Born in 1974...

Thats interesting I have heard good things about Soy but not really sure what its supposed to do.

It depends on what d'ya you take it, either 1-5,2-6,3-7,4-8,5-9 I took it 3-7 so I'd get many eggs of better quality rather than taking it later and getting one fab egg released (or that may be if you ake it earlier, I can't remember) ......so in 11 days I'll know if it's twins or not!! Lol

Hi Glitterdiva - congratulations :) what dosage did you take? i remember i have tried it before but i cannot remember what the recommended dose is. also did you go with the holland and barratt ones or others?

Yep holland and Barrett.
80 mg (2 tablets) days 3,4,5
120 mg (3 tablets) day 6
160 mg (4 tablets) day 7

I thoroughly believe soy was a godsend. We'd been doing everything right for 10 months, wed even just been for fertility tests at the docs cos the docs thought it was odd I'd not even had a scare whilst being on the pill for all those years, AF was also practically none existent for the whole time we were ttc, so I thought I was menopausal (my nan was 35) and I've had hot sweats for 9 yrs but 2 days before DH was due to he hid results we got a huge surprise!! It was the only thing we did different that month outta the previous 10. Oh apart from not stressing about ttc!! That last month I just thought aahhhh bollox to it I'm not stressing any longer, I only took
A digi test cos I'd had 14 wees that day at work and AF wasn't due for another 3 days, I certainly wasn't expecting a bfp!!

Yep holland and Barrett.
120 mg (3 tablets) day 6
160 mg (4 tablets) day 7

I thoroughly believe soy was a godsend. We'd been doing everything right for 10 months, wed even just been for fertility tests at the docs cos the docs thought it was odd I'd not even had a scare whilst being on the pill for all those years, AF was also practically none existent for the whole time we were ttc, so I thought I was menopausal (my nan was 35) and I've had hot sweats for 9 yrs but 2 days before DH was due to he hid results we got a huge surprise!! It was the only thing we did different that month outta the previous 10. Oh apart from not stressing about ttc!! That last month I just thought aahhhh bollox to it I'm not stressing any longer, I only took
A digi test cos I'd had 14 wees that day at work and AF wasn't due for another 3 days, I certainly wasn't expecting a bfp!!

Wow that's fantastic. So were you having issues with short cycles then? From wot I've read soy can lengthen ur cycle bcos it contains phytoestrogens (which is why it's commonly used in menopausal woman). But if ur cycle is regular length then u might mess it up by taking soy. But for girls who want to increase LP etc it does the trick....

Sounds like it was the magic pill for you!

Yep holland and Barrett.
120 mg (3 tablets) day 6
160 mg (4 tablets) day 7

Thank you x thats such a wonderful result. I have 28 day cycles generally with regular ovulation but wanted a stronger chance of bfp. If i try it again i will try 5-9 but will leave it fir this cycle i think. If i do i will use your dossage...thanks again :flower:

Very quiet in here girls... Anyone in, or about to enter the 2ww? I'm due to Ov on Monday (fingers crossed!), so ill be in the 2ww from then on...
Anyone else around to join me???

Yep holland and Barrett.
120 mg (3 tablets) day 6
160 mg (4 tablets) day 7

Wow that's fantastic. So were you having issues with short cycles then? From wot I've read soy can lengthen ur cycle bcos it contains phytoestrogens (which is why it's commonly used in menopausal woman). But if ur cycle is regular length then u might mess it up by taking soy. But for girls who want to increase LP etc it does the trick....

Sounds like it was the magic pill for you!

I had normal 28 day cycles with ov from day 9-16 so I thought bugger it I'm just gonna take it anyway seeing as I couldn't pinpoint exact day of ov and rarely fit a +opk

Hi I'm a 1970 (november) gal, hope it's okay if I follow along.:flower:(going back to read through-catch up.) I should be doing laundry but this more interesting.:shy:

edited to add: Oops, I'm an idiot, I didn't notice that you said for 1974s for TTC#1. If I have anything to add that might be helpful I'll chime in. Please accept my apologies for being a 'buttinski'! lolz

Hi I would like to join this thread. We have been ttc for one year and we just did our second iui 6 days ago so I am in the tww. I'm trying not to obsess because I am currently needing to put my energies into getting a better job.

But I also need support from others my age so thought I would join here.

Hi, haven't been on here since 11th April when I let you all know I was in the tww after our 1st cycle of IVF.
I'm so so happy to let you all know we got a BFP, we found out a week ago today. 2nd bloodtest showed a huge rise in HCG so all is looking good.
I hope you all get a BFP very very soon, good luck everyone xxxx

Fantastic news, Lyghtning! This is such great news. I'm so pleased to see another 74 gal with a BFP.

Wishing you a super happy & healthy pregnancy! xxx

It's been a long time since I've posted here but wanted to let my fellow '74 borns to never give up hope!! Got my BFB yesterday After 18 months of trying!!!

It's been a long time since I've posted here but wanted to let my fellow '74 borns to never give up hope!! Got my BFB yesterday After 18 months of trying!!!

Congrats! It sure has been quiet around here, so I'm glad to hear any news, especially some good news! :thumbup:

Congratulations Lou.

There is always good news to give hope. I am almost 32w preggo and doing pretty well. Have a wonderful H&H 9 months Lou.

Congratulations Lou!!!
Wow yes it has been quiet in here, any other BFP's????

I'm now 20 weeks pregnant, half way there.

Good luck 74's

Hello!

Am I too late to join this?! I'm a 1974 girl and just about to embark on the journey to TTC my first baby! Its great to see so many others of my age here. I feel like I've left it a bit late to start trying but never been in a position where I've felt so happy and ready before now.

I'm looking forward to reading back over the thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->