bottles with weaning/meals

princess_bump

Happy Wife & Mumma!
Reaction score
i've kind of ask the same in formula feeding but i'm so confused and could do with some advice and thought more people would see this, and its not really confined to just formula feeding if you no what i mean!

anyhow hope its ok mods to post this in here too :blush: please move if not :blush:

anyhow maddi is currently still on 4 x 7oz bottles of formula - one with each meal and one at bedtime, she is now over 9months and i do offer her water/juice in beaker throughout the day but i'm wondering if i should drop the lunchtime bottle and just offer juice/water?

she's trying with the beaker but she's not the best at it :blush: but do keep trying, but i'm worried she'll get dehydrated!

help! what do/did you do with regards to dropping bottles, tbh i'd rather not drop them, but at the same time i no she's getting older now :blush:

help!!!!!!

Firstly, I don't really think you should feel like you HAVE to drop bottles if you're happy to keep going with them. I think HVs and Drs might pressure you to but if Maddi is happy and gaining weight normally then it's not doing any harm her still having 4 bottles a day.

If you do want to drop one I'd just suggest offering a snack that you know she likes and will eat. She might not even notice it's gone. Alasdair didn't.

As for the beaker thing, I had to try so many before Alasdair finally settled on one. Have you tried a few? It's a pain buying them and stuff - I think I tried 4 before Alasdair settled (on the cheapest one might I add!) She's probably using the milk to quench her thirst so she might drink more if you don't give her the bottle?

Chloe still has 4 bottles but I have reduced them slightly. She has 5 oz at meal times and 7oz before bed. I have no intention of dropping on until she does it herself.

Having said that, evrything is messed up at the moment as she is still poorly!

Firstly, I don't really think you should feel like you HAVE to drop bottles if you're happy to keep going with them. I think HVs and Drs might pressure you to but if Maddi is happy and gaining weight normally then it's not doing any harm her still having 4 bottles a day.

If you do want to drop one I'd just suggest offering a snack that you know she likes and will eat. She might not even notice it's gone. Alasdair didn't.

As for the beaker thing, I had to try so many before Alasdair finally settled on one. Have you tried a few? It's a pain buying them and stuff - I think I tried 4 before Alasdair settled (on the cheapest one might I add!) She's probably using the milk to quench her thirst so she might drink more if you don't give her the bottle?

thank you sweetie, such good advice :hugs: yep i have tried around 10 :blush: and i think we've finally settled on one, though i have another to try today :blush: i have tried giving her juice before her meal yesterday and she drunk around 3oz, which was good, so she does seem to be getting used to it, but i agree, i'll just see how she goes with regards to dropping it and you're right, the pressure from the hv doesn't help! thanks again sweetie, i'm not going to worry too much about dropping it and go with the flow :hugs::hugs:

Chloe still has 4 bottles but I have reduced them slightly. She has 5 oz at meal times and 7oz before bed. I have no intention of dropping on until she does it herself.

Having said that, evrything is messed up at the moment as she is still poorly!

thanks sweetie, :hugs: i agree with you, i want to wait till maddi was ready too :hugs: hope chloe feels better soon :hugs::hugs: x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->