BLW if baby won't hold anything?

bjl1981

Reaction score
I have a 7 month old who doesn't hold onto anything. He doesn't hold toys, and won't hold food, so how on earth am I meant to do BLW?!
I did it with my first DS and it was so successful, and now I don't know what to do.
Help!

That's quite a quandry!

Do you try to encourage him to hold things? What does he do if you put a toy in his grip and shut his fingers?

Anyway, if you're really set on blw, what I would probably do is sit and eat right in front of him. Make noise and enjoy the food, exaggeratedly gripping it and bringing it slowly to your mouth.

I'd also bring foods close to his nose to let him smell and let them touch his lips to taste, that might get him interested.

I think I'd work on getting him to hold anything, food or toys, once he's got that down he'll learn to feed himself. Out of curiosity, is he eating anything at the moment? Spoonfed?

I encourage him to hold things (toys etc) all the time, and he lies on his play mat alot surrounded by toys, but the most he ever does is hit out at things. If I put anything in his hand he may hold it for a couple of seconds, but thats it.
We have started sitting him up with us at meal times and putting things on his tray, but nothing. I have attempted to spoon feed him the last couple of weeks, but he doesn't seem at all interested, plus I'm so rubbish! Having BLW DS1 I have no idea about spoon feeding and purees etc!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->