Breast pain immediately following ovulation implies no pregnancy?

Just an update... This month I got sore breasts right before ovulation. I have NEVER in my life had sore breasts before ovulation but I did and sure enough got my :bfp:

Just an update... This month I got sore breasts right before ovulation. I have NEVER in my life had sore breasts before ovulation but I did and sure enough got my :bfp:

Congrats hun!!!!

Do you mean after ovulation or before?

Congrats hun!!!!

Do you mean after ovulation or before?

Before. My breasts started getting sore 2-3 days before I ovulated and I was freaking out. I told my dh that something was wrong. I always get breast tenderness at around 10dpo. I NEVER feel ovulation pains and I never get tenderness before I ovulate.

This past cycle I got tenderness 2-3 days before the temp spike on my chart. I was googling breast tenderness before ovulation and its common in some people to get breast tenderness right around that time to prepare for ovulation.

I took a hpt to make sure I wasnt pregnant then because I was going crazy. I also knew I wasnt pregnant before because I was at the doctors office in Jan and we took progesterone levels and my peak was at 12 then it dropped to 9 and the doctor did an ultrasound and saw nothing.

I think for some reason my progesterone went really high this month which started with the early tenderness. In fact right now I just got my results back and I am at 28 for 4 weeks which is kinda freaking me out since it seems to be much higher than it should be at 4 weeks but the doctors office said it was fine.

TMonster,...so this whole cycle felt different for you.

I've just got to wait it out now almost done the tww.

Congrats again.

Yes, the entire cycle felt different. I also *felt* pregnant if that makes any sense at all.

Every past cycle my dh would ask if I was pregnant and I would tell him that I didnt think I was, that I didn't *feel* pregnant. He told me I was being silly and I would test and I was negative. This cycle I told him I felt pregnant before I tested. I was a little nervous to even say it because I didnt want to be wrong and it was just a hunch but I really felt different.

I was so happy to find this thread! Myself and DH are currently ttc no 1, and so far we are still trying lol!! This is really our first cycle to try properly, previous to this we weren't trying, but we weren't preventing if you know what i mean, for about 8 months now and when i wasnt getting any "scares" we decided to be more proactive about it, and i have been tracking my cycle, when i ovulate etc.. But every month before AF i get sore boobs and just before AF arrives it subsides, but this month im really hoping this symptom may mean im pregnant!!Im 10 dpo today..and my breasts are still so sore, and feel heavier, another sympton that i have is sore gums particularly over my incisors?

hi, this is also my first month TTC. i am on CD 21 and am 11DPO. No symptoms, but i know when my period is coming due to slighty sore breasts. i have that now and my AF is due between this Wednesday and Monday the 25th. my cycles range from 23 to 28 days every month. I also read that many women do not have symptoms when they become pregnant and i am sure every woman is different. i would say, like many others, until AF comes, you are not out of the game! I also read that some women do get symptoms, but still are not pregnant. so i guess you just don't know until you test. and don't test too early. wait until you are late. That is my plan.

Good luck to all of you!!! :)

Hi Karenfla,
My cycle is very similar to yours too, it ranges from 23-28 days, which sometimes is frustrating when it comes to ttw! I have to agree with what you said in that until AF arrives - do not lose hope!
Good luck to you and I hope you get your positive sooner than you think :)

I have sore bbs after ovulation, and if I am pregnant that cycle it is a different kind of pain. It will be more on the sides, and more pronounced. Guess I will be testing that theory this month because bbs are hurting in that "different" kind of way since yesterday, i.e. very painful on the sides, sharp shooting pains through bbs, tingling sensation in bbs. I'm 7dpo today.

hi, did u got ur bfp this month?

Hello Ladies,
I am new to this forum.
I was searching for some answers and i found this thread. its good to see lot of frnds with same symptoms, feelings...:hugs:

i am 31 year old. blessed with 2 1/2 year old son, and now ttc#2 since 6 months.
For the first pregnancy i was so lucky that i got pregnant in the first cycle.:happydance:
and i was thinking ttc2 will be piece of cake, and i will get pregant in the first cycle. but i got :bfn: for 6 months. i am so worried and frustrated:cry:

my cycles are usually 27-30 days. I am using clearblue digital OPK and i am getting smilies every month but BFN. i also used bbt charts, but they are not for me, i can't wakeup everyday same time. some times my DS will wake up early in the morning, that day temps will not be accurate, and charts are like moutains :muaha:. so i stopped temping and just doing opks. from last month i added clearblue fertility monitor. it also gave me freaking :bfn:
In all these BFN cycles i got sore boobs immediately after ovulation. they will be firm, heavy and large. the pain stops just before the day AF arrives and gives me the sign that i am out that month.

