Bonfire Babies!! **DRMGDLOOoooooo**

Grumpster back sleeping (in my bed, but that's another story and its getting late lol)

so...

Liz -hope you and Dylan are recovering.
Chelsie -how's the weaning going with you hun ? Funny we both took the plunge same day lol xx
Gemma -your new pics of Libby on Fb are so gorgeous -making me all broody again haha
Neen - hurtling towards half way point hun woohoo!! --need to go and check my siggy is still correct haha (sweet potato)
Lori -hope you and Grace are well

Love to all xxxxxxxxx

hola!! as handy manny would say!! anyone else watch handy manny? I even enjoy it! He speaks english and spanish, v. educational... its on disney playhouse. anyways. just a flying visit, just put dylan down to sleep. he did 12 hours last night! yay, and he didn't wake up crying either which was really nice as I really like it when going in and wishing him a good morning and him smiling back at me.

we've been weaning now too, with a brief stop last week when he was ill so I guess its been about 3 weeks now. started with baby porridge but got quite frustrated with that as even when I followed directions it wasn't the right consistency and was more runny which made me think I might as well breast feed him then feed him this runny crap! still haven't found a good breakfast porridge mix... so he had apples/bananas from ellas kitchen this morning and he LOVED it!! its the first packet thing he's had and even I think its soo yummy, we had a couple free samples from the baby show, but I think I'm hooked now. but going to keep making home made stuff too.

well xmas shopping going well, not too many to buy for here, and then I want to make xmas cookies to give to neighbour and couple friends... plus i am so excited, going to put our xmas tree up next thursday on thanksgiving... well at least thats the plan now, dh says its too early but american tradition is that from thanksgiving its acceptable to put up the xmas tree & decorations... plus then I'll know what I need decoration wise and can go shopping!! got this really cool yankee candle gingerbread man holder which is my fav decoration at the minute!!

anyways, hope you are all well!! xxx

You are so right about the consistency of the baby food- I started on baby rice and it says 10 spoons of milk to one spoon of rice mix - no way lol -I do about half that in milk and he loves it, going to go baby food shopping tomorrow as we have had 3 days of baby rice and time for a change.

Glad you are feeling better.

As for crimbo decorations - I will not put up ours until about 12 days before (probably on the Sunday so will eb 13 days this year ) -just a tradition in my house lol but there are lots of ppl around here with their decorations up already lol -I LOVE it so I cant wait haha, I am going to see Santa and his real reindeer next Saturday -Ben still a wannabe believer- agrees with his non believer friends to keep face but secretly still wants to believe and is scared t osay otherwise incase he doesn't come haha.

xxx

We love handy Manny too xxx

Morning ladies & little people!

Well it's 6am & I'm wide awake but Ruby's asleep, brilliant!!

I went to the doctors with her yesterday, she has had blocked tear ducts pretty much since birth & every now & again it turns into an eye infection, we noticed on Wednesday that at the corner of her left eye was very red & her eyelid too. My GP said that this will likely continue until she is 1 as until then thy wouldn't be prepared to do anything as she'd have to be under gen anaesthetic if they did :( so I'm really hoping it just sorts itself out with age! The eyes are def itchy as she rubs them now she can & after a nap they are so gunky :( we have more eye drops to clear up this infection but he sale expect a lot more. He also said that I'm lucky I'm not trying to put her in a nursery anytime soon as he thought I might struggle to find somewhere which would take her, poor Roo the outcast!

I spoke to him about her constipation as well & he suggested 1/2 tsp lactulose in her am & pm feed and see how that goes. Yesterday afternoon I then went to a weaning talk & mentioned my concerns that weaning would block her up even more & the HV agreed & said if the lactulose hasn't worked by Wednesday go to baby clinic there & she'll refer me to a pediatrician about trying easier digest milk. She's on aptamil comfort now & it doesn't make a difference!

So that's all our woes out the way!!

