Boxing Day ideas

george83

Reaction score
Years ago we used to spend Boxing Day with my dad’s family, more recently we’ve been for a long walk to a pub and back home again. This year I want to do something special to drag out that Christmas feeling, do any of you lovely ladies have plans that you’d share to help inspire me please? TIA

We usually spend Boxing Day at my sister's house where we have a smaller Christmas dinner and play various card games/video games etc. I'm not sure if it'll be happening this year as with two new babies in the family plus two new partners there would be sixteen of us and her house isn't that big!

If we are no longer doing this i think I'd like to have a wee family day just the four of us with a mini Christmas dinner, movies, playing games and, if the weather is dry, a long walk with the dog. (We see all family on our rather hectic Christmas day) Growing up, Christmas was always about a couple of lazy days spent in comfy clothes, eating tasty food and playing with our new presents. I'd be interested to hear what other people get up to on Boxing Day too. Any good traditions?

Normally we just spend the day at home just us four (we tend not to do any travelling Christmas day/boxing day and it's always just us, maybe BIL if he is in the country)

DH may be working this year (triple pay and we need the ££) so I was planning to drive to London with the girls and see my family. We normally go the day after boxing day but I may go earlier rather than be home alone.

My extended family get together on Boxing Day. Someone’s house on rotation (my turn this year), big buffet, lots of booze, it get competitive over some game of one of the kids. We do Boxing Day as both me and my sister dont like moving our kids around and my mum likes us all to be together. It will be odd this year as one of my brothers won’t be there for the first time as he will be at his fiancés family in Liverpool.

Love all of these!

I actually prefer boxing day to christmas day some years, my gang and I, plus my 3 siblings and family's head to my mums and we have all the leftover, have a drink, play some kids games then out comes just dance. Amazing times we've had, the best by far was when my poor dad was giving it his best dad dancing and punched mums chandelier right off it's fitting. The kids love it too. This idea we are hoping to fly off to Cyprus on boxing day so we shall see. Xx

I always go to my cousins house on boxing day to see my family. There's turkey with homemade chips, pickles, beetroot, cakes etc.

One year we went to the in-laws for a buffet as we hadn't been to them on Xmas day. Mostly we just have a quiet day. Sometimes I do sale shopping early on and we might go for a walk. The girls like staying home and playing with their toys. We went to panto once, but usually go the day after, as it spreads things out a bit more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->