Breast pain immediately following ovulation implies no pregnancy?

I used to have the exact same mindset as Whimesy. I keep saying I will NOT test early cause a BFN is more sad than AF. Buuuut....now that I'm only a few days from testing, I'm starting to change my mind and think if I just take a test I then I'll be sad about a negative, but at least I'll be able to move on with my life and prepare more for next month, and stop stressing about this one. I just don't know anymore.

**Bump**

I'm 10dpo (well, technically 11dpo now :D), and have got very sore boobs. Last cycle, they were sore, but I think that had more to do with me constantly poking them. Now, they feel like they're sore even when I'm not poking them (still doing plenty poking, though :haha:), and it hurts on the sides, and bottom. They feel very heavy and full, and my nipples feel sensitive. My boobs started to get sore around 4dpo, but the soreness intensified around DPO8, accompanied with back pain, a LOT of flatulance and my areloas look bigger and darker, and swollen.

Took a digi today and it was negative. Doh. Wasn't with FMU either, and I hadn't held any pee. I am planning to test again on Xmas eve, first with an IC or FRER, then if positive, I will confirm on a digi.

Wish me luck. I'm so desperate for this FX :dust: xx

hi ladies.. I know this is a few months old but this relates so much to me it's unreal!! me and my partner were ttc for a year and a half. every month my boobs would get sore like clockwork, I'd ovulate.. then 2 days later I'd start to feel my breasts getting tender on the sides, then it would get worse until the day before af was due and they'd taper off!! this is how I just KNEW I was pregnant! well let me tell you in october 2011 the same routine I ovulated, me and dh did the deed as per norm, sure enough 2 days later my boobs started to get sore, exactly like every other month. I tested on 9 dpo..BFP!!! kept testing and lines were getting Stronger however my boobs were getting less sore :-/ .. I'm now 11+4 days and they don't hurt at all!!! so pleeease don't count yourself out every month cos you just never know! I had the exact same build up to af as I did every month!! sorry for the s.a lol! good luck with everything

x x x

Thanks for this thread (I know it is a few months old) but Thanks. I was searching the internet for the answer to this question and I just keep finding out everyone is different. I am 1dpo and they are sore on the sides but they usually are so this is going to drive me nuts...always!

Yup, after this question I've learned a lot more about ttc.

Basically, every month after you ovulate, your progesterone starts to rise to sustain pregnancy....whether you're pregnant or not, or trying to get pregnant or not. Our bodies are just always preparing in case we're going to get pregnant. So the progesterone rise is what effects each woman differently, some feel the rise with sore boobs, others get headaches, or fatigue, etc. Well, the symptoms of progesterone rise also mimic pregnancy symptoms because they both deal with rising progesterone...so until you get that BFP, there is no way to tell based on symptoms.

Sometimes, a pregnant woman will have a small sign or two- like cramps earlier than normal for a friend or for me, a bloody nose, but there is really no way to tell without that positive blood or urine test!

Anyway, long story short- you always have a chance! :)

This has been a great thread to read! I normally don't get sore nipples/boobs during the TWW, but this cycle, around 2dpo, my nipples got very sore and are still sore at 9 dpo. Really hoping it's my turn for a BFP!!!

GL ladies!

Since this thread is still going I thought I would throw this out there. My breasts are always tender and sore after ovulation. Last month they were not. Not even a little. And beleive me, I checked. well...guess what...BFP 3days after AF was supposed to come. I started testing at 11DPO and got BFN all the way untill what was supposed to be CD3. I guess in answer to the original question. If your breasts usually hurt or are painfull or swollen after ovulation or just prior to AF or the pain is in a different spot than ususal and then all of a sudden are not, it may be a good sign... Baby dust to all the TTCers.

I'm in the same boat, i was due on Fri or Sat depending on whether i'm going to have a 28 day or a 29 day cycle (like last month). I haven't come on yet and my boobs are not sore, they always get sore within the 2ww and they didn't and still haven't. I'm still waiting for my period to show, been having a few cramps like its on its way though i hope its not :( x

In the past few cycles, I've noticed my boobs have started to hurt, especially as I took off my bra of an evening. This month they don't hurt and I am sooo hoping that it's my BFP!! I'll let you know, fingers so tightly crossed and praying to God!!! xxx

The same thing happens to me every month (or at least the last few months that I've really been paying attention to my cycle), but I guess you guys have already figured out the reason for it. I hate it though because the constant tenderness after O gives me false hope during the TWW thinking the tenderness could be a pregnancy symptom :(

My boobs didn't hurt last month and I thought I was gonna get a BFP. As it turns out, I got one 'bfp', and several BFNs, including a neg blood test. I think I had a chemical or it was an evap.

