Born 24 weeks and 4 days

Hiya,

As a Father who has been through pretty much the same thing I know how helpless and lost you feel , I did not know what to do to help my partner when our little one was born early. There is no "manual" to tell you what to do or how to feel and it is very stressful and traumatic in the early days. But just take one day at a time ,there is a light at the end of must seem to you, at the moment, to be a very long tunnel.

We never thought back then that our little one would beat the odds with her brain meningitis and be so healthy, albeit delayed in meeting her milestones but we are confident she will get there in the longrun. she is doing very well for a baby given a bare 1% chance of surviving the infection, or being severely disabled if she did. My point is, never forget that the Doctors do tend to give the worst case scenario so whatever happens always try and remain positive however difficult it may be and never give up hope. Other than her moderate hearing loss and needing a bit of physio to help progress her movement she is great and no real problems.

Anyway her needing hearing aids is no worse than my needing glasses due to being as blind as a bat. We got her really cute pink ones.

Anyway, If you do need to chat to another dad, whom went from no grey hair to the George Clooney look over the 15 weeks our Princess was in NICU/SCBU (which my O/h quite likes so maybe not such a bad thing) then please do not hesitate to contact me anytime.

All the best Alasdair

Aww she is beautiful...keep us all updated :hugs: xx

oh gosh ladies,u av all done fantasticley,and the strenght within u must be so strong :hugs:

SURE ur little babygirl will b strong and healthy hun,times strenght to these babies,be strong,if u every need 10min were all here for u :hugs::hugs:

Just saw your post! Thinking of you all, and i hope that each day comes with fantastic news and progress.
I'm sure she will be a little fighter and do so well

:hugs:

Alex, she's beautiful!!!! I wish you all the best!

I am just reading you posts about your baby.. i hope that your daughter is doing better with every day that passes!!! Being 24 weeks and 2 days now i am worrying that i will go into labour anytime now.... fingers crossed that my baby stays where she is but reading about your girl gives me hope that everything will be fine if something does happen.

She is in my prays and dreams!!!
-xox-

thinking of your family and your baby....hope she continues to improve with every passing day

Congrats on little London! Hope things are continuing well. All the best for 2009!

How is londo? i hope you and your family are well and little london is thriving.
Thinking of you xx

Hi hun,
been reading through your posts and just like to say congratulations on your beautiful early baby girl! She is a beautiful strong little girl and i know she will pull through for her mummy!!

How is she and you today? xxxx

thinking of you all, she is beautiful and will do her mummy and daddy proud every day

what amazing early baby before and after stories, they are all beautiful children!

Baby London is so beautiful and sweet. Congratulations to you! May she blossom and bloom. :)

Congratulations on the birth of little London. I hope she gets stronger and stronger every day.

xxx

Wondering how you are doing? How is your LO? How is Mommy?
The NICU is not a fun place, I can't even imagine what its like to have such a helpless and tiny child, but the little ones seem to have the most drive!
My LO was born at 32 +5. She's still in the NICU, but doing well.
Just wanted to send a little love to you and yours, I know how important support can be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->