In nicer news we have switched to a 4 hour feed schedule which is fab, Roo way prefers it & actually yesterday was a new record & she tool 25oz in a day!! So I'm thrilled; it has helped her morning naps as well but for some reason her lunchtime nap she keeps waking up crying & most definitely still wants to be asleep but isn't & nothing I do settles her, it took me over an hour of pacing yesterday to send her off again & she was asleep for another hour so def tired! Very odd!

Today a school friend is visiting from Oz so meeting her for coffee & this afternoon I might go & get Ruby's footprints done at a pottery place near me.

Next week I'd really like to take her swimming if it's not too cold! How long does Dylan last in the pool Liz?

Xmas shopping is going well for me too, I did most of it in september so I'm not too poor next month & that's worked very well! I only have a couple more to buy & I'm done! So excited to give Jody the photos of Ruby when she's 6 weeks as she looks sooooo different!

Donna - sounds like weaning is going brilliantly for you! I'm going to start this weekend! Very exciting!

Liz - I'm glad you're feeling better & Dyl's is back to a 12 hour sleep, makes such a difference doesn't it!

Lori - I hope Grace is enjoying her jumper Roo!

Chelsie - glad weaning is going well for you too.

Gemma - how's little Libby? Your fbook photos are gorgeous!

Neen - ooh that Baby Bead is coming along very quickly indeed!! Can't believe almost halfway, how did that happen!?!

Well ladies, hubby is back from the dog walk so I'm gona get up & join him for a cuppa. Hope you all have a fab day xxxxxxx

When we go swimming he goes in the pool for 30 minutes... and he is starting to love it!! he never cried really but never was happy either, but last couple weeks he has been all smiles!! it's so great!! This session just finished but we've signed up to go again after christmas. In the meantime they have open swim so might pop in to do open swim, as the swim teacher is there to offer guidance. Only downer is we haven't got underwater photos yet, the photographer kept cancelling for the last three weeks so they are going to call us to organise something when the guy can actually make it.

well off to feed dylan some breakfast.. .think i'm going to use another sachet this morning of ellas kitchen, apple and banana, so yummy, mummy has a taste too! he is in jumperoo at the moment watching mickey mouse hot dog dance on playhouse disney... my new fav channel!!

side note, does anyone know how to make pictures smaller sizes so can post on bnb? someone told me before but i've baby brain and forgot!?

xxxx

I opened mine in paint and then shrunk them and saved as a jpeg, seemed to worked

Im feeling pretty down and being pretty hard on myself, have decided to switch to express feed and formula as bfing just isnt working with the nipple shields and my supply is suffering and libby wont latch on still. Have started on aptimil and i think its making her constipated :(

I opened mine in paint and then shrunk them and saved as a jpeg, seemed to worked

Im feeling pretty down and being pretty hard on myself, have decided to switch to express feed and formula as bfing just isnt working with the nipple shields and my supply is suffering and libby wont latch on still. Have started on aptimil and i think its making her constipated :(

Oh hun don't torture yourself, just remember everything you're doibg is what you know is right for Libby. I found the same when I introduced Aptamil so if I was making a 3oz bottle I'd only use 2 scoops of powder, I hope that helps for you xxxxxx

Gemma, how you getting on now hun? How the feeding going?

How's roo's poos? (say that 10x fast!!)

well i'm officially wtt and have been lurking there for the past week or so.... dh not convinced though. I think personally for us more benefits to have them close together...

Hi girls, just a quick question! How much weight did you gain in your pregnancies? X

I think a little more than 3 stone... and that wasn't full term!

Hi ladies
Well I am stuck home today waiting on 2 parcels and Dawson is not appreciating it lol - wee grumpster when we dont get out lol. At least he is mobile now in his baby walker and this has helped greatly with his frustration lol. He scoots about the livingroom and even into the hall now, pulling all my washing off the radiators and books off shelves haha:haha::haha: time to properly baby proof
We had his third jags on Tues and the wee soul was miserable :(
Glad that's them for a while. Hate seeing him sad.

