BnB Poler Bears

£65 unlimited sounds fab! I like that!
I have my class tonight. I normally make a point in not poling the night before class because i normally ache but I gave in last night and something weird happened - on Tuesday night I couldnt do a flipping thing and thought I should really give in. Last night? I was spinning much better, getting round the pole more and easier, and managed to do that flipping Baby Curl a few times with no pillows on the floor :rofl: DH looked shocked too, he could see the difference. I managed a few Level 2 moves too so I was quite chuffed. :happydance:

That class is tonight and I reallllly wanna go but dh dad is being a dick and wont have her for 1 extra hour even though hes not doing anything else:( hopefully he changes his mind and I can go!

Bribe him? Beer? :rofl:

I pay £50 a month for unlimited lessons but only go twice a week at the moment.

Well done AP that's brilliant!!

I get 5 lessons for £35 online so it's not a huge saving (maybe £2.50) but saves me looking for flaming change :haha: We have a lot of lessons available a week so we can drop in most nights. I am scared to see another instuctor though!

£65 unlimited sounds fab! I like that!
I have my class tonight. I normally make a point in not poling the night before class because i normally ache but I gave in last night and something weird happened - on Tuesday night I couldnt do a flipping thing and thought I should really give in. Last night? I was spinning much better, getting round the pole more and easier, and managed to do that flipping Baby Curl a few times with no pillows on the floor :rofl: DH looked shocked too, he could see the difference. I managed a few Level 2 moves too so I was quite chuffed. :happydance:

Don't give in, just work on something different if you can't 'get' a move.
I have spent 9 months trying to get the Cupid and finally it's just clicked, ive done nothing different etc i can just do it now haha.

What are your level 2 moves? Well done :happydance:

i know I know but sometimes I think, is it ever going to happen, and then, somehow, it just happens one day. its so odd!

Level 2 is not much harder than level one really, some of the moves are piss easy if you have a dance backround as there is a little bit of floor work. And a few "extended" moves and transitions in spins.

That cladd was cancelled today anyway so I didnt miss out n I spoke to my ex and he said he will have my daughter every Thursday so ill have my first lesson next week! Yay im excited :) I can join in the conversation next week of how much pain im in and how bad I suck haha

:rofl: but yeah you have a scheduled plan now!

Tonight was a quiet one, just three of us, and the instructor seemed pretty impressed tonight. She could see I was managing level 2 moves already, and was urging me on to nail my level 1 certification. I mean, omg, already :wacko: this is week 6 :haha:

I did go home feeling like I had achieved something.

I have a disgusting bruise behind my knee and thigh though. Yuck

Youv done really well seeing as its only been 6 weeks impressed! Do you pay for the certificates what are they for just to say you can do everything in that level? Where do you guys have your poles at home? Id love to get one if I enjoy it but just dunno where the hell id put it!

We don't do levels so I don't know what I'm doing.
Today I did a V hip hold...OUCH! and I don't know what it's called but where you hold the pole in a twisted grip and put your other hand on the floor and flip over.
I also managed I think it's called a straight edge (inverted with legs straight) and held it for quite a while :)

We don't do certificated levels either.

My pole is slap bang in the middle of my living room. You can see it when you open the front door which is *interesting* when the postman etc knock :haha:

Ha funny! Hopefully ill have room for one when I move ee im looking forward to Thursday now but im scared everyone else will be really good if theyv had loadsa lessons n ill be wayyy behind! what do you think shel make me do on my first lesson?

I had two quite bad falls last night. One from straight edge, just fell completely off the pole, didnt hurt myself though. The other i was dismounting, slid halfway then crashed the rest, landed on my face and really bruised my cheek :'(

Oh god Char! Glad it wasn't worse though if you know what I mean?

I think we do certificated levels because its a "school" as such and you can go on to be a instructor ykwim?

This week I have been concentrating on the dancing side of things while I let the bruises heal. Its a White Stripes dance that puts dear Kate Moss to shame (although a lot would really :haha:) Really enjoying that, its been soooo long since I done dance routines!

I hope your cheek heals quickly!

My shoulders are aching so much today, my instructor got me to do shoulder mount about 5 times after I first managed it :lol:
I need to start working on routines really I am going to be doing a showcase next year, I've got my song picked and a few ideas for moves but don't know how it will all go together.

Thanks RedLily and I know what you mean AP. Because I video all my pole sessions I got both falls on video, they look quite funny but bloody hurt :haha:

From this week I'm starting 2 lessons a week, mon evening and weds morning so hopefully by tomorrow morning I will feel a bit less sore haha

Is it your shoulder RedLily or your fleshy neck/collarbone bit? The fleshy bit is where shoulder mount hurts me most, it's a right bruiser for me!

What do you all do about bruises? I've been using arnica cream but I'm sceptical

I just ache all over really :haha: The fleshy bit is more tender but my shoulders are aching lol. I've only got a very slight bruise actually. My left shoulder is really sore but it's not my better side so I probably did it more awkwardly. I just need to work on my shoulder muscles more I think.

I haven't been doing anything with my bruises. They don't hurt and I don't really wear clothes that show them so I haven't been too bothered.

How's everyone been getting on?

I managed to aerial invert today :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"