BLW - Baby led weaning support thread

Yay WTG new addicts:):)

thought i would share a recipie i got in one of the weaning books i got from the weaning course - its Weetabix Loaf its like a cakey malt loafy weird thingie!!!LOL i made it tonight for a try for when Bug gets a bit bigger etc

1 egg
1/4 mug sugar (50g)
1 1/2 mugs of SR flour (300g)
1 1/2 mugs of dried mixed fruit (raisins sultanas etc) (300g)
2 weetabix
1 mug Milk (300ml)

preheat oven 180 mix sugar and egg together, crush the weetabix in and add fruit , mix well, add flour, mix well, make a well in the middle and add Milk, mix well and shove in the oven for aound an hour or so :)

it says to use a teaspoon of mixed spices but i dont like it so i missed it out:)

took me 2 mins to do it and its quite yummy :) like a cross between a malt loaf and cake :) and i think it will be quite good to take out for snacks when LO's are eating more and needing snacks when out and about :):)

sara

xxxxxxxx

I normally use newborn tommee tippee bibs, they catch any dribbly bits and don't get in her way, then she's either in short sleeves or sleeves pushed up. That's the best way for us. I also take her socks off otherwise she mashes bits into them on her stokke footrest!
I use a longsleeved bib for when we're out or she happens to be wearing something nice and I've not changed her. It was quite expensive from jojomamanbebe but it's good.

That cake sounds good Sara, ta!

Does anyone use organic foods? I find myself buying them when I didn't previously. Anyone know whether it is really worth the extra expense / particularly beneficial for babies? Most jars of baby food seem to be organic. I only know that organic milk is better...not sure about fruit and veg etc.

I get an organic fruit and veg box delivery every week,i have a large basic veg box,a baby weaning box which is a mix of fruit and veg, extra carrots and parsips as everyone loves them,some parsley and a free range organic chicken.All our meat comes from a little butchers a few minutes away from our house,he has his farm just across the road from the shop and all the meat he sells(with exception of the chickens) comes from his own farm!. I also always buy organic milk, and sometimes will buy organic bread or flour etc. MY hubby was recently diagnosed with diabetes so that combined with the blw with ern has really made us rethink our diets!!

Yesterday we went for a carvery lunch and i had brought ern a little rubber mat to put on the table so i could put his food on it, and i asked the girl who took our order if it was ok if i put some veg in a bowl for the baby and she said it was fine, so he had a yorkshire pud which he loves( i was cheeky and asked for 2 on my plate and gave him 1) some carrots,cauliflower,swede,sprout and a potato. He sat quite happily on my knee munching away to a chorus of "awwwww's" from the little old ladies sat at the other tables...he is such a tart he loves the attention:haha: I had a pudding-xmas pudding and custard so i let him have a taste of the custard-he seemed to like the taste but struggled to get it off the spoon,didnt seem to know what to do to get it off!!Lol

Tonight we had roast chicken,boiled potatoes,carrots,cabbage and swede. He was sucking for ages on the cabbage and he loves carrots anyway,and seemed to like the swede-again though struggled a bit getting it off the spoon!! when hubby had an apple a bit later on he gave ern a piece which he seemed to enjoy sucking on,he is doing really well, and you can see his skills at handling food getting better and better each day, oh lunchtime he had a piece of cucumber out of my sandwich-he was alseep when we started eating and then woke up and looked at me as if to say "wheres mine then" lol

Argh, Freya just had porridge and toast for breakfast and gagged on the toast, eventually throwing up all her porridge :(.

oh dear. gonna try dex on wheat free toast later. hope Freya is ok. HE is teething again so I dunno if he will be interested.

Hi everyone, Halen will be 6 months on the 19th and we're planning to follow BLW the only thing is...we don't have a kitchen table nor enough room in our kitchen to put one there, we normally just eat dinner on our laps so what about Halen? We have a highchair, and a bumbo seat so where he sits isn't a problem, but what about the mess? Would a mess mat be ok or is the food going to be throw a fair distance?

A mat would be fine. When you first start, food won't really be thrown, more dropped. The floor around Ruby's high chair is usually covered in bits of food, but it doesn't go far. :)

Hi everyone, Halen will be 6 months on the 19th and we're planning to follow BLW the only thing is...we don't have a kitchen table nor enough room in our kitchen to put one there, we normally just eat dinner on our laps so what about Halen? We have a highchair, and a bumbo seat so where he sits isn't a problem, but what about the mess? Would a mess mat be ok or is the food going to be throw a fair distance?

We don't have a table either, we eat on the sofa and Violets highchair is in between us.. We have two splash mats which more than cover the area around her chair it's very rare that she'll drop anything that doesn't fall on them.

Another good thing about using splash mats is if you clean them before each use, any food that does get dropped can be given back to them so we'll still use them when we eventually get a table and eat there instead.

Cheers ladies. I've bought Gill Rapley's book and we'll see how it goes. I'm so excited lol he already gets a piece of cold tomato or cucumber to bite on when his teeth are sore and he handles them really well.

We were out today and went to Pizza Express for lunch- Emma sat on Andy's knee and munched away on cucumber and lettuce! Was great- so easy and made it easy for us to eat too! Lots of curious looks from passers- by!

What is the story with Pineapple? When can babies give it a go- I don't think I saw it mentioned in the book?

I am so happy, Olivia has finally mastered the pincer grip!! She can now pick peas and blueberries and put them straight to her motuh rather than chasing them around her high chair tray.

Hello new ladies and babies :hi:

Aww Kirsten, Sofia puked the other day and then carried on eating, ewwwww.

Indy and Lara I've never heard anything about pineapple... it might be quite acidic? Just give a little piece and see how she goes. Isn't it great being able to eat out with no stress :)

CountingDown, yay go Olivia! Sofia can pick them up but then loses them in her palm, hasn't figured out what to do with them yet :dohh:

JayleighAnn, Sofia's food never goes too far either, just try and clear the area a bit - we have our recycling box behind her highchair and this morning I found a nice collection of old food in with the bottles and paper!

Sofia enjoying steak and cucumber in the first and yoghurt in the 2nd :)

Attachments

• IMG_3621.jpg
    IMG_3621.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3647.jpg
    IMG_3647.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 15
What is the story with Pineapple? When can babies give it a go- I don't think I saw it mentioned in the book?

ern loves pineapple! I buy it ready prepared in asda you can get either individually wrapped fingers (3 for £1) or a pack with 5/6 smaller fingers in for £1, he loves it!!:thumbup:

today is the first day he has had 3 meals- he had toast for breakfast, he had a dairylea sandwich for lunch and he loved it! (made a right old mess with it tho!!lol) and pasta bolognese for dinner

ive given dex pineapple a few times. the only reservation i have is that it contains bromine which is a chemical that aids digestion so it can make you hungry a lot quicker. I ate it a lot when i was trying to lose weight and I got hungry very quickly after I ate it.

dex has majorly mastered the pincer grip and i gotta say i don't vacuum enough. I found him eating a ball of my hair. He actually gagged on it then spat it out and it was on his chin. yuck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->