BLW - Baby led weaning support thread

Argh, Freya just had porridge and toast for breakfast and gagged on the toast, eventually throwing up all her porridge :(.

I got some rye bread from holland and barret, the sort that is like really thin sliced and long (looks and feels more like a rectangle cake). dex went nuts for it. So did my OH funnily enough.

Argh, Freya just had porridge and toast for breakfast and gagged on the toast, eventually throwing up all her porridge :(.

I got some rye bread from holland and barret, the sort that is like really thin sliced and long (looks and feels more like a rectangle cake). dex went nuts for it. So did my OH funnily enough.

I tried her with rye bread a few weeks ago, but she didn't want it. I think I may just wait 'til we start introducing wheat to do bread and forget about these gluten free types, they don't seem to go down to well, she's not so keen.We will prob start wheat at 8 months, so only a month to go :)

omg we just had herby poo!!!!!LOL and .......she just swallowed a bit of breadstick!! lol she bit a massive bit off and started 'chewing' it and moving it around her mouth with her tongue etc !lol i was totally expecting it to come out and a little did then she started gagging quite bad and i was getting so close to shoving my finger in then i think she managed to sort herself then she swallowed it!!!!!!!!!!! i couldnt believe it! i'm now paranoid she;s gonna choke in her sleep cos she went down for a nap and she has a cough poor thing:cry:

oh we had pear too and she loved it !!!! think a teeny little bit went down with that too :D its all probably by accident etc but i am sooo proud anyways!!!LOL

sara

xxxxxxx

Aww, Daisy's doing so well! :D If you're worried about choking, just sweep your finger around her mouth before you lie her on her back so you can be sure there's nothing lurking.

I defrosted one of Aisling's leftover puree cubes and spread it on her toast at lunchtime and it went down really well :thumbup: I had needed something to do for when I don't have much time because it often comes down to toast and fruit spread which isn't great. I think I might make a couple of batches and freeze them as cubes so she can have them as toast toppings and dips and then at least I'll know she's getting some vitamins in her too :D

i'm moe worried of it coming up as she is coughing as she is coughing alot (she has a cold) atm :(

yeah i was planning on doing that woth purees but dunno what to do :shrug: i suppose she doesnt really no the difference so if i put cauli and broccoli spread on toast she wouldnt really know how minging that sounds!!LOL - she loves toast and finds it easy to eat - well gum:) but i dont just want to be giving her toast with butter all of the time :shrug:

Well I've got some puree recipe books from when Aisling had them so feel free to tell me what kinds of veg she likes and I'll find a recipe for you! The one she had today was sweet veg medley so sweet potato, carrot, swede, parsnip etc

ooh thanks hun, dont really no what she likes yet but will let you no when she's tried a few more :) fanx :)

Freya had spinach and parsnips for tea, she HATED the spinach!! :lol: But then she had strawberries, cherries and blackberries for pudding and she loves them, so that made it better lol.

Aww :) Yeah, Sofia's not keen on spinach either.

She's been off her food today, had nibbles of everything and nothing more - she's too full of poo, 7 days no poo and I've seriously not left the house today because I'm so scared of how vile it's going to be!

7 days no poo!! Eeeek!! Have you given her prunes again? I thought they did the trick last time?

Oh dear. Maybe go for it a bit more with the prunage?! Like a couple a day til she goes? There is going to be a lot of poo after 7 days!!!

Hey girls!

i've a little questions regarding mash potato! LOL we make ours with butter and semi skimmed milk. If I give some to LO would I need to mash it with Full fat milk, or mash some with his milk or?! Gosh I get so confused

Oh and in natural yoghurt okay to give?

Natural yoghurt is fine although it's the one thing that made Aisling projectile vomit! :lol: Haven't tried that again....

I think you're just meant to use full fat everything because they need the fat but I can't imagine it'd make that much difference if it's just a little bit in cooking? :shrug:

Eeek...I wouldn't try it again either! Projectile vomiting is not good *stand back everyone*

Thanks :D It's a good excuse to use full fat and make my potatos creamer! LOL :p

Ooh, in that case just go for the cream, yum yum!! :munch:

Freya had spinach and parsnips for tea, she HATED the spinach!! :lol: But then she had strawberries, cherries and blackberries for pudding and she loves them, so that made it better lol.

Ruby always picks (raw) spinach up first when it is offered, but it kind of gets stuck on her tongue and we have to fish it out!

Ruby didn't want rye bread when I offered it either. It looks kind of weird I guess, my OH wouldn't touch it either but I quite like it!

Today we went to lunch at my mum's, we managed to fit the Tripp Trapp in the car and take it :) Ruby sat in it happily for the whole meal! I was stunned. She ate bits of ciabatta bread, spinach/rocket salad, some tiny bits of lasagne, and ignored the baby corn my mum made specially :haha:

:lol: She has eaten raw spinach fine before, but this was cooked, so I guess a bit more concentrated? :shrug:

Pretty cool the Tripp Trapp will go in your car! Yeah Jake won't eat the rye bread either, but then he is awful with food anyway.

Cool that Ruby at some stuff at lunch, I am yet to get Freya to eat in front of anyone else, lol.

Is Jake veggie too Kirsten?

Good idea taking the tripp trapp, did you dismantle it?

Sofia really like lettuce leaves (a certain one that I don't know the name in English), strange baby.

She likes rye bread too but it seems to break into tiny little pieces in her hand - maybe I'm buying the wrong kind!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->