Blw questions!??

kbwebb

Reaction score
Which meal do you start with? What about teaching how use cutlery? And what about meals with food you can't pick up? How can you tell if she's gagging and what do you do? Can you suggest any foods to give at first that doesn't need much cooking etc?

Which meal do you start with?
Whatever is easiest for you or when your baby seems interested. I did breakfast.

What about teaching how use cutlery?
If your baby is eating when you eat (recommended when doing blw) they will start to show curiosity over cutlery in their own time - or demand it in the case of my LO - and you just let them play with it just like they've played with the food.

And what about meals with food you can't pick up?
I've never found a food stuff that my LO couldn't pick up (although cous cous frustrated her so she refused it) she even ate porridge with her fingers, but pre-loading a spoon works for things like yoghurt i.e you put the food on the spoon then hand the spoon to LO to feed themselves with.

How can you tell if she's gagging and what do you do?
Gagging and coughing is normal and shouldn't require you to do anything - it is a normal way for a child to bring food to the front of their mouth to spit out and intefering in this process could do more harm than good. Choking however is often silent, can cause your child to go blue/purple and needs immediate action. You can attend a first aid course to learn what to do or there are free info leaflets produced by many organisations suich as St. John's Ambulance.

Can you suggest any foods to give at first that doesn't need much cooking etc?
Soft fruit like pear or peach, yoghurt, porridge, bread/toast, chuncks of cheese

We didn't do BLW but 2 weeks ago she decided she was done with TW; she basically threw the spoon at me:haha: She will tolerate it if I feed her pasta, but that's about it.

She LOVES muffins. So I make muffins; they're healthy, easy to grab and easy to make because you can just use whatever you have in your house. My favorite is a spiced muffin recipe, with cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. I add yogurt or apple sauce to make it super moist, tiny bit of sugar, tiny bit of fat, and whatever veggie I have, such as carrots or zucchini. And I use water to replace the eggs so I can lick the bowl when I'm done:haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->