Breast pain immediately following ovulation implies no pregnancy?

So this is what I found when I was wondering the same thing. I suffer from sore heavy bbs every cycle. Sometimes right after O sometimes only within a few days before AF. Usually lasting til about the day after AF starts. Can't wait til she shows to get some relief. But you never can tell. 2 cycles ago I had sore nipples from O day on. Wasn't charting yet so can't say that I actually O'd or not. This month the pain was different. It really hurt on the sides, and from I've been seeing on here is that a lot of women have side tenderness near the armpits and end up getting their BFPs so naturally I was hopeful that this meant the same for me. No BFP, and my breasts have gotten more relaxed at cd2, but I guess the side pain was so bad I still have that tenderness. So who knows what all this means.:wacko:

If your breast pain is on the sides of your breasts, this indicates that ovulation has occurred, according to Dr. Jerilynn Prior, a Canadian clinician, researcher and professor of endocrinology at the University of British Columbia. If the pain is in the front of the breasts or over the nipples, this indicates that estrogen dominance has occurred, which may mean the lack of ovulation. If a woman experiences pain both on the sides and in the front of her breasts, this can mean that ovulation occurred but an inadequate amount of progesterone was produced after ovulation so estrogen dominance is still occurring.

Read more: Do Breasts Get Sore When Ovulating? | eHow.com https://www.ehow.com/about_5348559_do-breasts-sore-ovulating.html#ixzz1Y26u8Os8

So this is what I found when I was wondering the same thing. I suffer from sore heavy bbs every cycle. Sometimes right after O sometimes only within a few days before AF. Usually lasting til about the day after AF starts. Can't wait til she shows to get some relief. But you never can tell. 2 cycles ago I had sore nipples from O day on. Wasn't charting yet so can't say that I actually O'd or not. This month the pain was different. It really hurt on the sides, and from I've been seeing on here is that a lot of women have side tenderness near the armpits and end up getting their BFPs so naturally I was hopeful that this meant the same for me. No BFP, and my breasts have gotten more relaxed at cd2, but I guess the side pain was so bad I still have that tenderness. So who knows what all this means.:wacko:

If your breast pain is on the sides of your breasts, this indicates that ovulation has occurred, according to Dr. Jerilynn Prior, a Canadian clinician, researcher and professor of endocrinology at the University of British Columbia. If the pain is in the front of the breasts or over the nipples, this indicates that estrogen dominance has occurred, which may mean the lack of ovulation. If a woman experiences pain both on the sides and in the front of her breasts, this can mean that ovulation occurred but an inadequate amount of progesterone was produced after ovulation so estrogen dominance is still occurring.

Read more: Do Breasts Get Sore When Ovulating? | eHow.com https://www.ehow.com/about_5348559_do-breasts-sore-ovulating.html#ixzz1Y26u8Os8

Um, wow that was really helpful!!!!! You get an A for awesome X

My nipples are usually sore 2-3 DPO. And they are not sore every month. Well, this month they were sore at 1 DPO. They really hurt today. So we will see if I get a + in a few weeks.

Hi Ladies, I am experiencing the same thing here at 5dpo so I thought I'd join your conversation!

I have tender breasts every month, sometimes during ovulation, sometimes after ovulation, and then other times just right before AF. There was one month, I think it was in May or June, where my breasts were so swollen right after ovulation. They hurt badly and here huge! And I've never experienced such pain before, for sure I thought I had succeeded. But sadly, every HPT I took came back negative. It wasn't the month as odd as my symptoms were. The next several months I had tender breasts only right before AF. Here we are in Sept, and I've been experiencing the tender swollen breasts at 0DPO until now at 5DPO. My experience says this is nothing, but honestly I can't help but hope. If this pain keeps up, I just may have a chance. So I embarrassingly admit that I keep feeling them up in hopes they still hurt. lol. It's a long ttw....I hate it. And really, I have no other sypmtoms worth mentioning. This is our 6 mo of TTC and I'm so stressed. Starting to wonder if something is wrong......

