested cutting food into ring shapes I am very grateful to - Ruby manages rings way better than sticks. Now, when she puts food into her mouth, she chews and swallows most of the time. It's just that not a lot gets put into her mouth!

Also our Tripp Trapp is being delivered tomorrow so that should make things easier.

Poor Dex :hugs:.

Glad that Ruby is getting the hang of it now, I haven't tried cutting stuff into rings - I will have to give it a go. I will try it later with pear - she seems to like the taste of it, but slightly hard pears + lack of teeth + slippery sticks have meant she has never swallowed any. I might do what you did Claire and bake some.

I don't know about the North/South thing, my OH is from Somerset and he would (and does) talk to anyone. :lol:

i think northerners tend to be friendlier but there is a lot more racial abuse up here. i never had any till i moved.

yeah dex seems to be ill constantly, he has just been crying/snotting and sleeping all day, this may be the worst cold yet. we go to loads of baby groups and he picks up things there all the time. i also live in a shared house and i let him roam about putting everything in his mouth so i cant complain. i was ill all the time as a kid too. also in winter so much goes about

i cant wait to move house, we finally have a garden and a dining room for dex to mess up with food. it is my first ever non shared house

Good luck with your move, that's fantastic to get your own place, I lived in shared houses in London for years before moving in with OH and it's just sooo lovely having your own space! I appreciate it every day even now! :)

Freya is the same, she is having her fourth cold at the moment :(. I also think it's cos when I go out I go to places like swimming and soft play, not the most hygenic of places! Also DH is a teacher and gets loads of colds in winter from his snotty kids.

Great that you will be in your own house, bet you can't wait!

Aww hope Dex is feeling better soon :hugs:

I'm exactly the same as you guys, I give a compliment then ask how old baby is and then I'm out of things to say! :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->