Now, I'm 12DPO today and boobs are hurting. Not taking it to mean ANYTHING :haha:

hey girls .. im curious about this as well

usualy from ovulation to my af my nipples are really sore but nothing so far and im 3dpo

all ive had the ovulation cramps wich i usualy get and they go away but im still having cramps on and off that kinds feel like af cramps

i hope to get a bfp this month !!

Its like that to me too.. it will be normal to the woman. also its like you are going to be .... :)

Hi everyone, I'm new to the site and had a question? I know that I started to O around April 25 maybe a couple of days sooner. I had cramps that came from my left side that felt like af and my bbs started hurting around the same time and still hurt. Is it possible that I'm pregnant??

ive been having sore breasts since 5 dpo .. my left breast hurts more then the right lol weird

also ive had cramps since

Hi aware this thread is old but came across it when doing some research on breast pain post. I always have spore boobs from ovulation to a few days before AF. This month I don;t have any pain and I am on day 22 of 28 days cycle. I was assuming I may not have ovulated this month (even though fertility friend is showing crosshairs on my chart). Did anyone find out why they did not get their usual breast pain? Was their a problem with ovulation?

Hi soon to be mommies and for wives who are TTC!
my hubby and i recently got married, and we've been TTC. Ever since i started my period, i had regular AF, but just last month, it only lasted for 2 days (instead of the usualy 4 to 5 days). and 3 days after my AF, my breasts became sore. it has been 2 weeks and my breasts are still sore. :( due for AF is next week, on the 26th, and i'm keeping my fingers crossed to get a BFP!

Baby dust to all!

This is not addressed to the women who have no breast pain or whatever after ovulation. This is more of a question about myself, and women who also experience this, and maybe they could share a story or add something that may be seen as informative and useful to me or other women wondering the same thing.

So every month right after ovulation I get sore and swollen breasts, and this last until I get my period. When my breast are no longer sore, I know my period will come within a few hours or the next day for sure.

So now every time after ovulation when my breast get sore and swollen, I figure I didnt get pregnant, and I will have to try again. It makes me very sad. I know that sore swollen breast are an early pregnancy sign for some women, but I read a couple posts on a forum- not a baby forum like this one, but just one where you can ask any type of question - where one woman said she always had sore breast after ovulation, then when she actually was pregnant, she didnt get sore breasts until 2 weeks after ovulation. Another woman had the same experience - no sore breasts which was unusual, and then she was pregnant that month.

Is this common among other women? If so, do you know what would cause this? Like is there a way that our bodies can somehow tell that the egg hass disintegrated, so it starts producing hormones to shed the lining etc, and those hormones is what causes breast soreness and swelling?

And why would those women not have breast swelling and soreness for weeks if the egg had been fertilized? What I am thinking is that the hormones that cause our period is what makes breast swollen etc right after ovulation, and the hcg is what causes breast to be swollen right after implantation.

So basically what I am asking is: Is my body telling me that I did NOT conceive right after ovulation hence the sore breasts etc? Perhaps if so I will not drive myself insane during the 2ww. :haha:

I hope this question makes sense. Would love to hear what you ladies have to sa

Wow this question sounded exactly like the question i've been looking for to be able to explain and make some sort of sense! lol So basically are we not out if we do get the pains in the boobs right after ovulation? I usually get sore nipples for about 2 days and then starts the bad side of my boob pains! Every month when I do experience this I get so angry because I think i'm out 2 weeks before my period.

Since this thread is still going I thought I would throw this out there. My breasts are always tender and sore after ovulation. Last month they were not. Not even a little. And beleive me, I checked. well...guess what...BFP 3days after AF was supposed to come. I started testing at 11DPO and got BFN all the way untill what was supposed to be CD3. I guess in answer to the original question. If your breasts usually hurt or are painfull or swollen after ovulation or just prior to AF or the pain is in a different spot than ususal and then all of a sudden are not, it may be a good sign... Baby dust to all the TTCers.

First off I want to say that I think this is a great thread! I always know when I ovulate because my nipples become sore immediately afterward. The pain gradually gets worse and my breasts get fuller until AF. This cycle, my nipples hurt at ovulation and continued to hurt for a few days, but then the pain just went away! I'm CD 8/9 now and my breasts are a little fuller but not sore at all so I can't help but wonder if that's a good sign??

Would love to hear some more opinions on this!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->