Bonjour !

Gizz

Reaction score
Hello !

My name is Gizz and I'm french, I'm married to a Yorkshire guy ;) and we're currently living in France, but not for long as my OH is feeling homesick. We're planning to come back to England by next spring and I thought I could start getting use with English forums :happydance:

I'm the mum of two little devils named Noah (4) and Liam (2) and I'm 23 weeks pregnant.

I apologize for my english and the mistakes I might do :blush:

Talk to you soon :)

https://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj268/Anita665/tt1352736fltt.gif

For me it's the other way around. I'm English and my partner is French. We live in England but he wants to move to France.

Nice to have an answer so quick :D

Are you keen to move to France ??? Where about would it be ?? I love England, but I'm really scared to be a 1000 miles from my parents (we live in Povence ), I've lived in England before and after a year I had to go back to France, I was young and felt really homesick.
I'm afraid to not be able to handle it this time as well but I have to do it for my husband, we have our family now, I hope that will make things easier...

Welcome Gizz, my mum has a small bungalow in France and she plans to retire there. She absolutely loves France, the culture and the way of life and attitudes.

I hope you'll be very happy in England! If not perhaps you could return to France in a few years?

XXXX

Hello, Gizz! :wave:

Your english is not bad from what I've seen so far. In fact, It's probably better than mine! :rofl: Congrats on your pregnancy and welcome to the forums :) x

Thanks for your welcome :) I realise that my english is not as good as I thought ;) I found it hard to take part to the forum but it's good exercise for me :D
I feel well here, just need to get use to all this new vocabulary around the pregnancy !!!

Nice to have an answer so quick :D

Are you keen to move to France ??? Where about would it be ?? I love England, but I'm really scared to be a 1000 miles from my parents (we live in Povence ), I've lived in England before and after a year I had to go back to France, I was young and felt really homesick.
I'm afraid to not be able to handle it this time as well but I have to do it for my husband, we have our family now, I hope that will make things easier...

We would be living in Gerardmer, south of Strasbourg and Nancy. It's actually a small village near there but Geradmer is the nearest town. The problem is I speak very little French and find learning languages difficult and it's such a small, icolated place that there's just about nobody who speaks English either. :dohh:

I understand Anita. When Andrew and I moved to France (in 2001) Andrew didn't speak a word of french (he took German and Russian at school ;)), it's been hard for him as nobody around us spoke english (even my english was awful :rofl:), and know he is fluent !!! When you are in the country you pick up quick and with a kid it should help even more :)

I understand Anita. When Andrew and I moved to France (in 2001) Andrew didn't speak a word of french (he took German and Russian at school ;)), it's been hard for him as nobody around us spoke english (even my english was awful :rofl:), and know he is fluent !!! When you are in the country you pick up quick and with a kid it should help even more :)

It's really good to know someone else had issues with it too! Luckily for me my partner is fluent in English but he isn't very understanding about how hard I find it to learn French. He thinks it should be easy and I'm just being lazy. :dohh:

Salut! Je suis Anglaise mais j'habite en Alsace, pres du Bale dans la Suisse.

I know my written French is much worse than your English!! I learnt when I was an Aupair and didn't take classes, I really should. Anyway, we're moving to the UK for 1 year and then maybe back to France, or Spain, not sure!

Alors, bienvenue a BnB et bon chance :)

Biz

Bienvenue! I'm french Canadian :) Enjoy your pregnancy! x

It's really good to know someone else had issues with it too! Luckily for me my partner is fluent in English but he isn't very understanding about how hard I find it to learn French. He thinks it should be easy and I'm just being lazy. :dohh:

French is really hard to learn, even for french ;) You'll learn it better once you'll be in France :)

Fairie said:

I know my written French is much worse than your English!! I learnt when I was an Aupair and didn't take classes, I really should. Anyway, we're moving to the UK for 1 year and then maybe back to France, or Spain, not sure!

Alors, bienvenue a BnB et bon chance

Biz

Well for what I see your french is good ;)

Thanks again for your welcome :hug:

Welcome!

If you get stuck with anything, just ask. We're a friendly bunch of people and always willing to help people out with anything :)

Congratulations on the pregnancy :D

xx

Alors, bienvenue a BnB et bon chance :)

Biz

Yikes, you're really close to where OH's family live!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->