How's all the weaning going?
Have to laugh, I got a weaning guide through the post from aptamil and states 'day 1 and 2 of weaning offer the tip of a spoon of solids ONCE 'Omg Deej was scoffing down his first mouthfulls lol - we are now on 3 meals a day( only about third of a jar each time though) and half a banana a day. Am sure he'd take more too, if offered haha. According to the weaning guide ' week 2, offer 2-5 spoonfuls once or twice a day' lol.
Sadly though it hasn't helped his sleep :(
Still awake about midnight, 3ish, then 7ish; on a good night.

Liz- I am so jealous lol - i have been perusing wtt forums too lol; even though i know i shouldn't / couldn't have another lol And am sure 4 is plenty anyway haha - just real sad that I'll never be pregnant again, feel the baby move first time etc.
Happy thanksgiving btw ( Is that correct haha 'happy' preceding it ??lol)

Nina - wow nearly half way, looking forward to reports of your fab perfect scan results tomorrow. How's the bump coming along now?

Xmas shopping almost complete here now, and lots wrapped too - I LOVE xmas time, all the cheesy xmas songs, and movies. My 8 y.o. told me last night that Santa's not real- so that's kind of sad but Deej has years n years of believing so that's a consolation.

No snow here thankfully(not yet lol), I love it to look at but dont fancy struggling with a pram in it and hate driving in it too. DHis so excited as he is a snowboarder and the pistes look fab already with a fab season predicted too grrrrrrr- home alone days for me ahead lol. I have bought him a new board for his xmas so i cant really not let him go and play haha

Hope everyone else is well,lotta love xxx:hugs:

https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g100/Gemma85/012-1.jpg

https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g100/Gemma85/013-4.jpg

some piccys

nina i also put on 3 stone :(

sorry u cant get out liz, we have escaped snow till tomorrow apparantly, i cant bear to go out at the moment anyway, its too hard without a car x

Oh Gemma she is gorgeous -how much they change in the first few weeks.

Can hardly believe Dawson is walking (well in his walker lol) talking (babbling and cooing anyway) and eating already. Sigh!!! Soon be off to school and not needing his mummy so much Sigh!

xx

Thanks for the thanksgiving mention Donna, yes it is 'happy thanksgiving'. I've kind of grown accustomed to not celebrating it as having not celebrated really for 5 years and having to work every year, but today I cooked some ham and veg and had a nice sit down with hubby and even gave dylan some of the veg and mash. It was nice but I'm thankful all the time not just on thanksgiving and the history (I'm no history buff) but the history behind thanksgiving I dont believe is the happy happiness its made out to be... ANyways!

Weaning going good here, Dylan is a gobble gobble, I hear you Donna, Dylan would not have just one spoonful, we're doing 2 meals a day at the minute, brekkie and tea and he has 1/2 pouch of ellas kitchen stage 1 stuff, or some of my homeade mush and a banana or avocado slices or cucumber. He's loving it all. Started giving him juice too the last couple days with his meals and he's liking that to... I just use like 1/10 juice and then top it up with cooled boiled water.

xmas shopping is going well too, have gotten a couple amazon bargains the last couple of days, got hubby a wii guitar hero after he found his new north face jacket and I had to let him have it early... had to get him something to open xmas morning!!! we've never 'done' xmas before. have always tended to get 'house' gifts as we share finances have never seen the point, but this year I want him to have quite a few gifts under the tree so he can be surprised at what santa has left him and Dylan... and I got myself a breadmaker today that I'm going to wrap to myself and put from santa.... hehehe, just in case hubby doesn't do to well in the present department.

Cant believe how much Libby has grown already, so cute!!

Going to see my friends baby tomorrow am, so excited... I made her a nappy wreath like I did for my other friend... I need to post a picture of it when i download them, its just soooo nice if I do say so myself!!

well off to do a fitness dvd... going to try to get a move on here with the weight! grrr

xxx

O, and Chelsie, I'm going to put up my tree this weekend!!! I can't wait!! I'm going to wrap gifts and get them under and then take some photos of Dylan to put in our xmas cards!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->