Boiling water?

F

FierceAngel

is it recommended that we do this until they finish formula all together?

and if you have stopped when did you stop iykwim? xx

we kept boiling it until she was off bottles all together. I'm not really sure when/if it's supposed to be stopped before than

Yep, always make up the formula with boiled water cooled to about 70 degrees otherwise the water won't kill the bacteria that can be present in the powder...

so lo cant have tap water unless its boiled at all for bottles?

what i mean is this:
regular occurance in my household i boil the kettle and leave it to cool go back to make up her days bottles and some so and so has had a cup of tea and reboiled the kettle :dohh: so now the water is boiling..

when can i say put 4ozs of the boiling water in with 4ozs of tap water so its not too hot if tht makes sense!

and is this the same for say her ceral or the water in her sippy cup?

i used boiling water all the way through, but he started drinking regular tap water when he was 6 months after starting weaning and tooth brushing ( hmm that's odd - ah well)
however i poured the boiling water straight into the bottles and then put the lids on and left them to cool to room temp on the kitchen side and then just mixed the formula with the room temp water when he needed it ( if lo dosnt like room temp you can always just top up 1/4 of the amount of water you need with freshly boiled to make it the right temp - actually when he got to about 7oz in a bottle i found i need to do this to make it mix properly , i think because there was less shaking room in the bottle ?)
just a thought, worked well for us :)

I would have thought that non boiled water after about 6 months as a drink would prob be ok ( not too sure tho) but when it comes to powdered formula, the issue remains of needing to make it up with water over 70 degrees to kill the bacteria that can be present in the powder. Lots of people don't do this though...up to you. Personally I wouldn't.

Yeah i think what Claire says is right the water for formula deffo needs to be boiled for sterilising purposes, i wouldnt mix it half and half personally.

But drinking it mixed with juice etc should be ok

what i do sometimes is boil a kettle and keep some cool boiled water in a bottle to the side then when it comes to making the bottle mix half cooled and half boiling and it is the right temp!

this is what i ment but the other way around i didnt use plain un boiled water then top up with boiled it was all previously boiled so that the bottles remained sterile, any bacteria dont have time to multiply if you are feeding straight away :)

why do they say u have to wait 15mins? i always boil it, then make the bottle straight away? i have hardly ever waited 15mins first

x

so the boiling water dosnt burn the milk powder i believe :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->