Breast feeding in public? Your views?

K

Kloe

I'm 21 years old and I'm about the person I know my age that isn't disgusted by public breast feeding, is it just ignorance or are people really that against mums feeding their babies in public?

My View:
When I have my baby, if the little one is hungry, the boob is coming out. My child is more important than any judgemental fool. It's a beautiful part of having a baby. If its inappropriate, then so should going out half naked with everything hanging out to pull men at a bar. I know there are dodgy men out there, but it's not the mothers fault if there are perverted men around, there are more perverts in night clubs looking up skirts. Woman should be proud to breast feed. I can't see anything wrong with that. At the end of the day it's just skin, in other places people go round naked and think nothing of it. I'm proud to be a woman, I'm proud of my body, and when I have my baby, I'll be proud to breast feed public whether other people like it or not, there is nothing shameful about feeding the most important person in the world to you. Its not like you're seeing the mothers nipple or anything, you see the same amount off skin as a low cut top. I know I'd want my children to know that its beautiful and natural and encourage them to do the same for their children.

Well that's my opinion, sorry its so long >.<
What's yours?

As far as im concerned if the baby hasnt got a problem with me having dinner in public I havnt got a problem with them in having dinner in public.
I have seen one or two making a obvious thing about "iv got my boobs out and you cant stop me" and tbh making a little bir of a show of themself but thats a rare case.

Yep, I agree with you. I breastfed DD1 for 14 months (til she self weaned) and was never shy about doing it in public. I don't necessarily agree with 'flaunting' it- showing more than needed- but I didnt use a cover either. I really don't see why people have a problem with it!

I really have no problem with it. Everyone I have ever seen do it in public has been discreet and with my friend's I hardly even notice it is going on most of the time! I just don't understand why people kick up such a stink about it. I breastfed ds2 for 8 months but only breastfed out in public once (my choice as I was using the rugby ball position as I've got a larger chest and found it difficult to get comfortable out and about) but I would feed round my friend's no problems.
My main cconcern if I see a stranger feeding in public is to give them their space so they don't feel like they have an audience.

I have no issues with breastfeeding in public, No conditions attached (like covers or tell any one to be discreet to make me happy and no big BUT at the end of my support sentence. I have no issue.

I dont have a problem with it, hopefully I can BF this baby and I will do it in public if need be.

no problems with it, it's not sexual and therefore has no need to be censored. the fact that we are so far removed from our natural instincts is bizarre

I have never seen anyone breastfeed in public. Perhaps it's because people are too scared to do it and don't want the comments that potentially come with it, or maybe it's because women are so discreet with it. It doesn't bother me and it's the most natural thing there is. If I breastfed however, I would find it hard to do it in public. I'm not proud of my body. Luckily I've not had a comment about FF, though I think it's bound to happen.

I came into this thread with trepidation. I'm refreshed to find not a single "against" comment that may have riled me up into polite debate mode!

I BF in public. I have no issues with it. I don't care if the boob is covered or not, if the child is 2months or 20months or 48months. I don't care if someone's nipple is blatently showing.

VERY pro-public-BF, no conditions attached!

I'm did bf my son but not really in public, I just wasn't comfortable and there was always a mother and baby room handy where we could do it without having to faff about being covered. I sometimes wish I had the courage as I think it would help it become more 'normal' I'm all for bfing in public

I'm fine with it; if there is a room available that is my first choice, however.

I've breastfed in public many times and it makes me smile to see other ladies doing it too! :)

I love breastfeeding wherever I am. I won't use a breastfeeding room as I'd get bored and I don't pick corner tables or cover up. I've only had positive reactions so I'm lucky.

I don't care what others do. I just wasn't comfortable in it to do it.

I don't like nip simply because I find it more difficult to get comfortable as I use a pillow at home. I do feel self conscious but have never had a bad reaction. Not sure I'd feel happy doing it on my own though, I've always been with my partner or friends

I don't care if it is done but just be discreet about it. If you don't have a cover, at least TRY to position in a way to keep things at least a little private.
Just as people should respect a bfing mom, bfing moms need to respect others as well.

Hell yeah I feed in public all the time. If people are 'offended' by seeing my baby have a meal that's their problem not mine! There's nothing on show other than the back of his head! I think it's sad that people are made to feel uncomfortable about it, it's a wonderful nurturing thing to do. It should be supported and celebrated as the fantastic thing it is. I'm quite proud for managing to breastfeeding my boy (it isn't easy), I'm keeping him alive with my boobs - I feel like a f-ing super hero!

As far as im concerned if the baby hasnt got a problem with me having dinner in public I havnt got a problem with them in having dinner in public.
I have seen one or two making a obvious thing about "iv got my boobs out and you cant stop me" and tbh making a little bir of a show of themself but thats a rare case.

What exactly is 'making a little bit of a show of themself'? :wacko:

Are women dancing around, waving their breasts shouting 'look at me, I'm breastfeeding?'

When I feed my baby, I am feeding my baby. Sometimes I lift my top up and not much is on show, other times I pull my top down which pretty much exposes my whole breast, the only thing you can't see is what is covered by the baby. I am a 36H, so not small breasted, so it's often pretty obvious to people that I am breastfeeding. I am not 'making a show of myself' I am feeding my baby in the easiest way possible.

Breasts are for feeding babies. It is only in our culture, where we have been conditioned to view breasts as primarily sexual that anyone would think that anyone feeding their baby could be making a 'show of themselves'. This is exactly one of the reasons women should nurse in public, to normalise it. To normalise breasts being used to feed children.

The link pictures a woman breastfeeding in front of the President of Venezuela. I doubt anyone would refer to her as 'making a show of herself' or would you?

https://www.007b.com/public-breastfeeding-world.php

Also, even in cultures where women are covered from head to toe, literally, it is not frowned upon to expose a breast to feed an infant.

https://doublethink.us.com/paala/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/breastfeedingburka.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->