BnB Poler Bears

Wooo Char!

I had a crap night with the pole last night, i managed to do a transition in a spin though.

This is the move i am having trouble with. I honest get fear moving my back leg and i just get left hanging (sore) and dont spin. Its a flipping mental issue. ive had pillows on the floor and i just cant nail it. And I need to for my Level 1 pass. :grr: :cry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4YJDwVedyM

here again

https://www.digi-pole.com/2011/08/intermediate-spiral/

That move took me a long time to grasp. It used to kill me lol. Id be in soo much pain after. In the end I found the only way I could do it was have no fear and fly at the pole with speed haha. Properly fling your top leg at it so the rest of you follows. It's probably the move that took me the longest to get!

That is reassuring Beth - i find it kinda weird its on my beginner section myself but hey ho.... I do find walking into it helps.

Some bruises i got from it though!

DH does it with ease :grr: HOW!!!!

I think I'm just gona go for it and get the pole down tonight. Fingers crossed the ceiling won't come down...

Tap the ceiling Hun and try and find the joists x you'll b fiiiiine

Or perhaps not! Seeing as though the poles vanished off the face of the earth...!!!

I've never even seen that spin haha, strange how things differ!

That's what frustrates me, it varies from area to area and class to class

To be fair, I did tell my instructor that I didn't want to do floorwork and spins. I moved straight on to 'tricks' cos I felt stupid/embarrased doing spins etc in front of people :haha: so she probably does teach it, just not to me haha

I reallllly wanna do this! The only class near me isnt walking distance n I dont drive :(

How long have you guys been doing it?

You could do it from home with online lessons. I know Studio Veena are great - you pay monthly or yearly for access and they show you the points of contact to the pole too.

Im only on week 6 lol :haha:

My instructor does home DVDs and you only really need to go in for certification. I just go in weekly though

Oh so I could just do it at home? Is it expensive to get a pole indoors or did you just put it up yourself?

Do you guys just do it for fun/ exercise or are you getting the certificates because you want to teach or something? Sorry dont no how it all works! Ha x

I've been going since January, once a week and have a pole at home too.

If you are going to get a pole, get an x-pole. The cheaper versions (i.e carmen electras one from ann summers etc) are not made for pole fitness, they aren't safe for inverted moves etc.

x-poles come in several different versions, different finishes and have static and spinning poles. My chrome spinning pole cost £200 new but they are often on ebay for a lot less.

There are loads of videos/tutorials online to help you out. Check youtube and you'll find 100s!

Thanks ill have a look at those x poles! It looks pretty hard tho my arms are so weak ha I just get so bored with regular exercise n stuff

Dont worry about your arms! Hell, I couldnt even physically lift myself off the floor standing and holding on. I ache, it was dire, i thought I'd never manage. I recovered, and the week after, I progressed.

And thats really what happens. Totally do shit, ache, and then you can do it. :rofl:

I agree though, don't go for anything but an Xpole. Have a look at the sizes and types, but the static Xpole Sport in Chrome starts at £149.99. (we dont use spinning mode really at our classes)
(I went for Titanium gold as its a bit "stickier")

bbkf, when i started i had the weakest arms in the history of the world, trust me, it will build up!

I still have very little muscle in my arms but i'm doing ok with the 'arm moves' now..

1013033_209198962564186_199183554_n.jpg
397400_195273243956758_2022268784_n.jpg

Wow id be scared id drop on my head haha I just found a class closer to me its every Thursday £9 is that generally how much lessons cost?

Ours is £7.50 for an hour and a further hour is £5. I think it depends on the instructor, where they hold them, what they offer. There's pole fitness/dancing/bit of both.

I haven't landed on my head lol, they won't make you do anything you're not ready for.

My instructor charges £10 for 1 hour, £35 for 4 one hour sessions and £65 for 4 weeks of unlimited lessons. She runs 10 classes a week so I can really get my moneys worth out of £65 if i choose to do that.

You won't fall on your head. You can usually catch yourself before you fall lol. I've fallen once and it was out of trying something i knew full well i didnt have the strength for at home :haha:

I've never properly fallen, but have slipped. I've also tried a move where I was glad I had someone behind me to catch me lmao. Can't remember what it's called but you climb the pole, hold on by your legs at the top and just fling back. Didn't work lol.

We had a move re named the Lisa bone crushed though... :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"