breast/nipple question

vanessa

Reaction score
OK, lots of TMI to come......

I have not had any 'leaks' yet so to speak, but has anyone had something similar to this?:

I seem to very occassionally have a really small amount of stuff coming out of one boob that is REALLY thick and yellowy....and my nipples seem to have a yellowy tinge to them sometimes........

What d'you rekon? sound normal?

Yep, thats colostrum. Mine varies between clear and yellowy but both are normal. I was freaking out my OH yesterday by squeezing my boob and loads came out!!!!! As much as im looking forward to breastfeeding the leaking before baby is even born is grossing me out a little bit...

Isn't colostrum a bit yellowy? I've not had any leakage so I don't know. If your nipples are really sore or unusually red I think I'd worry about infection but otherwise I'd assume it was normal leakage.

sorry i havant had a leakage yet. when will i start or is it different for everyone ? i hope it waits till baby arrives it doesnt sound very nice :)

i agree, sounds normal

if in doubt you could ask your midwife

XX

I haven't had any leakage yet so can't advise, sorry. But I would check with your midwife, just to make sure that it is colustrum, and not infection of any sort.
x

i had very similar to you a few weeks ago but nothing since! I was told it was normal!!!! x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->