today i am on cd 28. i usually ovulate between cd 13 to cd 18 but not this cycle. i was loosing hopes of ovulation and to my surprise i got my smiley on cd 22 night. cbfm showed peak on cd 23 morning. i think i ovulated on cd 24. this is very unusual for me to ovulate this late and making my cycle 36-38 days long. today is 4dpo. and one more surprise is, till now i have no sore boobs at all. i donno is this a good sign or bad sign. all past cycles with bfn gave me sore boobs after ovulation. i am just freaking out and so confused :confused: will this be my month??

fingers crossed. and baby dust to all :dust:

Many people assume that when you get pregnant, your cycle should be totally opposite of what you experience when you're not pregnant. But that's not true. It really is different for everyone. For me, breast pain was an indicator that I was pregnant because I still got super sore boobs after I ovulated and now at 10 weeks they're even WORSE. It's always good to track your symptoms and how you feel but don't assume that it automatically means one thing or the other!! Good luck Hun xx

I've also had sore gums and teeth around upper incisors. Did you end up being pregnant Virgo Hopeful? Wondering how many other people have had this as a pregnancy symptom.

I never had sore breasts after ovulation up until last month. Why all the sudden the breasts soreness? So last month and this month after ovulation my breasts are sore. My breasts don't get sore before af. The first time I had sore breasts was when I was pregnant 5 years ago. So when my breasts were sore last month I thought for sure I was pregnant. NOT didn't happen. And now again I am 2 dpo and extremely sore breasts. Not sure what to think. I guess I won't be reading too much into my sore breasts this month and get my hopes up.

I never had sore breasts after ovulation up until last month. Why all the sudden the breasts soreness? So last month and this month after ovulation my breasts are sore. My breasts don't get sore before af. The first time I had sore breasts was when I was pregnant 5 years ago. So when my breasts were sore last month I thought for sure I was pregnant. NOT didn't happen. And now again I am 2 dpo and extremely sore breasts. Not sure what to think. I guess I won't be reading too much into my sore breasts this month and get my hopes up.

I'm in the same boat. DH and I are TTC #1. Before this whole TTC adventure, I thought I knew my body intimately, especially since I've been off birth control for over two years. Boy was I wrong! Before TTC, I would normally have sore breasts and cramping 1-2 days before my period (26-28 day cycle). Like clockwork every cycle.

I've noticed that this doesn't hold true anymore. This past cycle in particular was odd, since my breasts became tender, sore (specifically on the sides) and veiny around 4-5DPO. I never had that happen before, so I was really excited and optimistic! I was even MORE excited when I had spotting around 9-10DPO. Unfortunately the spotting hasn't stopped, the breast pain and veins have gone away, and this morning (15DPO) the Clearblue Advance pregnancy test said "Not Pregnant".

Just goes to show how our bodies change and react differently, especially when you want something so badly.

I'm in the same boat. DH and I are TTC #1. Before this whole TTC adventure, I thought I knew my body intimately, especially since I've been off birth control for over two years. Boy was I wrong! Before TTC, I would normally have sore breasts and cramping 1-2 days before my period (26-28 day cycle). Like clockwork every cycle.

I've noticed that this doesn't hold true anymore. This past cycle in particular was odd, since my breasts became tender, sore (specifically on the sides) and veiny around 4-5DPO. I never had that happen before, so I was really excited and optimistic! I was even MORE excited when I had spotting around 9-10DPO. Unfortunately the spotting hasn't stopped, the breast pain and veins have gone away, and this morning (15DPO) the Clearblue Advance pregnancy test said "Not Pregnant".

Just goes to show how our bodies change and react differently, especially when you want something so badly.

I get this too , on months when we were not trying I barely notice symptoms on months when I am hopeful my symptoms are more extreme, the pregnancy symptoms all has to do with the rise in progesterone in the 2ww though, I figure I just ovulated a strong egg this month.

Hi ladies, im new to this forum so just wanted to say hello and good luck getting ur wishes soon :)

I miscarried my 4th baby 2wks ago when I was 6wks preg. Had a natural mc so everything came away by itself with no issues. Before I even took that preg test I knew something was diff as I had stingy achy boobs all through the 2ww so developed that symptom straight after I must of conceived. I never get achy boobs unless im preg so thats why im a bit confused by whats goin on in my body right now. After the mc 2wks ago I bled for roughly 5 days and had a negative result a cpl days later but since then my boobs have been throbby/stingy and my nipples are sensitive. Could just b left over hormones from the mc but then surely I wouldnt of got a neg result over a wk ago. So confusing xx

I get sore breasts every month from ovulation through to AF. This month has been exactly the same even though I got my BFP. The only difference is that my breasts are now even more sore than usual, I cant sleep properly and it even hurts to wear a bra

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->