BLW - Baby led weaning support thread

oooh Stock - what do you all do for stocks and gravy girls?? we have either of the two with most meals and i'm starting to worry about what we can have thats gonna taste good too!!!LOL

I just don't use them anymore. Or if I really want gravy, I have it myself and Freya doesn't.

I know you can get baby stock in Boots and places, but they are still a bit too salty for me to want to use :).

i'm coming on here to do a lil brag :blush: rhys has just had his 9 months development check, and he came out averaging 15 months :)
his social care and eye co-ordination was the best my hv said she seen for a long time he's so good and accurate with his hands she said he can twiddle a plasic washer thing off a screw thing that she gave him by flicking and twisting it with his thumb, and was pushing wooden beads along a wire with his thumb. he can eat from a spoon no problem whatsoever, when i told her he was blw she smiled....

she doesnt big blw up at all and i took great pride i telling her that he's been picking up peas and blueberries with a pincer grip for quite a while now :rofl: he turns pages on books etc.

all down to blw in my opinion hehe

has anyone else had negatives from hv's, i was telling her rhys has never been constipated because he always chews his food and his stomch produces the right juices to digest his, food, she raised her eyebrows, think she was listening to me lol

That's great Helen! :happydance: It's lovely to hear how LOs who have been doing BLW for a while are doing, it seems like we're all newbies on here at the moment! :lol:

I've found a couple of HVs who thought BLW was a great idea and another who was obviuously just indulging me when I was talking to her about it :dohh:

ive only had positives in regards to hv and blw. the first lent me a dvd on it and the second hv said fantastic when i told her i was doing it. my surgery were championing blw a while ago but gave up becaue nobody was interested.

i only used a quarter of the baby stock cube and probably will only once in a blue moon. i dont use stick cubes in my own cooking usually.

I have never talked about BLW with my HV, I'm not so keen on her anyway, and don't ever go to baby clinic that often anymore. I will prob mention it at her 8/9 month check, whenever it is round here.

:)

i've had quite neutral thoughts from my HV - she didnt have a clue about it to be honest!LOL :shrug: i'm going to get Daisy weighed when we go to Bouncing Babes on monday and i'm dreading it as i no she will give me the weaning chat again!! (not my HV a different one) and i have the last session of the weaning course ( i only went to week one!!LOL) that i gritted my teeth through the whole 2 hours !LOL :dohh: this is the practical session so will be interesting

oh did i mention 4 DAAAAAAAAAYS!!!!lol

OMG you guys have a weaning course sara?! There's nothing like that around here!

its totally crap!!!lol i suggested finger foods and it was like suggesting feeding her 10 litres of vodka!! lol only reason i went was to make sure i got the salt etc stuff sunk in but tbh they have barely mentioned salt gravy stock etc :shrug:

i'm coming on here to do a lil brag :blush: rhys has just had his 9 months development check, and he came out averaging 15 months :)
his social care and eye co-ordination was the best my hv said she seen for a long time he's so good and accurate with his hands she said he can twiddle a plasic washer thing off a screw thing that she gave him by flicking and twisting it with his thumb, and was pushing wooden beads along a wire with his thumb. he can eat from a spoon no problem whatsoever, when i told her he was blw she smiled....

she doesnt big blw up at all and i took great pride i telling her that he's been picking up peas and blueberries with a pincer grip for quite a while now :rofl: he turns pages on books etc.

all down to blw in my opinion hehe

Wow that's fantastic!!

Do you mind me asking when you first introduced peas..? I've been thinking about it for a few days but still not sure :dohh:

We had a chinese style dinner last night and Violet was demolishing the noodles no problem - I didn't think she'd be able to pick them up but she did and she loved them :thumbup:

What do you do on a weaning course Sara? I haven't spoken about weaning with my HV ever, I'm not sure what she would say! For all they know I could have been feeding her for months, lol.

they just talk about salt content, tell you when you can introduce lumps,fingerfood, how much to give on what days and what time etc etc !!! its basically everything BLW is not about!!LOL but you get free bowls and cups n things and a free hand blender :thumbup: do you lot not have sure start centres anywhere near you ??? they should run things like this! i just did a Paedeatric first aid course free!!! really useful and i learned alot there!! also did Baby massage :)

Yeah I have a sure start centre just up the road, I never go though. I went once to get her weighed, everyone seemed to know each other and I didn't know any of them! SO I haven't been back since. Suppose I ought to go, sounds like I am missing out on free stuff!

lol i love my Sure start centres! they are great, have loads of courses/groups etc on and they also tend to have photo sessions etc on at a reduced rate!! i just got Daisy's Xmas Photos done for £18 :) got 6 photos for that !!!!:) defo worth a look:) :hugs:

I might investigate then. I am a bit shy about places like that though. Although our sure start is really small and doesn't do much baby massage and stuff, so I don't know if they'll do things like photos. I'll have a look. :)

We have a surestart centre or a surestart nursery anyway at the local children's centre, would that be it? I haven't seen any courses like that being advertised mind you.

We were at FIL's and his GF's place tonight. I constantly have problems with the GF with Aisling, bfing and food. As far as she's concerned it's formula and puree all the way and she's usually a pain about the way we do things. But tonight she deliberately cut up the veg into batons for Aisling, did a portion separately for her with gravy, bought mango strips and sugar and salt free organix biscuits for her pudding.....and Aisling didn't touch it! :dohh::rofl: She eventually ate some of the biscuits and the mango but wouldn't even open her mouth for the rest!

Would you believe that my o/h gave Olivia some babybel chesse with half the wax still attached!!

ethan who is almost 7 came home from school one day and said he didnt like that red cheese had had for lunch........hed had a babybel but hadnt taken the wax off :dohh:

ern is doing really well, we had chinese last night and he was sat in his jumperoo but protested so i sat him in his highchair and gave him a prawn cracker a piece of chicken, a bamboo shoot and chunk of pepper...he gummed everything except the cracker lol. today we had a roast, this boy still love love loves his parsnips!!

We have two quite big surestart centres local to me but neither do weaning courses or photo shoots.

They do baby massage and first aid tho but it's a job getting on to them as they're always full. If you don't go to the mum and baby groups then you don't get to hear about them... I've been a couple of times but they're so cliquey and don't talk to any new mums and I'm not the sort to just involve myself in a conversation so I've stopped going :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->