BLW - Baby led weaning support thread

Aw glad it went well Sara, Daisy certainly looks like she's enjoying herself!!

Ruby ate lots at tea time today! Lots for her anyway! I gave her roasted sweet potato wedges and babycorn. She went mad for the babycorns, she picked them up really easily, and she is now swallowing nearly everything that goes in her mouth! My suspicions were right that her lack of interest was due to the highchair. Now she is in the tripp trapp she is much more comfortable, at the right height and can pick food up from the table top.

Oh and scotch pancakes were a hit too, a really easy texture for her to chew. I feel a bit naughty giving her sweet food though...she ate a lot more than I expected, too. Oh well.

She doesn't want me to hold food out to her now, she only wants to pick it up from the table, the things I held out for her she just threw, but everything she picked up, she ate at least part of!

Arcanegirl - I know what you mean, I like to prepare food in advance where possible but the food I share with Ruby is always freshly made. We just have really simple foods, like a selection of roasted vegetables, hardly any prep, just chop a few veg and bung in the oven. You can just use fresh fruit, cut into rings or sticks. Or try him with some toast, that can be done quickly.

Faille - Violet looks so cute in your new pic! Thinking back to your old pic, she looks soooo much like you :)

Freya's not been eating much in the last couple of days - think her teeth are bothering her a bit again. Today we had sweet potato and squash soup, she swallowed about 3 tiny mouthfuls and for tea we had mushroom risotto, about 2 tiny mouthfuls then. She's not been sleeping as well though, so is completely knackered by tea time, which doesn't help as she just gets cross and throws things! Lol. I can't believe she is 7 months next week, this month has gone so fast!

I know Kirsten, my month has fled by too! Don't want the next 5 to go too quickly :cry:

Sara, Daisy looks soooo cute! Sorry not been on much, very exciting that she's eating :)

I think it's cos I was sooo looking forward to starting BLW, her 5th month went really really slow, lol, and this month I'm not waiting for anything, so it has whizzed. Yeah I don't want her get any older!

Faille - Violet looks so cute in your new pic! Thinking back to your old pic, she looks soooo much like you :)

Haha, thank you.. We always get mixed views on who she looks like - we don't think she looks like either of us :lol:

It's really good to hear that Ruby is doing so well now!:thumbup: Bet you're releaved she likes her new chair for that price!!!

Aw Kirsten, I hope Freya doesn't suffer too long with her teeth.. Violet was off her a food a bit at the start of the week because of hers but shes making up for it now lol

And you're right, this month has gone so fast - I can't believe Freya is nearly 7months! I can't believe Violet will be 8months at the end of this month..... Where's my baby gone :nope:

Sara, sounds like your first day was a real success!!! :happydance: You must be really pleased :D

Glad everyone is doing well, hopefully Freya's teeth will stop bothering her soon :hugs:

We were at a baby group today and there were 2 mums talking about how they were having awful trouble with their 10 month olds having anything with lumps and they completely refused finger foods so they were still sieving their food! I was so pleased that that isn't something that we'll ever have to worry about, so so glad we're doing BLW!! I told them what we were doing but felt as though I had to be careful in case it came across as me boasting that my nearly 8 month old was eating better than their 10 month olds! :dohh: It's hard to explain how good BLW is without looking like you're criticising :wacko:

It's really good to hear that Ruby is doing so well now!:thumbup: Bet you're releaved she likes her new chair for that price!!!

Yup, OH would have gone mad if Ruby hadn't liked it!

Yeah Kirsten the tired thing is what gets in our way a lot of the time. I have to pick my moments to offer Ruby food, no point whatsoever if she is tired, she just bangs on the table and doesn't have the patience to pick up the food.

We were at a baby group today and there were 2 mums talking about how they were having awful trouble with their 10 month olds having anything with lumps and they completely refused finger foods so they were still sieving their food! I was so pleased that that isn't something that we'll ever have to worry about, so so glad we're doing BLW!! I told them what we were doing but felt as though I had to be careful in case it came across as me boasting that my nearly 8 month old was eating better than their 10 month olds! :dohh: It's hard to explain how good BLW is without looking like you're criticising :wacko:

Yup. I'd love to talk to one of my friends from antenatal group about BLW as her baby is refusing spoon feeding...but don't want to offend her!

Oh my, I had an "issue" at my baby group the other day! Basically Sofia was happily eating in her chair, she drew a little crowd from the mummys whose babies aren't weaning yet and the pregnant mums who were all like "wow, that's great"

Side note: BTW, Sofia's never had a problem with being "watched" whilst eating, she adores the attention :rofl:

Anyway, I got scowls from some of the older babies mums, one especially who often goes on about the "danger" of this food or that food etc. I felt most sorry for the lady with 11month old twins who she's still spoon feeding exclusively :shock:

Not as if I was boasting or showing off, she was just eating her lunch.

Arcanegirl - I know what you mean, I like to prepare food in advance where possible but the food I share with Ruby is always freshly made. We just have really simple foods, like a selection of roasted vegetables, hardly any prep, just chop a few veg and bung in the oven. You can just use fresh fruit, cut into rings or sticks. Or try him with some toast, that can be done quickly.

We do toast alot, running out of ideas of things to put on it :lol:

ugh, some mothers are such (trying to find a polite word) buffoons. They were probably just jealous. I bet you they went home and thought about trying what sofia was doing.

We do toast alot, running out of ideas of things to put on it :lol:

hummous is good.

yeh i had that problem today - we had the last day of our weaning course and i was telling a couple of the girls i know from Bouncing Babes and they were asking how it went this morning ans the woman who was doing my course was proper scowling at me !!!!!

i gave Daisy Houmous on Rice Cakes today and she seemed to like it - i tried it tho :sick: what about Pittas AG?? as an alternative to toast- just chuck in the toaster then you can put stuff inside it or whatever - try mashed Banana or if you have any pre prepared puree's you can use that ??

saraxxxxx

Freya's not been eating much in the last couple of days - think her teeth are bothering her a bit again. Today we had sweet potato and squash soup, she swallowed about 3 tiny mouthfuls and for tea we had mushroom risotto, about 2 tiny mouthfuls then. She's not been sleeping as well though, so is completely knackered by tea time, which doesn't help as she just gets cross and throws things! Lol. I can't believe she is 7 months next week, this month has gone so fast!

dex went off everything when he was teething, he barely even wanted bf. Whenever he gets ill he immediately goes off any solids unlike me who can eat however ill I am. lol

Well pitta bread and rice/corn cakes make a good variation on toast. Sofia loves rye bread but it's a bit crumbly and difficult for her to manage.

Sara I like the idea of spreading puree on toast, I've got 3 cubes of puree left in the freezer and didn't know what to do with them, guess what Aisling's having tomorrow!!

thanks :) we plan on making a few nice puree's to have on stand by for when i have ran out of ideas/cant be bothered to make something from scratch to defrost and spread on toast/ricecakes etc, just need to think of some nice purees to make :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->