Breast feeding in public? Your views?

https://wonderfullymadebelliesandba.../throughout-time-throughout-world_28.html?m=1

I also think it's interesting how it's only since formula has been widely available that bf should be private.................... Guess that's another debate altogether.
X

I don't know what's wrong with me but a woman feeding her baby doesn't make me think sex lol

When I see a woman breastfeeding I think, "hell yeah, you go super woman, you grow a baby with your boobs!!"

Not, "oh my God, I bet her husband sucked on them last night!!" :shock:

It doesn't make me think sex either. This isn't about sex. I don't think sex when I see a woman giving birth either but I'd rather not watch it in all its detail. I just don't want to see a whole breasts. It isn't because it offends me it isn't because I have hangups about sex or because I'm a pride it's because I don't want to see them. I don't change bras in front of my friends I certainly wouldn't do something I wouldn't do in front of my friends in front of complete strangers. People need to stop making it out to be like you can't be pro BFing and pro nip if you are also pro being discrete

It's really hard to care about what's going on around me when my son is crying :shrug: I wouldn't show my nipple on purpose, but I bet in one of his fits he has come off, pulled the blanket with him and I've exposed myself more than I'd choose to.

I don't agree with that woman flashing her breast at a teenager though. That was just unnecessary....

It's really hard to care about what's going on around me when my son is crying :shrug: I wouldn't show my nipple on purpose, but I bet in one of his fits he has come off, pulled the blanket with him and I've exposed myself more than I'd choose to.

This is totally acceptable to me. I've said over and over accidents happen. It's all in intentions. Intentionally not caring a out others is inconsiderate to me. Intentionally showing your breast is inconsiderate. Accidentally, fine it happens.

I don't agree with that woman flashing her breast at a teenager though. That was just unnecessary....

Thank you! That's all I'm saying the shock factor just doesn't do anything good for nip!

Yeah. I do very much feel pushing breast feeding doesn't help as much as people think it does. Doing it is much more beneficial to promotion :)

Love the breastfeeding art!

Intentional breast looks the same as accidental breast and except for when its done blatently you're not going to know the difference.

It doesn't make me think sex either. This isn't about sex. I don't think sex when I see a woman giving birth either but I'd rather not watch it in all its detail. I just don't want to see a whole breasts. It isn't because it offends me it isn't because I have hangups about sex or because I'm a pride it's because I don't want to see them. I don't change bras in front of my friends I certainly wouldn't do something I wouldn't do in front of my friends in front of complete strangers. People need to stop making it out to be like you can't be pro BFing and pro nip if you are also pro being discrete

But WHY don't you want to see them? I think your opinion is really unevolved.

But WHY don't you want to see them? I think your opinion is really unevolved.

Well lets be honest. If you do a survey of the general public do you think more are gonna share your opinion or mine?

So? How is that a reasonable argument at all? At some point the majority of people were probably uncomfortable seeing interracial couples, did that make it okay?

Because ive been discussing what's gonna make BFing normal. Disregarding how the general public feels is not the way to normalize something. And interracial couples and showing no discretion with nursing in public is so not realated

Do you really thinking putting a bunch of people off BFing is gonna help anything. Because when people feel BFing mothers don't care about them or their opinions it not only puts them off nip with no discretion but nip in general and then breastfeeding as a whole.

But its your opinion that being discrete will change things, that doesnt make it true. Just as the opinion that not being discrete will change things might not be right. We dont know.

What we do know though is that forcing the issue has worked for other things in the past (such as gay pride, women being able to vote, women and trousers etc). Have you any examples of where being discrete/following social norm's have changed things?

Thank you! That's all I'm saying the shock factor just doesn't do anything good for nip!

Deliberately flashing your boobs at a teenager has nothing to do with NIP, it has to do with someone being an idiot.

The fact is, the more people breast feed, the more people that are seen breast feeding, even if that offends or upsets some people, the more normal it will become.

The same principle applies to plenty of other things in our society, because our children and their children will know no different and they won't be offended by something they have grown up seeing, it will be normal to them.

We're not going to change things by hiding away. We should be going out there and proudly breastfeeding in public, declaring that we are not ashamed or embarrassed of this beautiful thing that our bodies can do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->