Breastfeeding & pregnant Mammas

That whole, "Your body wasn't ready" thing is a load of crap. How do you explain the people who show up to their postpartum appointment already pregnant again?

As for the C-section, I doubt that's the case. They say the majority of first tri losses, especially in the first 6 weeks, are down to the baby itself not being healthy (genetically), so your body recognizes it and ends the pregnancy. Most doctors don't worry about there being any problems with the mother until you have at least 4 miscarriages. None of this makes it any easier to cope with your loss, but at least you can tell yourself that there should be no reason why your next pregnancy won't be perfectly healthy. :hugs:

Thank you both. It's nice to have somewhere to vent where people know not to say stupid things. I did have my best friend say "I'd tell you everything will be ok and you'll feel normal again soon but what a load of crap!" I love that. She was so nice to just say the truth!

I got my blood results from 2nd draw. They only went down by 30 :( Ugh I do not want this to be a super drawn out thing.

Tonight I'm doing a bit better. My husband suggested we get a charm for my bracelet he started for one of our anniversaries. That will be a nice way to kind of acknowledge the baby. I don't want to mope around, I'm just still in the worst part today.

After having a chemical pregnancy (so not even as far along as you were) it still took me two weeks to fully come to terms with it (I wasn't having HCG draws, so I kept telling myself maybe the baby was somehow still alive, even though I bled like a period and my tests went negative...yeah, I was a little delusional). And then after that it did start to get better because I started putting my thoughts and energy into the next month of TTC. So it definitely takes some time before you start to feel a little better. In the meantime, I think your plan to get a charm for your baby is a good idea. :hugs:

:hugs: it's never easy, no matter how far along :hugs: take all the time you need to greve, in any way you need to :hugs: we are all here for you
The charm for your bracelet is a sweet idea.
Before I got pregnant with my son I lost a baby, had to have a dnc :( which was terrible because I had to wait for the surgery and sit there knowing my baby had passed and was already gone inside of me but my body kept it :( I just wanted to get it over with. I got a tattoo to remember that little one I never got to meet. Although now looking back everytime I see the tattoo it brings back that terrible time :(

Oh Jess I'm sorry :( That sounds so awful and hard :( I am thankful that my body seemed to recognize this quickly. I am feeling better emotionally. Still sad, but not a complete wreck now.

Not a good night tonight :cry: I started bleeding. I've had bad cramping all day. I went to the ER to get some answers, I really didn't want to wait until Friday for my appointment (an ultrasound) it just seems so far away right now. They did one there and didn't see anything :( and dr said my levels were only 76. They are supposed to be at least 4,000 by now. He said its most likely a miscarriage or my dates are wrong (but I know they're not) :(
I'm going to keep my appointment but it's probably pointless as the cramping is getting worse and the bleeding hasn't stopped:( i really didn't see this coming.

Oh Jess! I'm so so so sorry :( This breaks my heart :( Please keep us updated :cry:

Jess, I'm so sorry. :cry: Take it easy, hun. :hugs:

Hopefully next month will bring rainbow babies for you and TTC. :hugs:

Thanks girls :hugs:
I'm still in shock, one day everything was fine and the next I'm cramping and bleeding :(

I'm so sorry Jess. I felt (still do kind of) the same way. Tomorrow was supposed to be my first ultrasound. Instead I'll be getting get more blood work since my hcg still isn't zero.

We plan to try again after 2 periods. What do you think you'll do Jess?

I think we will try again.
Is there supposed to be a wait time to start TTC again? :shrug: of so its news to me

I wonder if they will still do the US or if it will just be blood work for me? I wonder what my levels are. I really feel like the US is a waste of money at this point.

For me, my doctor told me to wait two cycles. But that's because I have a blood disorder and I need time for it to build back up for pregnancy. But she didn't say there's a standard waiting time. I've known a lot of people who haven't waited even one cycle and they've had perfect pregnancies.

I think they'll probably just do the blood work. An ultrasound won't really show anything at this point I wouldn't think. They'll probably want to check your levels and see if they're decreasing appropriately.

Doesn't it bug when they try to give you false hope? They told me maybe I was earlier than I thought.etc like the er told you. I'm like no. I got a positive test two weeks ago....no way I'm only 4 weeks :( It's all awful.

I think I'm depressed. I don't know what to do. My brain is foggy, I'm just in survival mode with everything. I'm not eating, yet gained 6lbs the past couple weeks. A rainbow baby would make it a bit easier to cope I think.

I am breastfeeding and pregnant also though due in Aug/Sep. Just wanted to say hi. This is also my third time breastfeeding when pregnant.

I am breastfeeding and pregnant also though due in Aug/Sep. Just wanted to say hi. This is also my third time breastfeeding when pregnant.

Hi Dragonfly. :wave: Just so you know, this was a thread created for our 2014 babies. Of course you can stay and chat, but only a few of us are pregnant right now, and we're a bit further along. :flower:

TTC, it definitely sounds like you're depressed (speaking as someone who has dealt with it off and on as long as I can remember). Its really too bad you have to wait two months to start TTC again, because I think it would definitely help you to feel better right now. :hugs:

I think the only way I didnt fall into a bad depression was because I TTC straight away. Even then I was depressed. I just think the ttc kept it from being really bad. I even thought about getting meds for it. Having something to focus on was great, although after the second MMC it became a obsession.

My doc let me try again right away. But he first said 2 months. I think he knew I needed something to cling onto.

Hi Dragonfly. :wave: Just so you know, this was a thread created for our 2014 babies. Of course you can stay and chat, but only a few of us are pregnant right now, and we're a bit further along. :flower:

TTC, it definitely sounds like you're depressed (speaking as someone who has dealt with it off and on as long as I can remember). Its really too bad you have to wait two months to start TTC again, because I think it would definitely help you to feel better right now. :hugs:

I am such an air head how could I think any one was due this november! :dohh:

Hey dragonfly! I'm due Sept 9th!

Jess and TTC, I've been told to wait by some doctors and not by others. The ones that told me to wait basically said it was for dating purposes. So honestly, I decided for myself and didn't wait. Except for this last one and that's only because I got a colonoscopy done. I think it's very therapeutic in the grieving process to TTC.

Lol Dragonfly it's ok. :)

Thanks spiffy and luvymom and mo2p :) I agree that ttc right away would sure make me feel better. With my blood disorder I'm just thinking I should probably wait the 2 cycles.... I'm sure I'm close to my first cycle so really it's only about 6 weeks. I think what's been worse is the two weeks of pelvic rest I've been on.... sometimes you just need that kind of comfort from your significant other...to be denied that is cruel. :( Only a few more days.

The other thing getting me down is that I've sure put on weight since the mc. I think it's hormonal because I've hardly been eating and have had zero appetite. But here I am nearly 6lbs heavier :(

I can't wait to try again. I got some new vitamins that are supposed to be really good. Also going to do this dvd workout series for a month.... if I can get it together. Man there are so many days where my prayers are just "God help me I want to give up."

TTC, I really feel for you. The other day I was crying hysterically to my husband and asking, "Can I quit? I can't do this anymore!" :( Hormones and young children and difficult situations don't go well together. :nope:

Oh, and Dragonfly, I actually conceived my "November" baby (He came in October) around this exact day two years ago, so actually, the November due dates will be rolling out again soon. :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->