Breastfeeding Mom's TTC

Oh wow, that's a long time not nursing. Did you need to pump at all?
I'm sorry you're sick :( So hard for mom's to have sick days :(

No I didn't need to pump! I wasn't even uncomfortably full! Weird because I know she gets milk when nursing still, I can see milk when she comes off and the other morning I leaked all over my shirt lol while she was having the other side.

Anyways did you guys make any decisions on holding off for a bit? Or are you going to keep trying? I'm getting anxious to be pregnant but keep remembering that I would have a January baby if I got pregnant right now and I'd rather have a march baby... so it's ok I'm not ovulating yet!!

Haha I feel the exact same way! I want to be pregnant and have a baby on the way right now but I really want a spring baby....
We are kinda just being carefree and acting on any desires we have but not really preventing....If it happens it happens, but I am looking forward to ovulating each month. It's like waiting for a present lol I had a negative opk today. I think I'll ovulate day 17 or 18 again. Don't know why my body does that instead of day 14...
My fingers are crossed you ovulate soon! That's crazy you didn't feel too full!
Any promising symptoms that you might O soon?...

Man, being close to ovulation and my hormones are making me so horny!! Jeez, our bodies just know when to procreate...
DH pulled out though. I told him to. I'm so confused. Wanting to get pregnant, not wanting to get pregnant yet, then wanting to get pregnant, then chickening out during sex. :shock:

Lol chickening out during sex!! So funny. I honestly have no prospects of O. Which is crazy. I haven't nursed in the night in weeks, since before Easter and still no good cm or opks. So weird. I was supposed to get a pap in April so I'm going to call and make that appt tomorrow and when I get it done I can talk to my dr about it. I'm taking two opks a day and they're barely visible. I should probably start temping again to see if anything is going on with my temps.

Aw, that's frustrating Reiko! Fingers crossed it happens soon though! Every body is so different. I think of it like birth control pills. Some ladies can get pregnant while on the pill but maybe misses a day or takes a pill later then usual, others take months to ovulate after stopping the pills completely!
If your worried though I'm sure you could talk to your doctor and maybe get blood work done :)
You still have time before missing out on a spring baby though :)

No I think I just need to stop obsessing for a few months. It will happen when it happens. And if we don't get pregnant again we have 2 healthy happy little girls who are more than enough!!

I hope everything works out for the best Reiko :hugs:

I have AF currently. Only had a 10 day lp. I'm wondering if I should take a b complex to see if it'll lengthen it...I feel like my multivitamin already has so much for b vitamins. I don't want to overdose. My pee is so bright yellow each morning lol
I'm thinking we might actually try this month but I'm not optimistic. I've also noticed my CM is practically non-existent at O time. I had loads when TTC with my son and my first cycle in February.
Maybe it's breastfeeding. Maybe I need to improve my diet. I don't know.

Yeah if you've got bright yellow pee already you're probably getting enough? But it's water soluble right so you will just pee it out if you take too much... and if you just do it for a couple of days it probably won't hurt. Also make sure you're drinking enough water, I've heard that can affect your cm! How much are your nursing nowadays?

I definitely should drink more water :(
Currently DS's teeth are really bugging him. He got a bottom molar in about 2 weeks ago. So waiting​ on the rest now. He's been asking to nurse every 1-2 hrs again :( but not at night. Well​ we had a couple nights this week he did nurse from 2am-8am latched the whole time. So, it's variable...but dH helped him last night. I guess he woke up a lot. Ugh, I hate teething.

I'm waiting for the incisors to come in over here. She got all her teeth early so far but these ones aren't showing yet! We just got over a month of sickness so nursing less for sure than we have been but I'm betting those teeth will show as soon as this cold is completely gone lol. Wouldn't that be the way. Teeth are tough. It's actually crazy how long you've nursed for!! Like, do you ever think about it and feel amazed with yourself? It's so nice to be able to comfort them when teething. We are trying to figure out removing nursing from the bedtime routine and daddy doing bedtime with her, so I nurse in the living room for a few mins and then he takes her to brush teeth and read stories and rock her for bedtime. She's protesting but hopefully she'll come around soon so at least it's not tied to falling asleep.

Oh man, ya it sounds like you guys have been battling a cold for a long time. There always seems to be something they need comfort from though! So you're probably right that the teeth will start moving once she doesn't have a cold anymore.
It always seemed to be sickness, teething, immunizations, or a growth spurt/development leap.
It actually doesn't feel like that long because it's all I've ever known to do. There's nothing to compare to. He still just feels like my baby :cloud9:

The bedtime routine sounds good :) My dh does that some nights too and on nights I put DS to sleep he doesn't nurse to sleep. Just enough to relax him then I sing ABC's for each boob to put them to sleep. Then we just cuddle until DS, and sometimes I, falls asleep. I just find that initial going to sleep sets his expectations for the whole night. If he nurses to sleep he wants to be nursed back to sleep each wake up.

Yes totally! Tonight Dh put her to sleep and she's stirred 3 times and whined for 3 seconds and I get up ready to go to her room and she just puts herself right back to sleep!! I think if I had nursed her to sleep she would want me to come in and do it again!

She's always restless from 7-10 and then is fine until usually 4... I'm guessing it's her being over tired because she's doesn't nap well at all. Man my kids just don't sleep well!! It's annoying but I can't fault them because me and my sister are the same. My husbands family all sleep like rocks. We are all light sleepers on my side.

DS has been a terrible sleeper too. Since night weaning he sleeps better though. Usually, 9pm-6am. It's a pretty late bedtime but he just doesn't seem tired sooner. The only way I found to get my son to nap was let him stay latched on me the whole time. Otherwise he'll nap for anyone else just fine though. Once we got him napping better he did sleep better too
So I should ovulate tomorrow I think. I feel so uncomfortable near ovulation. Not really cramps but like there's a weight in my uterus.
DH says he doesn't want to try this month. Next month for sure. I feel more ready this month so I'm kinda disappointed but I can wait one more month. I told him about my lp length and how it can cause chemical pregnancies. He's super squimish about miscarriages so doesn't want one to happen for us. I know it's not in our control, but he says he wants to see if my lp length is better this month. I also haven't been getting much ewcm. Ive been eating better, taking my vitamins, and drinking a ton of water...maybe I do need to add a vitamin b complex to my day :confused:

Any symptoms from you?

Ok, just did some googling about ewcm and apparently evening primrose oil can help. I take fish oil and I thought they do the same thing. Give you Omega fats. Well apparently evening primrose oil has Omega 6. And the stuff I take is just omega 3. When TTC with my DS I took a omega 3,6,9 blend. I'm almost out of my omega 3's so I'm gonna go to the store right now and get one I used to use! :)

Good call! I took epo to get DD2 out lol so I have some capsules left too if I need help with that. We are down to nursing about once per 24 hrs. No ewcm but i have lots of creamy yesterday and today. Which is good because I haven't had lots of anything for a while. So that's positive at least. I have my pap on June 6 and I'm sure my dr will want my thyroid tested and other hormones too most likely.

Kind of a bummer About not trying this month, but next month is a March baby so that would be nice at least!! I really hope you get a bfp!! Are you guys still doing Disney?

Oh and my LO is sleeping soooo much better. She has stopped with the restless evenings thank goodness and is sleeping 7-6:30 with usually one wake up between 1-4. phew!!

That's excellent!
I'm not sure about Disney. I don't think dH's family is able to go now though and we really want to all go as a group. I think we'll decide later, but are thinking about other trips we could take instead

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->