Body playing tricks on me...

They were 10mlU/ml. I don't really know what that means. I used superdrug tests today, don't know their sensitivity. And don't know how sensitive the ones at the doctors are?

I think the ones you buy in superdrug/boots etc are 25mlU/ml. That could be why you got positives on the cheapies and negatives on the brand tests xx

They were 10mlU/ml. I don't really know what that means. I used superdrug tests today, don't know their sensitivity. And don't know how sensitive the ones at the doctors are?

It means they will detect levels of hCG as low as 10mIU/ml concentration (10 thousandths of International Units per ml). On average you'll have an hCG concentration of about 25 mIU at 10 dpo (doubling approx every 48 hours). Some supermarket tests will be 25 or 50 mIU/ml so more hCG is needed for them to detect it, but I think tests you get at the doctors are usually 10 (maybe the ones they used were less sensitive though? Your ICs really did look positive) x

Oh! Just looked up the sensitivity of superdrug tests! 50! That's a whole 40 more mIU/ml than the sensitivity of the cheapies that I used and got :bfp:s on!! Guess I shouldn't rule out pregnancy just yet!!

Do you have any more ICs? Just wondering if you might get a darker line on one tomorrow morning. If there's something wrong with them you wouldn't expect lines to keep getting darker x

Do you have any more ICs? Just wondering if you might get a darker line on one tomorrow morning. If there's something wrong with them you wouldn't expect lines to keep getting darker x

That's exactly what i was going to suggest. If the superdrug ones need the hcg to be that much higher then it could just be too early for them to detect it. If you test with a cheapy again tomorrow and it gets darker then that would suggest it is positive after all xx

I don't have any more tests and can't afford to buy any. I get paid on Tuesday and by then I should have the results back from microbiology. Just waiting now.

If it wasn't the weekend i'd post you one of my stash lol xx

Hi tasha, I used the superdrug tests last week, I pretty sure they are also 10mui as I had a good light line on those and very light lines on two different brands of IC's (unfortunately they never got any darker, it was a cp)

Hope you get your answers soon, all this waiting must be worrying!! xx

Hi tasha, I used the superdrug tests last week, I pretty sure they are also 10mui as I had a good light line on those and very light lines on two different brands of IC's (unfortunately they never got any darker, it was a cp)

No the superdrug tests that I were using were 50mui - I found it here. The cheapy that I used (suresign brand) were 10mui.

I am not going to test again. I am just waiting now for the results on Monday. x

ooh soooo exciting, what did the doc say then, does he reckon u are or not?

The doctor wouldn't take me very seriously because it had only been 24 days since my last period when I got the positive. She did agree that the test I had taken was positive, though (but she took one and it was negative! :hissy:). So it's just a case of waiting for the lab results to confirm either way. No sense guessing.

No the superdrug tests that I were using were 50mui - I found it here. The cheapy that I used (suresign brand) were 10mui.

I am not going to test again. I am just waiting now for the results on Monday. x

Ahhh, yes, great website - thanks! The ones I used looked slightly different to those, mine had a pink lid. I'll buy some more as I quite liked them & the line was a lot clearer to read than on the IC's, just a shame mine didnt stick.

Hope you get the result you want on Monday :) xx

Ooohhh! I am SO happy right now!! I went for a walk as my tummy was killing me and I thought uncurling from my ball, stretching my legs a little and getting some fresh air might help. So, out of curiosity (and the temptation to be naughty and spend money we don't have until Tuesday on a pregnancy test of the the same sensitivity that I got my previous bfp on...) I thought I would take a wander down to our local pharmacy and see what the sensitivity of their pregnancy tests was. I picked up the cheapest test they had (£4) and took it to the counter. I asked the lady what sensitivity it was but she didn't know (except for telling me that the pack said it was 99% effective! lol) so I explained my situation and told her my story of using a 10mIU test and getting a positive and using a 50 and getting a negative, so she called over a manager as I think it was all getting a bit technical for her! He came over so I told him my story, too and he really knew what I was on about - he couldn't find the sensitivity of their cheap pregnancy tests but said they were probably 25mIU. HOWEVER, he then said, "Hold on I'll just have a look at the tests I have out back..." and came back with a dippy test and said, "Yup these are 10mIU - Just what you're looking for!" I asked how much and he said it was FREE! Wohoo! (He even gave me a nice little leaflet aimed at teens who don't know what to do because they have had unprotected sex and are scared and confused??? LOL AAAAAANNNNND - A free pee pot!! Wohoo! lol)

All I need now is the self-restraint to wait until tomorrow morning before testing! I can't wait to see what happens!! :wohoo:

Taking bets now: positive or neg? :D

Hehehe I've been saving my pee for 4.5 hours now... 3.5 hours to go!!! :happydance:

And my GOD I need to pee!!!! hahaha I even made a ticker for the occasion! lmao

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->