Wow, if they were that much bigger I probably would have thought I was pregnant too! Since this is my first month of TTC, I paid close attention to everything! I felt ovulation pains & noticed EWCM on the 10th of this month, then had ovulations pains on until about the 13th/14th, so that was cycle day 12-15/16. I believe I ovulated on one of those days but can't be sure exactly which on because I wasn't temping or anything. The sore breasts is definitely from the rise of progesterone. So since I don't know on what day exactly I ovlated, I don't know my DPO when I started to feel the progesterone rise, but I know I had sore breasts for 9 days before my period showed up right on time this Monday the 26th. Monday morning my breast still were sore, but not as sore as the day before, so this was my progesterone drop, which means AF is right around the corner..sure enough she showed up at 10:00pm. I really am enjoying learning about my body & how to read it. I think I will be able to tell when I actually do conceive because my body is pretty consistent. If my breasts are very sore for more than 30 days ever (my longest cycle is 30 days), I will probably wait like 3 more days and test for pregnancy.

@Trulyoo- I'm doing the same thing! Sore boobs are common for me, but this cycle they are on the sides and seem more painful than normal, although this is my first cycle ttc and I can't be 100% sure. But I said the same thing you did, I keep feeling my boobs to make sure they're still sore lol. The pain is worse when they're touched than when I'm just sitting there.

Well I hope you ladies have a lucky first month! It's so exciting when you embark on this journey but as the months go by you realize that conceiving is super hard! Can't wait for your bfp's. Testing is soon!

I was wondering where this thread went! I am obsessed with checking the girls. Dh loves them after O. Says he loves the way they feel and sit up. Ha ha when af shows its like they just deflate. I took soy this cycle and am now scared to death I'm not going to O. Had all the symptoms. Ewcm, cramps, even the sore bbs and gas that comes right after, but my temps are not going up. Now cm is just sticky/creamy. It's weird. Usually my temps go up fine right after af. This time they stayed down. Cycles are normally 27-30 days. Last cycle was a late O on cd16. Today makes cd16 and not sign of a change.

Yep, your breasts deflate when AF shows because the progesterone dropped, which means you didn't get pregnant...if they stay the same or the pain/swelling increases the day AF flow is suppose to arrive, and a few days after, then you probably did conceive! So that should be a sign :)

That is strange about the soy... I took it last cycle too & I believe I did ovulate..I had the EWCM and the twinges in pulling in both ovaries, but I was not temping or using OPK's so I cannot say what day it was that I actually did.

Today is cycle day 4 for me, and I started again with the soy on cycle day 2. I am going to take them until cycle day six, then I will start with the OPK's and the temping, so I will find out what day exactly I ovulate. But I have read several times on medical articles that your body does NOT make progesterone if you didn't ovulate, so I am pretty sure I am :) so watch for your sore breasts,because if you get them, you ovulated... You must keep us posted!

They do seem a bit heavier and a lil tender. It's hard to tell. Sometimes the change comes immediately following O, and sometimes not for a few days before af. I missed two crucial days of temping and I keep wanting to believe that one of those days is when I O'd but these low temps are bothering me. Usually after O my temps go way up, staying around 98.0 and up. This cycle I can't seem to get away from 97-97.2. Before O I usally have higher temps. This cycle is just weird.

You really should start temping. This is only my second cycle charting. Temping is the only way they say to know for sure if you O because you can have all the symptoms, O pains, ewcm, but they don't necessarily mean O. It can just be a LH surge and your body can gear up to O and not be successful until later. I know, it happened to me last cycle. Even had pos opks but didn't actually O until about 5 days later.

I have sore nipples about 2 weeks before I come on I also get hot n have abdominal pains n back ect always not pregnant lol tho my cycles r all over the place hahah hate Sore breasts especially as they look heavier become more veiny n look darker Grrrr

I feel like it kinda takes the fun out of the tww if you get all the symptoms anyway. Then you spend time obsessing, it's sore breasts but it feels different. Or looks different. Or the pain is in the nipple not the sides like usual, lol! Only thing we can really do is poas.

I don't think breast tenderness that immediately follows ovulation should be a reason to automatically rule out a BFP for that month. Implantation doesn't occur until AT LEAST 5 dpo and most common is 8-10. Your hormone levels will be the same during the first week after ovulation whether you conceived or not.

