Book recommendations for a six year old

Sarah Lou 80

Reaction score
Just wondered if any of you with older children than me could recommend a couple if good books for my nephew for his sixth birthday? His mum is a primary school teacher and has probably come across a fair few in her time so maybe something slightly differently?

Any help, much appreciated.

Roald Dahl books? the BFG & Fantastic Mr. Fox are two of my son's favorite books.

He liked the Andy Shane series and it's suitable for early readers. There is also Geronimo Stilton series.

My DS will be 6 just after Christmas. I have some of the colour editions of Roald Dahl for him.
I concluded he was getting too big for picture books but not ready to read Dahl himself. So we can use the colour editions as a bedtime story.

Callum is enjoying horrid henry books atm and diary of a wimpy kid

I also second roald dahl

The 'How to Train your Dragon' series - Ds loves them, he's 6, (I'm taking it you're meaning something to be read to him rather than for him to read himself?). Ds and I have really enjoyed the Percy Jackson series for books - it's got him into the whole Greek mythology thing and has led us on to some good books about the myths.

I think yes I was thinking of something to be read to him. All these are great suggestions! Thanks guys

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->