• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Breastfeeding & pregnant Mammas

Thank you ladies. We are doing ok. It was very unexpected so I think hubby and I are in a bit of disbelief still. Thanks for your kind thoughts.

Jess, your test looks great!!!!! Are you going to do a digi or anything? I have to tell you, a week ago I had such a scare with a stupid frer. The new kind are awful. They have a weird curved handle. I took one and it was super faint. Thought for sure I was having a mc. No. Tons of complaints online about those. I took a Wal-Mart brand. Clearly much darker. Ugh no more frer for me.

Spiffy, how scary!!!!! Way way too early for your little one to come! I am praying all is well and your cervix holds strong. Keep us updated!

Oh Spiffy that is scary :( hope all is ok and everything checks out fine.
I tripped over my dog when I was pregnant with Samantha, super nerve wrecking!
Did you have any spotting or anything like that after?

TTC I saw those tests when I went to Walmart the other day, they look funny lol I didn't buy any FRERS or anything. I got 2 Walmart tests and a dollar tree one (that I will take tomorrow) and about 8 ICs left :) I have enough to follow progression with out breaking the bank.
I called my OBGYN this morning and I have an appointment with my him and to get bloods done. I don't expect an ultrasound or anything for a few more weeks, I think that's when/how I'll get an official due date.
Kinda wondering if it's more than one in there lol

Jess, we posted at the same time last time, so I didn't see your test until just now. That's amazing progression since yesterday!

As for me, the nurse finally called me back, and they want me to go to Labor and Delivery for an evaluation. As for falling down the stairs, I didn't have any bleeding, thank goodness, but the fact that my cervix has started changing and my contractions are getting a little stronger since then makes me wonder if it's related to the fall. Hopefully I'll have more answers after my L&D visit (I have to wait until DH gets home so he can watch the kiddos).

Thanks, Jess. :flower:

So I ended up spending 5 hours in L&D last night. :( I thought it would be a quick check and I'd be out of there, but I was so wrong! After checking me and doing some swabs and everything looking fine, they noticed that baby's heart rate was staying up in the 180s (his baseline is in the 150s) so they wanted to monitor him for a while. They realized that my temperature was a little high, so they had me drink some ice water, and it brought his heart rate back down. By the time that was done, my regular Irritable Uterus contractions had started up, so they wanted to keep an eye on those for a while. Eventually, they were coming every 2 minutes (not that unusual for me) so they started me on IV fluids and Nifedipine until they got the contractions to stop. But the whole time I was just thinking, "This is normal for me! I just want to go home and go to bed!" Ugh. I can't wait to see what kind of bill we're going to get for that adventure. :nope:

Ugh that stinks :( that they had you there so long! What a long night!
So glad you and the baby are alright! :)
Are you still dilated a little?

When Samantha was admitted for 2 days back in December it was $20,000!!! Basically $10,000 a day! It's ridiculous!
Hope yours isn't too bad

Jess, $20,000 is awful! :shock:

As for the dilation, the nurse who checked me said my cervix is open on the outside, but still closed internally. So that's good. I'll still have my OB check it at my 27 week appointment, though, because I know from experience that there are discrepancies between people who check (when I was in labor with Asher, the on-call doctor said I was 4.5cm and when my OB checked right after, she said I was actually 6.5cm).

Congratulations Jess!! Fantastic news. And $20000 for a 2 day admission?! That's crazy! What was she in for?

Sorry to hear about your MIL TTC. *hugs*

Spiffy, sounds like a long day at the hospital. Glad everything was OK in the end, but that must have been exhausting.

Having an extremely rough time. I've been spotting light brown since yesterday. I was cramping today so they had me come in. Did an early.u/s and saw absolutely nothing in my uterus. At this point it's either too early, a miscarriage underway, or an ectopic. Went for blood work and should get results tomorrow. But I'm not overly hopeful as I took a clear blue digi today and it still says 2-3. My heart just aches :( I really wanted this baby. Prayers are much appreciated.

Cangaroo she was admitted for breathing issues. It wasn't pneumonia or RSV just some really bad congestion that got deep into her lungs.
It was really scary, she was using all the muscles in her chest and stomach to breath :cry: It was intense, every dr and nurse in the ER was rushing and asking questions and hookah her up to machines.
I never want to go through anything like that again :(

Jess, I remember seeing your facebook posts when that happened. Such a scary experience. :( I'm glad she was okay.

Thanks guys. I'm pretty sure I'm in the middle of miscarrying :( Blood is red now and more :( Ugh so heartbreaking.

Thank you all. The blood is so on and off and is such an odd color. Practically stopped again. I am so worried it's ectopic.

So sorry TTC. Are you still waiting for the bloods? I've had spotting about that stage in both my pregnancies. It's really hard waiting to know for definite.

Jess- that sounds very scary. Glad she was OK!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->