BnB Eurovision Song Contest Addicts (BESCA)

Nice one Phexia! I don't really remember the song - but that dance routine is hilarious! :rofl: I bet the words mean something really saucy! :rofl:

Cheryl Baker was a UK entry in 1979, (second on the right), two years before she won it with Bucks Fizz. I remember this. I quite like it. :blush::happydance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viF4rBgnr7s

The closest thing we got to winning Eurovision was in 1999, this is the song that got us second place:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfVEhWRHldY

I hope Yohanna will win it for us :D

One of my favourite winning non UK songs was Israel, 1979 I think. Though the outfits and the hair........oh dear.........:rofl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTi2KwixNjg

Are you serious?! :rofl: I couldn't watch more than a minute and half of that one!! :rofl:

Are you serious?! :rofl: I couldn't watch more than a minute and half of that one!! :rofl:

I was 13, l loved it! You didn't watch the last 30 seconds? Thats the best bit! :rofl:

I'm singing it now. :blush::happydance:

This is one of my fave non-UK winners! They still play it a lot on the radio over here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Uy1HFqNR_8

What time does the semi start tonight? I can't find it out anywhere!

OK i got it! 8pm uk time. Bit late for me though as it's 10pm here :(

I haven't heard any entry at all, not even our one! I just picked Croatia randomnly. :wohoo:

Second Semi-Final Update!

The following countries got through last night ( I couldn't watch it, as DH wouldn't put up with it! lol)

* Azerbaijan
* Croatia
* Ukraine
* Lithuania
* Albania
* Moldova
* Denmark
* Estonia
* Norway
* Greece

Participants who can choose another country:

Annabanana
Cybermum
Neon

Anyone else want to join?

Lord knows how Croatia got through, that is my choice. I saw it for the first time on youtube yesterday.......oh dear..............:rofl:

I still haven't seen Estonia - my choice! Saving myself for Saturday! :rofl:

Im just watching last nights on BBC iplayer as wasnt at home, My choice got through! hurrah! Norway! phwoah he is a bit yummy even if his Eyebrows are a bit bushy lol xx

Im just watching last nights on BBC iplayer as wasnt at home, My choice got through! hurrah! Norway! phwoah he is a bit yummy even if his Eyebrows are a bit bushy lol xx

Has he got a monobrow? Sure sign of a serial killer. :rofl:

I found the thread Magic!!!

What do you mean hubby wouldnt put up with it- phft!! No such choice in this house. Im even holding a mini soiree tomorrow with my fbest friend an her man...drinkies, nibbles..score cards- oh, yes!! :) LOL!! And i made OH out put 15/5 in his diary 2 months ago so he could make sure he was off, ha, ha!!

Anyway- to business...hm...the obvious choices have gone..i personally quite liked moldova (hey, im half slavic so that stuff appeals to me..and nice sprangly mini dress, lol) also thought the albanian girl was a little cutie... (god, i sound all gay (no offence like..but still :)...like im perving..yikes, LOL) I also like the German entry (not a sentence you hear often, ha, ha) and deeta von tease will 'dance' on stage live w/them!!

Eff it, im not gonna win so im gonna go with Albania!! :) its more dancy and i dont think anyone will be singing along in moldovan anytime soon- although towards the end i always do (blame alchol and bbc red button subtitles!! LOL))

Let the Games begin!!!

ps, the 'norwegian' entry...i have it from good, trustworthy sources that he is not quite right..in several ways.. id stick with the mono brow as the simple explanation..just easier that way :rofl:

yay you found us Omi!! :wohoo: Albania it is then!

I'm watching with my mum and dad tomorrow while DH is out at the pub. I think Newcastle are playing too so there is no way he'd be at home! Mum and dad are as sad as me so we will have a great time watching it together - can't wait! :headspin:

BTW dying to know more about what "not right" with the Norwegian!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->