• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Boots disney heffalump Melamine Weaning Bowl

mrs_h

Reaction score
Just a quick note to anyone who has purchsed this bowl. Please don't use this in a steam steriliser or stand it in hot water to heat food as it will cause the coating to crack and peel. There is no warning on the bowl other then to not use in a microwave or dishwasher so you would assume that a steam steriliser would be safe, but it isn't. Luckily I noticed that the coating had cracked as I was stirring dd's food, otherwise she would have ended up eating it. I have referred this matter to Boots some time ago and made them aware of the potential danger but as far as I know the product is still on sale with no updated warnings. I just wanted to let you know as I would hate for anyones child to be hurt in any way because of this.

Tbh I wouldn't put plastic weaning bowls into a steam steriliser unless it said it was safe too not the other way round :confused: plus if a dishwasher is no I'd definately not use a steamer it would be more than likely to melt in the steamer than the dishwasher!

Things like this are perfectly fine and made for washing in tap hot soapy water & rinsed!

When they get to the age that they're using bowls and plates, there isn't such risk.. so I believe that thoroughly cleaning and rinsing plates/bowls/cutlery in soapy water is sufficient.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->