Books

Layla

Reaction score
Coby is a book worm, he loves reading books so much.

We have a few of these books that Jase got free with his old job, but now i have found the set and want to buy them for Coby, Jase thinks its to much to spend on books.

What do you think? would you spend that much or am i mad?

https://www.readersdigest.co.uk/nod...oduct&osCsid=cb69f0660f65b732f9cc2b80fb90ae96

x

i would as chloe and callum both love story time, but i would however keep them out of reach as theyve not yet learned tht books are for reading not tearing!

these ones are hard carboard so you cant rip them, they are really nice books, plus they double up as a floor puzzle coz on the back of each one there is a picture, they are shaped to lock in to each other like a jigsaw if you get what i mean.

I love them

x

:blush: oops i opnly looked at the name and the price of them lol, i have spent in all about £300+ on books for kids, and all teh 1s tht r tearable etc stay in my room for a bedtime story, i think this wud b a gr8 investment hun :D cud do 4 new baby and u cud keep them for ur grankids ;)

cool :)

Im hoping if enough people on here agree with me then Jase will give in and let me buy them lol

x

I would get them! We've got ella the pete rrabbit collection which is £85 paying in bits though! dont let her loose with these thoguh all her other books are ripped! Ella is a book worm too, we must have spent a fortune on books she has so many, I think there worth the money though great for their development!

well me chloe and calum agree :D so thts 3!

is tht not on the offer where u can pay it up? i seen BFC offering tht on a few sets recently!

i would wait till hes abit older and get books he can read for years and wouldnt get to old for them

Jack has this set, still wrapped up though at the moment LOL
It is a lovely set to keep and i like it as its not just stories it learning them as well.
Emily has the Peter Rabbit collection in the box
I honestly don't think blokes see books in the same way as us, i have hundreds in boxes in the attic and it drives Ant mad!!

*Jase stop being tight*

you never get too old for books, I love reading Ella's books to her and even when she jumps off and stops listening I have to read the story to the end lol! me and Ella count as two so thats 5 of us

It is a lovely set to keep and i like it as its not just stories it learning them as well.
I honestly don't think blokes see books in the same way as us, i have hundreds in boxes in the attic and it drives Ant mad!!

*Jase stop being tight*

I agree most bloke dont see book like us! Dave is really good though, especially as I work in the evening he always reads to Ella, which surprised me at first lol

i would wait till hes abit older and get books he can read for years and wouldnt get to old for them
what i thought too, if we spend 85 quid on books i'd rather get lot of differant ones aswell

*Jase stop being tight*
its got nowt to do with being tight(it is alot of money though) i have saved books for the kids to read in the future that are in the loft. much to her distain. so your utterly wrong in your assumption :p

i think he'd wreck them like he's starting to do to the ones we have of the set at the mo. like i said i'd prefer lots of differant sorts too, he'd have a more varied collection that way :)

what i thought too, if we spend 85 quid on books i'd rather get lot of differant ones aswell

its got nowt to do with being tight(it is alot of money though) i have saved books for the kids to read in the future that are in the loft. much to her distain. so your utterly wrong in your assumption :p

i think he'd wreck them like he's starting to do to the ones we have of the set at the mo. like i said i'd prefer lots of differant sorts too, he'd have a more varied collection that way :)

stop being sensible and buy them lol

haha see that worked, he doesnt like being sensible!

:)
Your right it is a lot of money i apologise for calling you tight:p, but saying that i think it is a great collection to save, he''ll get years of differant learning from them

Please forgive me for making such a rash assumption against you Jase
I bow down to you and your loft full of books

Sorry to say my kids won't read mine for a long time as they would scare the hell out them lol

stick to that idea , you could get a whole bookcase full of different decent books to last him for all ages

i agree its alot of money for 1 set of books, alana does have the beatrix potter box set but it was a pressie. I want to buy alana lots of books but as kids go through phases of which toy is best etc i rather have a selection rather then just Noddy.

sorry if it come across as being blunt, i just meant like kids seem to change with is the fav character. well i know i did when i was little lol

Your right it is a lot of money i apologise for calling you tight:p, but saying that i think it is a great collection to save, he''ll get years of differant learning from them

Please forgive me for making such a rash assumption against you Jase
I bow down to you and your loft full of books

Sorry to say my kids won't read mine for a long time as they would scare the hell out them lol

lmao! hes a cheeky git isnt he Jo! im glad you took it as a joke, i was worried you might take offence to that but he was smiling when he wrote it lol

And yeah he is right, i will buy them anyway lol, Coby has loads of books and im always on the look out for more, im going to teh charity shops today to pick up some so he does have a good selection.....not just noddy!

But the noddy set is good, its stories as well as teaching so i will buy them at teh end of the month :p

x

I think they are a bit over priced but then again i tend to get ewan books for car boot sales, then i dont worry about him wrecking them, he loves looking at books and reading.

I'd keep a look on ebay or even have a look on amazon they might have the same cheaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->