BLW - Baby led weaning support thread

Emma chocked badly at lunch today on banana. Full on no noise choke. As sad as I am to say it, Im not sure I am going to be able to carry on now with blw. That was truly terrifying.

hey ladies, i am bk after a few days of moving. dex is now full on eating everything in sight, including anything he finds on the floor. oops I cant even eat my own food without him crying so I have to feed him every time I eat. hope you are all well xx

Oh and the choking is very normal, dex has choked so many time and some of them have been very scary but it hasnt put me off yet.

Daisy had a little 'proper choke' not gagon a bit of cheese today :cry: really scared me but i was very brave and she sorted herself out:D think the cheese was really easy to bite off and she was chomping HUGEHUGE bits off and she couldnt manage them...think i might just leave cheese for a week or so till she develops more skills .....

and i feel so so so so so naughty tonight...every week-two me n Rob have a little lazy night and have a naughty Dinner - well we decided tonight we wanted Pizza and chips (not home made:blush:)for dinner and figured it wasnt really fair to leave her out, so we picked the Pizza with the least amount of salt in etc and had baked chips so it wasnt entirely naughty and she LOVED the pizza - she was trying to shove two bits in at once:haha: and she definately swallowed something - she threw up afterwards a little bit cos daddy was throwing her around and playing with her :dohh: she did gag a teeny little bit but i think it was more to do with her cough than a proper gag :shrug:

d'ya think something naughty like that every now and then will do any harm??? i feel really naughty :cry:

sara

xxxxxx

Sara, I think it's fine for something naughty every now and again! It's only when it's all the time that it's bad for them.

I think I will be trying my best not to think of it as 'naughty' though, I don't want Freya to think some foods are naughtier than others and they are the better foods etc. (Even though they are, :rofl:)

But yeah, we are going to a chinese all you can eat tomorrow night for my sisters birthday, so I'm sure Freya will get her fair taste of junky stuff!!

yeh i was thinkin the same about not thinkin about it as naughty....tbh if i'd made it myself and used exactly the same stuff then i wouldnt have thought of it as naughty :shrug:

hope you enjoy the buffet:) i am so excited about taking Daisy to something like that and showing off her BLW skills:D

could i ask someone who has the bible a favour....i've lent mine to a friend who is looking into BLW and i just needed a little reminder of salt intake guidelines....i.e most in one meal or daily intake please if someon has 5 mins to check for me :):)

sara

xxxxxxx

I certainly couldnt' last with cooking everything from fresh everyday so Aisling gets some 'naughty' things now and then too! :D And what is it with men throwing babies about just after they've eaten, my DH does it all the time :dohh:

Sorry to hear about the choking incident indy, that had to be scary :hugs: It may be that if you feel you need to take a break that you feel comfortable working back up to it but it's got to be something that feels right xxx

Sorry Sara, mine is in Aisling's room and she's asleep - no way I'm taking the risk!! :lol:

Sorry Sara, mine is in Aisling's room and she's asleep - no way I'm taking the risk!! :lol:

LOL no dont!!!:D i'm not desperate, just if someone had the bible to hand and had 2 mins to look it up :D

And what is it with men throwing babies about just after they've eaten, my DH does it all the time :dohh:

Mine, too! :dohh: I'm forever saying:

Daddy, that is a good way to get milk spit up all over you!

and he is forever going;

Oh yeah, oops. :shy:

:rofl:

Pizza's mentioned in the bible as something which ok as a once-a-week kinda thing, just not suitable for every day.

We had cheese on toast for lunch (first time V's tried it) and she loved it :thumbup:
We had a very cheesey day actually as we had a chicken pasta bake for dinner and my god she demolished the topping and pasta yet again haha. Her spring onion was just a soggy mess once she'd finished and her cucumber stick got a good gnawing too lol.

Oooh I almost forgot!! I've been raising my arms and saying 'finished?' to Violet when I'm pretty sure she's had enough and then take the tray away from her. I then get her to open her mouth so I can check for any food still in there. I mentioned the other day that she's randomly put her arms up a few times but tonight she stuck her arms right up and opened her mouth wide straight away without me having to ask her! I'm so impressed, I swear that was meant and not just a coincidence! So exciting... Makes me even more impatient to order my baby signing dvd :dance:

That's amazing faille!! I'm going to have to start that with Aisling, really want to do signing. Which DVD are you getting?

Thats so cool faille! Have you been doing it just since she was 6 months? I'm going to start doing it with Freya!

I done it from the start.. It's just a natural thing for me to do lol, I tend to talk with my hands a lot :lol: :blush:

Lu, I'm planning on getting the DVD by Sing and Sign (https://singandsign.co.uk/shop.php) - they do the dvd on Amazon cheaper tho. Really want to get it within the next few weeks and get started!

I just found this (I'm sure you guys have probably already seen something similar!) and it has a dictionary of signs. I'm still not sure how to teach them exactly but it's a start!

https://www.babies-and-sign-language.com/glossary-photos.html

I was initially looking for something exactly like that Lu! But from what I've read, doing a dvd or going to classes is a great way for both LO and parent to learn as it's all interactive.

I've been doing a sleep sign for ages too (I don't know if it's right, I just made my own up lol) and I just do the sign saying 'time for sleepies' when I put her down for a nap.. I think that's the basic gist of it. Can't wait to get started properly though!

I think I'll get a DVD too so it's a fun thing. I've been meaning to start doing something though and your story inspired me to get started!! Think I'll start trying milk, eat and finished and wait for the DVD for the rest :D

HELP!!!!!!!:help: i bought Butternut squash yesterday and i have no idea what to do with it??????? i was gonna roast it as she seems to be doing really well with roasted things as she s kinda sucking the insides out but i dunno if this is possible wth squash??? i've never ever had it before!!!:dohh:

having a bit of a down day.....feel like i should be doing purees and she would be getting more :shrug: guess its just one of those mummy things where nothing you can do is right??

how long did the more experienced babies take to start really eating and not playing??? i think when she really starts eating properly and getting into it things will be alot easier:shrug:

on a good not i made(well i would say i attempted) eggy bread for brekkie, and as soon as i put it down in front of her she proper chucked herself on it and picked it up herself straight away.......gotta be a move in the right direction - think the dogs got more than her like but thats not the point:haha:

Faille thats great!!:yipee:...i've been meaning to try signing with Bug but i have had to wait for classes at my sure start centre as i missed the deadline for the start of the new 'term' :haha:

sara

xxxxxxx

oh and yoghurt...........what kinda yog do you give???? i wanted to let her try a little but dont wanna give her those artificial sweetened things :shrug:

I've given Ruby natural yoghurt, but she's thrown up after it each time so I'm leaving it for a while...

Ruby is still not eating much at all but she's fine. She is 100% capable of picking up all sorts of sizes and shapes of food and eating them, but most of the time she is not bothered about doing so!

Yeah you can do roasted squash, I usually steam or boil chunks for a bit then roast them. It's very tasty and worth the annoyance of peeling, de seeding etc IMO.

I have down days about BLW too. Ruby won't accept being fed so I can't cave in and do purees though, which is a good thing.

Has anyone seen the link from the WHO that Abz posted in the thread 'portion sizes'? I'm a bit worried and totally confused now, my friend who is BF supporter told me that the WHO say LOs can live off milk alone for 1-2 years, and this link says 6-8 month old FF babies should only be given '1-2 cups' of milk a day! So what are they saying, babies should be force fed and denied milk? WTF

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->