Breakfast problem and Nursery

BethK

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My LO doesn't eat breakfast. She has a 7oz bottle at 7am which is as soon as she's up and dressed. She really wants this bottle and cries for more once it's gone so i don't really want to stop her having it yet.

I take LO to Nursery at 8am and she goes down for her nap at 9.30am. I've tried giving her breakfast at home before 8am but she's not interested.

The Nursery she goes to don't offer breakfast, only snacks at 10am, but she's asleep, then lunch at 11.45am.

The Nursery have said if i take in her breakfast then they will give it to her at the time i specify but the problem is she's just not interested. The only thing she will do is maul a couple of fingers of toast or pick at a couple of shreddies but it's not worth their time just for that or me sending bread/cereal and milk just for her to pick at. Also they feed her in the dining room as the other kids would want it if they saw it so that means they're down a member of staff while Freya sits and picks.

Is it ok for her to miss breakfast?

Would be easier if she ate porridge but she hates the baby stuff.

I would think it is fine is she eats the mid morning snack and can make it to lunch without having a meltdown. You said she has her bottle as soon as she is up and dressed, would it be worth giving it to her a bit earlier, maybe as soon as she wakes up? Abigail has her morning bottle when she wakes up about seven, then gets up, washed and dressed and then goes for breakfast. The effort of getting up and ready might make her a bit more hungry for some breakfast. Either that or you could try reducing her milk ever so slightly and putting more in her cereal, but if she refuses cereal then that might not wprk. Would age maybe eat some fruit, like a banana or something?

Could you ask the nursery to save some snacks for her to eat when she wakes up from her nap? It's a bit off that she misses out just because she is napping.

zakk is similar but my nursery offers breakfast for when they arrive. i would send him armed with breakfast- ie yoghurt and fruit.

:)

I would think it is fine is she eats the mid morning snack and can make it to lunch without having a meltdown. You said she has her bottle as soon as she is up and dressed, would it be worth giving it to her a bit earlier, maybe as soon as she wakes up? Abigail has her morning bottle when she wakes up about seven, then gets up, washed and dressed and then goes for breakfast. The effort of getting up and ready might make her a bit more hungry for some breakfast. Either that or you could try reducing her milk ever so slightly and putting more in her cereal, but if she refuses cereal then that might not wprk. Would age maybe eat some fruit, like a banana or something?

Thank you! :) I will try giving it to her when she wakes up and see if that's any better. Unfortunately she won't eat fruit except oranges but she doesn't have them in the morning as they stain :(

Could you ask the nursery to save some snacks for her to eat when she wakes up from her nap? It's a bit off that she misses out just because she is napping.

I would but she naps from 9.30 till 11.30 and they serve lunch at 11.45

zakk is similar but my nursery offers breakfast for when they arrive. i would send him armed with breakfast- ie yoghurt and fruit.

:)

Would yoghurt be ok for breakfast as she also has it for lunch?

I've got hte same thing, he's just not interested in breakfast just his milk.... but if he does get hungry inbetween I just give him a yoghurt :)

I've got hte same thing, he's just not interested in breakfast just his milk.... but if he does get hungry inbetween I just give him a yoghurt :)

Thanks :). I'm hoping maybe when she either drops the nap or pushes it back then she'll be more interested.

lol the morning nap is an awkward one if they have a bottle first isn't it?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->