BLW - Baby led weaning support thread

how about goats milk? I used to have it when I was little. Or rice milk, or oat milk. All good.

I haven't been using organic stuff, it's just too expensive. I was given the Annabel Karmel weaning book and even she says not to bother with organic, it's too expensive and the benefits aren't enough to justify it unless it's what you'd normally have anyway :shrug:

When you guys to scrambled eggs on toast and beans on toast, how do you manage to keep the eggs and beans on the toast?!

Sofia seems to hate eggs at the moment, I've tried to give her scrambled eggs a few times and she won't have it. I mushed it into a paste and put in on corn cakes.

With the whole allergy thing... I have an allergy to milk proteins. I drink oat and rice milk, and use that and oat cream in cooking. I don't like soya products (those that aren't in their pure form) because I think it messes with your hormones, I have endometriosis and there are links to soya. I asked my paeditrician about it and he said to try Sofia and see her reaction, so I have given her cheese and yoghurt, but she doesn't have it often (1 or 2 times per week). I've also given her wheat. She's not had a reaction to either, I'm still not sure if I'm doing the right thing... she does love cheese though!

Oh yeah, and I buy organic root veggies, and cucumer, peppers and tomatos as those are all things that are meant to absorb lots of chemicals. Wheat is meant to be very absorbant too.

When you guys to scrambled eggs on toast and beans on toast, how do you manage to keep the eggs and beans on the toast?!

With scrambled egg, I put it on the toast and then on her tray but she'll just pick the toast up and the egg falls off and then she'll have a go at that seperately. I don't do it so the bits of egg go too small though.

And with the beans, same as above except at least with beans, the sauce stays on the toast so she still gets to taste it! And then she'll have a play with the beans as well.

With regards to the organic convo - we don't bother with organic food. I just don't see the point tbh and not with that price tag either!

I can buy direct from the farmers here, which saves a lot of money.

I buy all my fruit and veg from the market, some is organic, some is not. It's all very cheap though and much fresher than supermarket stuff. I love getting it too, as there is so muc more choice than in a shop. :)

in regards to the scrambled eggs and beans have you thought about using a toasty machine so it all sticks together? it will be very hot so just make sure it cools down first.

Freya managed to pick her raspberries up on her own for the first time today :cloud9: I have been squishing them on a spoon up til now. She ate about 4 all on her own. :D

https://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab231/freya100509/41209030.jpghttps://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab231/freya100509/41209024.jpg

Yay go Freya:) well done :)

had a great day again today porridge for breakfast was fun :rofl: (and just a little messy!!!) i put her spoon in the bowl (i made the porridge really sticky so it stuck to the spoon!) and i had to hod the spoon up for her and she sucked the hell out of it!!!!

sheese on toast for dinner also went down a storm but made me gag never mind Bug - she dropped her soggy awful toast on me and it was awful :rofl:

and me and daddy had a pizza on Flaky pastry instead of a dough base and Bug had a bread stick whacked on the pizza a couple of times for flavour!!!LOL she LOVED the breadstick - she swollowed a little bit bless her and then she bit a MASSIVE BIT (well it was about 1cm long) realised what she had done then spat it out!LOL was so cute!!! then when she had finished that (or chucked them on the floor!) she had a little bit of our pizza and loved it (it was soooo tasty!!!) think she will really enjoy it more when she has progressed a bit more :)

on the Organic subject we try to buy most of our stuff from a local farm shop or markets etc but to be honest i dont look for the Organic stuff when i am doin our supermarket shop :D

sara

xxxxxxxx

Emma has been loving broccoli today! She has sucked it like crazy! Also tried some banana at lunchtime. She clearly loved the flavour but found the handling hard, even with the skin on.

Fantastic photo of Freya- love it!

Watching Emma eat tonight I was just thinking of how amazing it is, watching her feed herself already.

how cute is freya.

Dex ate so much of his pasta,/banana and tomato dish today that I got worried. He was ravenous and ate at least 15 spoonfuls, also carrots for finger food which he goes nuts for. I tried giving him apple too but seems to not bother with fruit as a finger food but goes straight for the savoury things. I thought he hated banana but adding to his pasta to make it thick seems to be going down a treat. tomorrow he will have rice and banana with tomato and mushrooms i think. He is starting to try and dip his spoon into his bowl. yey.

OMG, look how well everyone is doing today! :happydance:

I'm too scared to give Sofia a bowl.. so far all she's done is tip it upside down or throw it on the floor...

Freya is so cute Kirsten :)

Thanks :) We don't use a bowl either, she just throws things on the floor too much!

No bowl or plate for us either. She'd be more interested in them than the food! Ruby eats straight off the table top.

I didn't want to give Ruby anything with added sugar in it but I've already failed miserably :( I was having a hot cross bun at my mum's and Ruby loved it, picked bits up and ate them, and then cried when it was all gone! I don't think I'm going to offer any more sweet food for a while....hey I shouldn't be eating it either.

Ruby seems to pick up small pieces of food better than sticks for some strange reason, her pincer grip is totally there and I'm stunned at how quickly she's gone from no interest, to picking food up and eating it!

Freya looks like she loves her raspberries! I'm going to give Ruby some when she grows into her plastic bib with sleeves, at the moment it's so huge it wrinkles up and makes it hard to get food to her mouth :(

Claire, Sofia always found smaller bit easier too, took me a while to figure out. She picked up chick peas today but then "lost" them in her palm, she didn't know what to do with it!

I gave her her first naughty taste the other day too - we have something called Grättiman here which are like a sweet bread shaped like a gingerbread man, she loved that too!

I have given up with bibs. We have a few long sleeved ones, but they are too big for her and get in the way. I just feed her in old clothes or I soak them straight after. I like it better like this. :)

Yeah bibs are a bit pointless. No mess ever ends up on Ruby's bib anyway, just on the floor, doh!

Ha ha I just noticed I am now officially a 'BnB Addict'! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->