Bottle Brushes

bambino156

Mummy
Reaction score
Just a quick question! Do any of you ladies sterilise your bottle brushes? If not, how do you keep them clean and avoid them going smelly? x

I dont. I use fairy anti bacterial liquid to wash the bottles then I wash the brush with it, keep it upward to dry. xx

ETA: & I change it every 2 mnths

i sterilize mine and keep a freezer food bag over them keep them cleen when not in use.
i also keep dummies in planstic food boxs milk containers in plansic food boxes. and all sterilized bottled. i also steriliz all the boxes i think i might be obsesive but it works haha.

I've put mine in the dishwasher a couple of times, but that might not be a good idea as mine broke this afternoon :dohh:

I dont. I use fairy anti bacterial liquid to wash the bottles then I wash the brush with it, keep it upward to dry. xx

ETA: & I change it every 2 mnths

This is what I do too :thumbup:

I used to just give mine a good clean with washing up liquid, and sterilise it once in a while.

As an alternative though, you can use boiling water and rice - half fill the bottle with water and put in a handful of rice - pop the cap back on and give it a good shake. I used to use this when I had left a bottle for a couple of days (ewww, I know!!) and wanted to make sure it was clean - then sterilise it as normal afterwards.

i can see no point in sterilising a bottle brush :shrug: all you are gonna do when you use it is stick it into dirty bottles

obviously keep it clean, i always rinsed mine out with hot water so there was no milk residue, but sterilising would be a waste of time imo

I would sterilize my baby bottle brush after I finish bottle washing. I think it is workable to reduce bacterial growth on the bottle brush. And that can help me to avoid brush getting mildew and smelly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->