Breast feeding in public? Your views?

nip will never become normalized if you shove it down people throats.

I missed a little of this so I am curious if I am one of the people shoving it down anyone's throats. What counts as this? For example, if I go to a cafe and do not take the seat in the corner because I'd rather sit in the front (say, in the sun) but my seat is next to other people (though there are other seats empty), is that? Or if I feed her in my truck and someone pulls up next to me and sees? Or the one time I had to feed her next to an elevator because that was the only chair I could find, so many people came and went?
Or is it a matter of how much boob I show?

Seriously I am not prodding the argument, I am wondering if I'm "one of those people"? :) I wonder if this is the same argument that the gay community has in SF, maybe I'm the one that's dancing around in assless chaps and don't even realize I'm being offensive? (so to speak, don't worry)

no, no! i was meaning leaving your breasts out for all to see. or not caring about others around you. nip is a great thing, i just think if you are to blunt about it, it will scare alot of people away. you have to gently introduce it to them:)

no, no! i was meaning leaving your breasts out for all to see. or not caring about others around you. nip is a great thing, i just think if you are to blunt about it, it will scare alot of people away. you have to gently introduce it to them:)

I have to say, in all my life, with all the people I know who breastfed their children, I have never seen someone leave their breasts out for all to see. Never.

Sure some people want to be a bit more discrete than others, but I've never seen someone just sitting with their whole boob out without a baby attached.

I think NIP would be a lot more popular with men if women sat around with their whole boob out and no baby attached to it.

I think NIP would be a lot more popular with men if women sat around with their whole boob out and no baby attached to it.

Hahahaha so true. Although I'm pretty sure then it's just 'Naked in Public'.

But "blunt" and "discrete" are open to interpretation. Some people think that nursing in public is blunt, period. So if we're saying that we need to take other people into consideration, why NIP at all?

I really don't care if someone is upset that I'm nursing my baby WITH A COVER at a restaurant. If they think I'm ruining their meal or something absurd like that, then that's their problem. I'm not going to hide away in my car every time I take my baby out.

But where you do you draw the line? As I said earlier, some people think using a cover is less discrete than just popping your shirt down, so people may have a problem with THAT level of discretion. You're not going to please everyone and trying to sounds like a lot more effort than it's worth.

I have no problem with a woman feeding her baby however she sees fit, and I seriously doubt very many people walk around with their boob hanging out for 5 minutes once they've finished feeding so I'm not sure why we keep coming back to that.

Im begining to think im the odd one out, why is it me that only gets the women that leave their boob out for the shock reaction :) yet another reason to find a differant job, they all aim for my resturant :)

Im begining to think im the odd one out, why is it me that only gets the women that leave their boob out for the shock reaction :) yet another reason to find a differant job, they all aim for my resturant :)

That's so weird, I've honestly never seen anyone do that. In fact I have only ever seen a woman's nipple while she's breastfeeding maybe 2 or 3 times. I worked in a family friendly restaurant for 8 years and never saw it there!

ETA I don't think there's anything wrong with flashing a nipple anyway - it's not like it can be helped sometimes, and I refuse to believe that anyone does it on purpose. They might not care that they flash a nipple while latching their baby, but I don't believe anyone does it purely for the point of doing it.

The story about it is back on page 5 or somthing so long ago and yep she did it on purpos, even said she did.

I just realised maybe its somthing to do with our work tshirts saying check out our buns :)

Yeah, but it's such a extreme example, I'm not even sure it's got a place in this debate because if she did indeed do that on purpose, she wasn't NiP, she was flashing her breast.

and if she'd done it without a baby, on a beach, or in a bar, it probably wouldn't have been considered unacceptable by the kinds of people who normally complain about breastfeeding.

I dont see why it doesnt have a place, the debate was about public breast feeding after all wasnt it and she was breastfeeding in public wasnt she?

The problem with saying people should NIP discreetly is that for some members of the general public any NIP is not discreet enough. So whose idea of discreet do we go with? My mums colleague didn't like to see anyone NIP at all.

Also the ladies calling for discretion, have you ever seen a woman flopping her boob out with reckless abandon?

Sometimes I forget to put my breast back in my bra so I have one teenage looking, held in place breast, and one mother of two breast halfway down my top..... No one seems to say anything though :rofl:

Is it considered discrete if I shove a blanket over myself and my son whilst I attach him so it's blatantly obvious what we are doing but no one can see? Because I do that a lot, it's just easier for me to get him attached like that. I'm not making a scene, it's just what I do lol

This thread just makes me so sad that I don't breastfeed anymore, I miss it so much :( even the forgotten boob flapping in the wind...

:rofl: I'm not stopping BFing until I can afford to have another baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->