The hormone progesterone, which peaks after ovulation is what causes your breasts to be tender in the 2ww. This (prog. rise) is going to happen whether your pregnant or not. The reason they stop being sore right before AF is because progesterone takes a nose dive and drops really low. That's actually what causes you to get AF. If you were pregnant, the embryo would take over progesterone production and the drop wouldn't happen. Therefore, your breasts might remain sore.

All that being said, some women don't have sore breasts after ovulation, or as an early pregnancy symptom. Another case of everyone is different.

This topic peaked my interest, because this is the first month ever that my breasts were TERRIBLY sore a couple days after O and still are, but not as severe. Usually they might get a TINY bit sore right before AF, so this is odd. But it was too early for implantation to have occurred, so I know it's not a pregnancy symptom. Although, I don't necessarily think I'm out for this month yet either. I guess I'll know in a week.

I don't think breast tenderness that immediately follows ovulation should be a reason to automatically rule out a BFP for that month. Implantation doesn't occur until AT LEAST 5 dpo and most common is 8-10. Your hormone levels will be the same during the first week after ovulation whether you conceived or not.

The hormone progesterone, which peaks after ovulation is what causes your breasts to be tender in the 2ww. This (prog. rise) is going to happen whether your pregnant or not. The reason they stop being sore right before AF is because progesterone takes a nose dive and drops really low. That's actually what causes you to get AF. If you were pregnant, the embryo would take over progesterone production and the drop wouldn't happen. Therefore, your breasts might remain sore.

All that being said, some women don't have sore breasts after ovulation, or as an early pregnancy symptom. Another case of everyone is different.

This topic peaked my interest, because this is the first month ever that my breasts were TERRIBLY sore a couple days after O and still are, but not as severe. Usually they might get a TINY bit sore right before AF, so this is odd. But it was too early for implantation to have occurred, so I know it's not a pregnancy symptom. Although, I don't necessarily think I'm out for this month yet either. I guess I'll know in a week.

Yep. If you read the other posts, you will see that we figured all of this out already LOL. As far as the progesterone being the reason we feel sore breasts, then it dropping and AF coming etc etc.

And yes, every not every woman feels this from the progesterone rise, I know that of course we are all different! Crazy ladies :)

First month of trying was great.. learned a lot about my body.. Didnt get pregnant obviously, but its cool to know the signs your body is giving you when it is doing certain things. I am pretty consistent, and that is good too.

If mine were ever more sore than normal, or the pain continued past the day of my longest period (30), then I would know I was pregnant, and take a test...

If its unusual, for you for them to be that sore, sounds pretty good :)!! :dust:

I feel like it kinda takes the fun out of the tww if you get all the symptoms anyway. Then you spend time obsessing, it's sore breasts but it feels different. Or looks different. Or the pain is in the nipple not the sides like usual, lol! Only thing we can really do is poas.

LOL yup that is what I was doing, :haha: but I didnt notice anything different.. I wont ever take pregnancy test unless I feel these symptoms for a few days after my period was due LOL.

I wish I could hold out. I'm not as bad as some, but I do test as early as cd7. I just feel the need to get it out my system. Then maybe every other day or two after that. Then when I realize it probably won't be positive I cool out and just wait for AF. Really, I test early to see if I at least will get a chemical pg. I am ttc after a tubal reversal so I just want to know that I can at least still get pregnant.

I wont test early. Because I would be more sad seeing the BFN than seeing AF.. Plus I just wont waste the money. That also would bother me if the test turned up negative lol.

It does make me sad but I get over it. Well at least I have been. I hear you with the money thing. That is why I am out of opks and haven't been using them. When I really can't hold out and I don't want to waste my hpts I run I to the $tree and grab one. Apparently they work just as good, but I wouldn't know that anyway.

Lizzies, sounds like you've accurately summarized it! Yes, logically and scientifically it is spot on as you you've described and like myself, I understand the science behind the sypmtoms at this point. But like you mentioned, this month is a bit different for you. So, aren't you just hoping a tweeny weeny bit that this might be the month? Sigh........every month, I hope is my month. I'm at 6DPO no symptoms yet to read into. I refused to be fooled! Once the girls stop hurting, I know I'll be terribly sad. Who knew pain would be such a welcomed thing! haha.

Anyway, today I touched a pregnant lady. I hope I got some lucky baby dust from her. =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->